What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

I'm now not sure which direction to take the zoo in. One idea is for it to be like a traditional country house walled garden probably set in Ireland. That's how it started off. Then I was playing around with blueprints and some buildings look really good with it but it gives it more of a city zoo feel but on a small scale. If anyone has been to the botanical gardens in Leiden it feels a bit like that. But a zoo of course. And a European city zoo is something I was thinking of doing anyway at some point.

I guess I can actually do both and see which one I end up preferring.

I am pro ireland zoo! Sounds like a unique idea to me and I'd love to see your take on it.

My shoulder is still hurt, so I still have to limit my PC time to "work only". In addition, the pain doesn't let me sleep propperly. Words can not explain how much I miss playing Planet Zoo. Or having a normal life or normal sleep again -.-

I am pro ireland zoo! Sounds like a unique idea to me and I'd love to see your take on it.

My shoulder is still hurt, so I still have to limit my PC time to "work only". In addition, the pain doesn't let me sleep propperly. Words can not explain how much I miss playing Planet Zoo. Or having a normal life or normal sleep again -.-

Oh man, I hope you feel better soon. 🐯

Really hope you feel better soon. I had two hours sleep last night and I know how difficult it is to function on that alone, never mind with pain as well.

Oh man, I remember when I ruptured my achilles and had to wear one of those hideous moon boots. I'm a very particular sleeper (borderline insomniac) so I barely slept at all for the first couple of weeks. I can't sleep on my back, but in a moon boot you have little choice, so it was pretty horrible. I can certainly sympathise! At least with a busted up ankle I had more time for video games - only downside is that PZ wasn't even announced at the time. 😅

At the moment my inspiration is with the small-ish city zoo set in the Netherlands. It's actually what I wanted to build when I first started playing but I didn't have the skills to do it. So it's nice to be able to go back to those ideas and actually make it work.

I have a notebook full of zoo ideas though and I am keeping the Irish zoo to return to in the future.

Oh man, I remember when I ruptured my achilles and had to wear one of those hideous moon boots. I'm a very particular sleeper (borderline insomniac) so I barely slept at all for the first couple of weeks. I can't sleep on my back, but in a moon boot you have little choice, so it was pretty horrible. I can certainly sympathise! At least with a busted up ankle I had more time for video games - only downside is that PZ wasn't even announced at the time. 😅

Yeah, I'm also not good with sleeping in general. Ironically enough, when I lay down the shoulder hurts when there is NO preassure on it. Which means I have to sleep on my left side, because it's the left shoulder that has the neuralgic pain. But my "fall asleep" position is on my right side, so basically my brain says all the time: "I'm tired, can you please turn around?" and when I do so my shoulder is: "I hate you, I'm going to kill you, NOW!"

And I forgot tohit "send", so this answer was sitting here for a whole day.LOL.
Thansk for the wellwishes, every one.

@markun Isn't it funny that a lot of players don't know whatto do after two or three zoos and players like us have ideas and ideas and ideas.... If it would earn me income, I could easily make Planet Zoo my full time job and not run out on ideas :D

Okay, guys, wish me luck. I could sleep on my other side last night and feel all in all very much better. I'll have to do garden work today, but maaaybe I can tell my shoulder to get it's poop together and play for a little while tonight and tomorrow. Gosh, I need my Planet Zoo fix. Currently doing a quick check on where I will lay out pathes for the next projects.

Okay, guys, wish me luck. I could sleep on my other side last night and feel all in all very much better. I'll have to do garden work today, but maaaybe I can tell my shoulder to get it's poop together and play for a little while tonight and tomorrow. Gosh, I need my Planet Zoo fix. Currently doing a quick check on where I will lay out pathes for the next projects.

Good luck!

I've hit a motivation slump again. Hopefully I can get over it more quickly instead of sitting around waiting for the next DLC again (I've barely played the Australia Pack as it is!).

Sooo I build a lake and a gorilla habitat yesterday / today (it's one 1 am here). Really happy about the progress. I hope I haven't overdone it with my shoulder, but I really needed this creative gaming session to get into a better mood again.

Added another viewing point to the gorilla habitat, so the animals and the guests also can meet on eye level. Previously it was only looking from above.
Also build a South American habitat with caoouchin monkeys, anteaters and tapris. Which means only Orang Utans are left and then I am ready with re-building what I demolished in the world of plants. My trade centre is almost empty again.

But after finishing the re-building part I still have a loooot to do, before I can open the zoo.

Well, started a new sandbox zoo...wanted to try doing more with mixed species habitats and a drive through safari for it, I've done a few smaller exhibits with a few in them before but I'm getting annoyed with the limited animal options there.

Unfortunately, the african mix is the only one with a wide enough group to have a really big exhibit. The north american duo can only feel like it's alive if you overload it, and the south american one is basically a monkey exhibit with a few ground animals and it feels empty.

Planet_Zoo_Screenshot_2020.10.05_-_21.09.39.88.png

It's more of a "what I did yesterday" kind of thing, but these rod pieces are a godsend for sure!

I have just downloaded and installed the game! :love:

Exactly one month ago my PC crashed and wouldn't start anymore, and in the past weeks I moved to a new city, had to organize a lot AND didn't have internet connection in the new apartment. Well, and started a new job last week. Luckily, the PC was relatively easy to fix, and today I finally had the time to set it up. I had to re-download and install the game, it worked perfectly fine and all my saves are still there. So I can't wait to dive into playing again!

Last edited:
I have just downloaded and installed the game! :love:

Exactly one month ago my PC crashed and wouldn't start anymore, and in the past weeks I moved into a new city, had to organize a lot AND didn't have internet connection in the new apartment. Well, and started a new job last week. Luckily, the PC was relatively easy to fix, and today I finally had the time to set it up. I had to re-download and install the game, it worked perfectly fine and all my saves are still there. So I can't wait to dive into playing again!
So happy for you! And congrats to the new job!

:D I feel that. However, cappuchin monkeys aren't such a pain in the behind as lemurs are for me. I sold these stinkers, because they constantly broke out where there was no option to break out.

I think I’ve fixed it now but I need to add some housing for the monkeys.

Today I opened a blank sandbox map, deleted the entrance and all the foliage, flattened the terrain around the entrance to start a new one, and then closed the game because I couldn't think at all of what to do.

I've been thinking about modelling a zoo on a similar layout to Wellington Zoo here in NZ, which extends up a hill, but my terrain skills are lacking (mostly due to my impatience). I do use terrain variation a lot when I play, but never to the scale I'd need to do Wellington Zoo.

Top Bottom