What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Hmmm... I have two assumptions. First, the gate might be too close to the visitor path, but that's unlikely.
Second, there isn't enough room between the part where it goes down pretty steep. But you said you tried making that part longer, didn't you?

Hmmm... I have two assumptions. First, the gate might be too close to the visitor path, but that's unlikely.
Second, there isn't enough room between the part where it goes down pretty steep. But you said you tried making that part longer, didn't you?
I've already tried these Changes😕

Have you tried changing the null barrier to another barrier for a moment? Sometimes you can see things better then. Sometimes null barriers aren't completely straight and that could also be a problem.
I've tried to place the Gate first. Maybe it works if I surround the Island with the Null Barrier first. I hope this will help. I've already tried also if it helps to delete the Path there but it didn't work.

I can't believe how long that took me. Only have to do the keeper hut around the corner (not in the pic), but first I am happy to just work on a different section for a moment.
This looks really good 🙂👍

The Gate was now blue for a short Time, so maybe I will now be able to place it if I try it long enough.
Edit: I've found out that it is only blue if I place it so that it is leading to the wrong Direction. Does anyone know how much Space I need behind the Gate on the Inside?

Last edited:
The Gate was now blue for a short Time, so maybe I will now be able to place it if I try it long enough.
Edit: I've found out that it is only blue if I place it so that it is leading to the wrong Direction. Does anyone know how much Space I need behind the Gate on the Inside?

I think it's about as much as a 4x4m floor piece, maybe a little more.

I've been playing with the Classical Architecture and creating a zoo housed within multiple and massive Greenhouses - this is it so far . . .
20200920173835_1re.jpg
20200920173823_1re.jpg
20200920173745_1re.jpg
20200920173600_1re.jpg
20200920173544_1re.jpg

I think it's about as much as a 4x4m floor piece, maybe a little more.
Thanks, maybe this will help with the Placement of the Gate

I've been playing with the Classical Architecture and creating a zoo housed within multiple and massive Greenhouses - this is it so far . . .View attachment 188657View attachment 188658View attachment 188659View attachment 188660View attachment 188661
It looks really good in this Color. Maybe I'll do this too with one of my future Plant Houses. The Trees in the last Picture remind me of the Treetrunk in the Entrance Building of my Zoo that has lots of Bromeliads, Monstera and other Plants on it

Thanks Swjosdotschka and Urufu1997 - it took me a while to figure out that the colours can be changes with the orchid blooms - I love the colours you can create and the epiphytes in this game are awesome. The oxidised copper colour is my fav too. Looks so beautiful with the amazing greenhouse pieces.
This game is awesome!!!
And where I live, the trees have epiphytes, Orchids, Pothos, Stag/Elk Horns and the like growing all over them anyway - lucky to live in the semi tropics of Australia :)

Have you tried to move the bridge? Maybe it is too close to where you want to place the gate, would be my guess here.

@GJurassicgrr : Wow, the greenhouse is amazing - looks like from a fairytale with those overgrown trees!

I'm basically sitting in my almost empty apartment, packing up the last things - watching zoo content and longing for the game is a very welcome escapism to the craziness of moving. I actually got a new idea for a Scandinavian themed zoo and even made a little draft for it :D That would mean I need to treat myself with the Arctic Pack (the only one in which I find the pieces more exciting than the animals, which is why I haven't bought it yet)... Luckily, there is some time to think about that before I can dream of playing again!

I think normal Objects don't influence it and yes I still tried this and sadly it didn't work

Were you able to place it by now? If not after looking at the screens my guess would be the terrain is too thin under it, try to make it more solid and then place the gate.

Were you able to place it by now? If not after looking at the screens my guess would be the terrain is too thin under it, try to make it more solid and then place the gate.
I didn't try it since I woke up but the Terrain was everytime I've changed it yesterday as thick as possible
Edit: just tested with another Island and found out trough Terrain Modification that the Space of 2 Floor Pieces is needed on the left and the right Side behind the Gate. This means I'll completely need to change the planned Entrance or I'll need to change the Form of the Island ☹️

Last edited:
Pretty much finished my chimpanzee habitat as the opener to my zoo's African section. I'll take some screenshots later and see if I can post them. Next area is going to be an antelope exhibit. I'm planning three dioramic habitats set against the backdrop of a large rock formation with the shelters hidden behind the rocks. I'll probably do sable antelope, gemsbok, and wildebeest here, with springbok in the wildebeest habitat as well. I do wish we had the addax and/or scimitar-horned oryx, though, they'd really bring the area together. After that I have planned a 'Kopje' section for hyenas, aardvarks, warthogs, and a puff adder exhibit, with the 'Africa' area being capped off with a large giraffe/zebra/ostrich habitat and a lion habitat.

Then on the other side of the entrance I'm thinking of doing a 'bear' section, with the Himalayan brown bear, Formosan bear, and polar bear, which will be on a higher elevation (atop that plateau behind the lake in my restaurant picture).

I wrote most of the day, so I just started to play for today - and don't have too long, because work tomorrow -.-

Did some foliage on the hang, now tryiing to start my Formosan Black bear habitat with basically no idea in mind....

EDIT: Well, that was fast. I admit, I used blue prints for the climbing stuff. I absolutely hate building climbing structures.

Last edited:
@Swjosdotschka very nice exhibit. The ability to make stunning entrances,plazas(when pathing goes good) and especially habitats in this game is just amazing. I can’t really say I’ve been bored of this game since it’s release and still enjoy all the original animals in game as much as the dlc. This is the first zoo game I’ve played that after your done building a nice habitat it literally leaves you in awe watching the animals. In zt2 I’ve built some nice habitats but couldn’t really get the same feeling from watching the animals interact with the habitat. And although mods did wonders for the game their was still a lot of building limitations compared to planet zoo like rock placement and so on.

I've replaced the Bridge with another Bridge (even though it can't be really called a Bridge because there's Ground under it) and got my first 2 Red Pandas. The Enclosure isn't completely finished yet. I still need to add Rocks to the Outside and a Fence. I've tried to get some specific Screenshots but unfortunately for some Reason they can't use the Bridge that is leading up to their Shelter, so they can only enter and leave trough glitching with a Tree (I've wanted a Picture of one leaving the Shelter) and I wasn't able yet to make a Picture of one of them using a new Climbing Item I've designed specifically for this Enclosure.
neue Pandabrücke.jpg
Roter Panda.jpg
Roter Panda2.jpg
Roter Panda3.jpg
Roter Panda4.jpg
Roter Panda5.jpg
Roter Panda6.jpg

Top Bottom