What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Wasn't today, but it was yesterday for me.

I opened up my Australian Zoo in Franchise mode, built a Southern Cassowary exhibit right next to my Red Kangaroo. I decorated it to be quite tropical, but still keeping areas open and spots for the guests to view them through the glass windows, as well as a path that wraps around to the back of the enclosure that ramps up allowing them to see over the fencing.

After that, I waited out until I got some more funds and I built what I called a "Koala Sphere". I created a large circular pen from the terrain editor, then carved out the inside with a small gap in one of the walls. In the gap I placed glass fencing, two guest habitat gates, and a single staff gate in between the two. The entire idea of the enclosure was to be a sort of enclosed are for Koalas where the guests could enter inside one of the entrances, walk around the entire perimeter to take a peak at the Koalas, and leave through the gate opposite of the one they entered. I created a little treehouse shelter for the Koalas and some climbing platforms as well.

Once I completed this, I created a large Saltwater Crocodile enclosure that actually went underneath the paths leading to the "Koala Sphere" mentioned above. Turning the paths into bridges headed towards the Koala's enclosure. To the sides of the now bridges, you could look down into the water and see the Crocodiles swimming if they happened to move over there.(They actually seem to really enjoy moving over there too!) I also created a bridge using paths going straight over the Crocodile enclosure to get to the opposite side where you could view them from the back of the enclosure where they have their feeding station, some enrichment items, and their shelter.

These were the 'finishing' touches of my Australian Zoo, all I need to do for now is decorate with some scenery and I'll be set until Frontier adds in more Australian animals!

1599706546791.png

1599706559370.png

1599706574593.png

Today and every day so far has been this, a nocturnal house for pygmy hippo,anteater,pangolin and aardvark. The middle circle will have a feature to emulate the moon from above, and on the ground it will be an abstract sculpture

Yesterday I added a wild dog pack. The day before I had put in hyena, and now I have both near each other. For the wild dogs the habitat is a bit bland, but still good. I didn't have a whole lot of inspiration, so I just made something I thought was nice. The hyena one is more artful, I hid some smoke effects under various rocks on a large hill, so it feels like a small volcano, waiting to erupt.

I have a lot of habitats, and my PC isn't falling apart yet so I'm good for now. My plan for later today is to start a South America or Arctic section. Not sure which. I still don't have a lot of animals. Some I don't plan on adding anytime soon, like titan beetles, since from what I heard they take a ton of micro management, and Bactrian camel, since even though they're Asian, they don't really fit in an East Asian or Indian section.

What did you do in Planet Zoo today? I haven't gotten a chance to play yet, but I'm eager to see what everyone else has been doing. Feel free to share whatever you did today here, even if it's "boring", I'd still like to know.
That seems to be a good way to interact with Frontier games.

I didn't do anything yet today except breeding Bonobos for the Challenge (which will also lead to me selling many Bonobos most likely later or tomorrow) but I'm excited to continue to work on my Chinese Garden later and hopefully finish the Flowerbed at the Beginning (which makes some Problems), the Observation Tower that allows People to see the Garden from above and placing the Plants around the Flowerbed. Once the Garden is finished, I will most likely also add Red Pandas (which I've never kept before except for Career-Mode) and some other Animals too. I wish we would have the Green Peafowl in the Game. It's not only my favorite Bird but it would also fit perfectly into the Garden

Not much this evening - I did some management in the zoo and uploaded the pictures I had taken last week. During lunch break, I watched some videos on Youtube, and now I'm so eager to continue my desert habitat. Unfortunately, I'm moving very soon and my gaming computer is going to be packed and transported already tomorrow. I'm going to need some moral support here until I both have my computer and some spare time back (and internet connection at the new place), which won't be until October.

Shot some screenshots for the unity thread and bought some Nyalas to put them in their habitat. I am still undecided if I should keep it. There is nothing particular wrong with it, except it's a lot larger than needed.

Maybe you want to put in an additional species, I think Nyalas can live together with some others (Bongos, Okapis, Buffalos, if I remember correctly).

Thank you for the suggestion @Lea_G ! I like it, but I found out my PZ-flow got blocked by that habitat. So redoing it is. I often seem to build habitats twice, before I am happy with it

Last edited:
I can totally understand that, @Swjosdotschka.

I just received not so nice news, my computer kind of broke when I shut it down the last time. So in addition to moving to my new place, I need to get this fixed. Currently the computer doesn't start and it is unsure if I can keep my data. I really hope everything goes smoothly with my savegames in the Steam cloud o_O

Last edited:
I can totally understand that, @Swjosdotschka.

I just received not so nice news, my computer kind of broke when I shut him down the last time. So in addition to moving to my new place, I need to get this fixed. Currently the computer doesn't start and it is unsure if I can keep my data. I really hope everything goes smoothly with my savegames in the Steam cloud o_O
Oh noes! I keep my fingers crossed for you. I had this once or twice with my sims saves I spend month in. There was no cloud back then. I really hope the steam cloud worked as intended. And that the costs for fixing the computer aren't too high.

Oh noes! I keep my fingers crossed for you. I had this once or twice with my sims saves I spend month in. There was no cloud back then. I really hope the steam cloud worked as intended. And that the costs for fixing the computer aren't too high.

Oh, I remember losing so many sims families and neighbourhoods as well (though I stopped playing a few years ago). As of now, I'm really grateful for the cloud options, let's hope it works out. My dad is looking into fixing the computer, so it might be manageable. On the positive side: Being forced to stop playing Planet Zoo will probably make me even more excited when it's possible again!

So redoing it is. I often seem to build habitats twice, before I am happy with it

I do the same thing. I think almost every habitat in my current zoo has been built twice. 😂 I've redone the roof on my "Living Fossils" tropical house three times now, too (and only on the third time did I split it from the main group, so you can imagine how utterly tedious it was to remove the first two times).

Today I'm working on an African elephant habitat. It's difficult to make it look good without using foliage, but I'm trying to do it realistically, and typically real foliage is kept out of elephant habitats because it becomes a financial drain to keep replacing it. I'm also doing separate enclosures for my bull elephant and the cows/calves, with the plan being that the former will become a sort of male bachelor herd.

Top Bottom