What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

It was yesterday, but I finally got a chance to work on the franchise that I'm putting all my Australian animals in, I had the general layout with generic paths already, but I got all the animals in and set to their needs, staff assigned, food/drink/trash/toilets/lights/donation bins, and some natural decor, but I still have a bit to do on that. I used to be able to play for a couple of hours each night, but I hurt my back in June, and after sitting for 8 hours for work, my back is already strained to do anything beyond that, so I just log into franchise and open up a zoo to get franchise and visitor CC. So it's nice to have a few hours on the weekend to devote to the game. Hoping I can get back to it every day as I really love the game.

lets say what did i do over the weekend in PZ: i built an outback area in my current zoo. Still a lot to do, especially in details, but i already recognizing lags and fps-drops. As always going into details like this.

1-Kopie-Kopie-2-Kopie.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-2.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-3.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-4.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-6.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-5.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-7.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-8.jpg
1-Kopie-Kopie-9.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-10.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-11.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-12.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-13.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-14.jpg

1-Kopie.jpg
Really nice to look at! Thanks for sharing! :)
I haven't open my zoo yet, I want to have finished all of it before I do so. Also turned off aging and suc, to have room for building and not managing in between. But lets say I'm quite a bit anxous how my poor Buffy (my PC) will handle the zoo with guests :D

@jcp011c Playing everyday for a bit again would really be nice. I just used my lunch break to buy some kangaroos and dingos.

The dingo habitat will be my next project, but I don't know if I can start it today already. Found a reference pic for a good theming of the habitat. But boy, these doggies need a lot of space.

lets say what did i do over the weekend in PZ: i built an outback area in my current zoo. Still a lot to do, especially in details, but i already recognizing lags and fps-drops. As always going into details like this.

1-Kopie-Kopie-2-Kopie.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-2.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-3.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-4.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-6.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-5.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-7.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-8.jpg
1-Kopie-Kopie-9.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-10.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-11.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-12.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-13.jpg

1-Kopie-Kopie-14.jpg

1-Kopie.jpg
Your Zoo is so cool! I am also decorating my zoo but my poor ideas make me only expanding the New World Style...

Also, all my designs are either square or rectangle, no matter buildings or habitats or anything else......

20200831221122_1.jpg

20200831221133_1.jpg
20200831221138_1.jpg
20200831221148_1.jpg
20200831221211_1.jpg
20200831221219_1.jpg
20200831221231_1.jpg

Your Zoo is so cool! I am also decorating my zoo but my poor ideas make me only expanding the New World Style...

Also, all my designs are either square or rectangle, no matter buildings or habitats or anything else......

View attachment 186335
View attachment 186336View attachment 186337View attachment 186338View attachment 186339View attachment 186340View attachment 186341
You're zoo's nice too! I used to make the weirdest looking habits, and I'm slowly phasing them out. Yours are very organized.

View attachment 186335
View attachment 186336View attachment 186337View attachment 186338View attachment 186339View attachment 186340View attachment 186341
Your zoo looks a bit "squared", but your buildings are really nice!

Try to play a bit with heights, just making a small hill or something like that and see what you can do with that new landscape. This is also a great way to implement some natural borders without any walls, fences or glass between the animals and the visitors. Different heights in your zoo bring you a lot more depth (heights bring you depth. lol) and more possibilities! :)

Last edited:
Well, i didn't make this today and actually lost track about how many hours i've already sunk into this yet-to-become mid-sized megalomaniac project.

Screenshot (4).jpg

At the moment there's just the rough layout of the entrance- and central area. The 2 habitats near the entrance are just quick cashcow-setups to fund my construction plans, and will eventually be replaced by some sort of garden (But i will keep the llamas and aldabra tortoises).

Screenshot (1).jpg

A fountain. Not much to say about this. At least for now.

Screenshot (2).jpg

A closer look at Castle Löwenstein ("Lionstone", i think you can guess why it's called that way). Built around the 19th century, somewhere in Austria (Not to be confused with Australia). I'm still working on the history of this place and the castle also isn't finished yet.

Screenshot (3).jpg

Another perspective.

Screenshot (6).jpg

Screenshot (8).jpg

Screenshot (7).jpg

A playground! Sadly just scenery, and i still have to figure out how to lure guests into that area. Don't mind the smokin´ gulpee vendor machine.

Screenshot (5).jpg

And this is what i actually want to work on for today, the peafowl habitat.

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).jpg
    Screenshot (3).jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 224
looks awesome.

What pieces are these flags u used at the palace?

I think it was in the indian section. They have flowery patterns by default, but you can flexicolour them how you want.

looks dope, maybe you can keep posoting pictures in the "your creations"/"zoos" section of the forum

I might do that, but untill this is finished we already might have the "Birds- and Aquatic" DLC's. Wich would be 2x dope, i'm playing around with the idea to build placeholder aviarys and aquariums.

sooo, between end of work for today and dinner I started to build the scenery building for my dingo habitat. Figured it doesn't fit where I want it, so I need to move / demolish a guest toilet and maybe fight with pathing a bit. I also decided today, I will re-do 1/3 of my zoo to FINALLY work with different height levels, at least to some "I'm a beginner with terrain modification and I'm awful with it, so I start slow" extend.

Well, i didn't make this today and actually lost track about how many hours i've already sunk into this yet-to-become mid-sized megalomaniac project.

View attachment 186356

At the moment there's just the rough layout of the entrance- and central area. The 2 habitats near the entrance are just quick cashcow-setups to fund my construction plans, and will eventually be replaced by some sort of garden (But i will keep the llamas and aldabra tortoises).

View attachment 186357

A fountain. Not much to say about this. At least for now.

View attachment 186358

A closer look at Castle Löwenstein ("Lionstone", i think you can guess why it's called that way). Built around the 19th century, somewhere in Austria (Not to be confused with Australia). I'm still working on the history of this place and the castle also isn't finished yet.

View attachment 186368

Another perspective.

View attachment 186360
View attachment 186370
View attachment 186361

A playground! Sadly just scenery, and i still have to figure out how to lure guests into that area. Don't mind the smokin´ gulpee vendor machine.

View attachment 186362

And this is what i actually want to work on for today, the peafowl habitat.
It looks really great. I would love it to see more

Started my new zoo. Already hate it. 😂

No, not really. I went for a modern-ish entrance building (well...I guess it would be a "seventies" style entrance building). Then I decided to build a lemur habitat out of a more classical design. In my head I was thinking, the building at the back of the habitat could have once been an old big cat enclosure, which has since been converted. So there's this older building at the back, with a sprawling habitat extending in front of it for the lemurs. Now, though, I'm thinking I shouldn't have done that, because I'll probably have to include some other older-style buildings in the zoo to complete the 'illusion', and I'm not really sure I want to do that.

Consistency is key for me.

I also started building a wolf habitat with natural borders and a lot of terrain modification, which I really like, but now I'm conflicted as to whether I want wolves in there or bears (or even Siberian tigers). I did have an Asian section planned but since the zoo is based in Britain I wanted to include wolves near the entrance as a European animal.

Continued the timed Challenge today I've started yesterday and failed horrible. So I've let all Animals free and watched the Guests fleeing from Cassowarys and Ostriches. Then I've loaded my Sandbox where I create Blueprints, did some Changes to the Bonobo Indoor Enclosure in the Ape House that I want to place in my Main-Zoo once it's finished. Didn't like it in the End but I finally got some Ideas for the Exterior of the Building. I think I only need to plant some Flowers, add some Details and try to let the New World Clock look like a Classic Clock because all of the Clocks from the Classic Set are too small for that Building

Edit: and now I need a Fence that isn't in the Game and I think also impossible to create with the current Pieces

Last edited:
Decided to take a break for today. Now it' 11 pm and I regret it. One hour max. until bedtime. So I'll just see if I can get some good Indian Elephants from the market right now and lay out the shape of the red kangaroo habitat.

Anyone else playing tonight? I'm currently struggling around with my kangaroo habitat. Don't have a very interesting idea or just stress myself out too much. Thisn usually happens when I can't find something to watch or listen to while playing. I have more patience when something is running next to my game that keeps me entertained. Do you have habits while playing?

Anyone else playing tonight? I'm currently struggling around with my kangaroo habitat. Don't have a very interesting idea or just stress myself out too much. Thisn usually happens when I can't find something to watch or listen to while playing. I have more patience when something is running next to my game that keeps me entertained. Do you have habits while playing?

I'm still trying to work out how to implement an Australian section. I would prefer to do an indoor enclosure for my koalas, based around the one at Edinburgh Zoo in concept, and an outdoor enclosure for my kangaroos. I'll probably skip the dingos (already have timber wolves now, and I want African wild dogs as well) and I'm thinking I'll save the cassowary for a tropical section instead of lumping it in with Australia.

But what I actually did was start building an Indian rhinoceros habitat. I'm working with three points of viewing - one over a moat, one looking into their shelter (where their mud wallow will be) and a raised viewing platform. It will probably be the beginning of my zoo's Asian section (Bengal tigers, orangutans, rhinos, red pandas, and Komodo dragons I'm thinking).

As to habits while I play, since I'm on a laptop my options are limited. To be honest I find that the game takes a considerable amount of concentration so I usually put on headphones and focus wholly on it while I play.

As to habits while I play, since I'm on a laptop my options are limited. To be honest I find that the game takes a considerable amount of concentration so I usually put on headphones and focus wholly on it while I play.

It absolutely does. Whatever I listen to or watch is only background noise, but when I'm stuck I find it helps me when I can shift my mind for a few minutes, without actually getting away from the game.

I'm always fascinated by the detailed habitat planning others have. I still have a looong way to go tu build really beautiful and maybe even realistic zoos. That's one of the reasons I currently demolish a third of my zoo. I want my "world of plant section" and part of the "world of silence" on a different terrain level. Got my kangaroo habitat more or less ready, not too happy with the shelter still. The game is throwing some bugs at me today, that cross my plans.

I still have a looong way to go tu build really beautiful and maybe even realistic zoos. That's one of the reasons I currently demolish a third of my zoo.

Yes - and for me it's the reason, my zoos are getting seldom more than about 5-8 habitats, until I start a new one.
I want my "world of plant section" and part of the "world of silence" on a different terrain level.

Thank you for the ideas! They are great. I might steal them. Let me just start a new zoo... ;) Oh, wait, no, I have about 4 habitats I have yet to build in my current one.

Your zoos (I only know "Königsfreuden") are great, by the way, and far, far better than anything I can come up with. But you'll see, in some years time....

And thank you, Indoraptor27, for starting this thread. It is most entertaining. :)

Top Bottom