What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

I have a new save for every new day a play on a file. Once I saved on something else, and I was so furious with myself. Now I have hundred of save files.... but I don't care.

You should, however, have a saving strategy.

I use Zoo name - 21 Nov (and tomorrow Zoo name - 22 Nov).

others use A, B, C

just find a strategy that works well.

That's a lot of savegames. But tbh, very understandable. Spending several hundred hours on a zoo and all gone with a few clicks.

One of the best parts of Franchise is that you don't have to worry about that but for challenge/sandbox you need to find something that works for you.

I've seen more people doing this, so a simple option to give an extra warning would be nice. Can't think of anything but something that triggers when something doesn't match (like a zoo name)

Today - have been building Himalayan themed Zoo - with Salty Exhibit under glass due to inclement weathers - lovely balmy 30 degree habitat - so much enjoyment building stuff in this game 😍 πŸ’— 🚠 🚈 🚝 🦈🐬
20201122145845_1re.jpg
20201122145802_1re.jpg
20201122145945_1re.jpg
20201122150045_1re.jpg

Subliminal message to Frontier - need 🚑🚠🚈🚝 πŸŸπŸ πŸ¬πŸ³πŸ‹πŸ¦ˆin game please - over and out.

Last edited:
Today - have been building Himalayan themed Zoo - with Salty Exhibit under glass due to inclement weathers - lovely balmy 30 degree habitat - so much enjoyment building stuff in this game 😍 πŸ’— 🚠 🚈 🚝 🦈🐬

Omg that's stunningly beautiful GGG! Outstanding use of roof pieces for dramatic pillars.

Also--holy carp why is everyone so talented here. :oops:

Omg that's stunningly beautiful GGG! Outstanding use of roof pieces for dramatic pillars.

Also--holy carp why is everyone so talented here. :oops:
Thank you - it's funny how one set of building items really gets you - the Glasshouse pieces and beautiful curves in that set are what keeps drawing me back to them - and the Asian pieces are so cool - nice to have rock walls and wooden additions. In Australia, we don't have much Tudor or Gothic - so perhaps I subliminally want to be European:unsure:

View attachment 196304View attachment 196305
Subliminal message to Frontier - need 🚑🚠🚈🚝 πŸŸπŸ πŸ¬πŸ³πŸ‹πŸ¦ˆin game please - over and out.

Wow, that is breathtaking! oO I'm currently stuck with my asi inspired section, so I might have to borrow some inspiraton from those pics. Really, really awesome.

I haven't had much time lately but I'm doing some progress. I only started the entrance and main backstage area of the zoo. Still working on the surroundings mainly.

I added a restaurant (the only one in the village) in the main square.
20201126171840_1.jpg

Also made a castle (as decoration) which dates back from the years the moorish were established in the area. The castle should provide some eye-catching vistas from the zoo in certain areas. Likewise, I intend to create nice views of the zoo from up there too.
20201126171751_1.jpg
To pinpoint everything a bit, here's a pic of the road that goes from the village to the zoo (on the right-ish) and the castle through an olive tree field. Unfortunately the towers' roofs are not visible from far away.
20201126180159_1.jpg

Wow, that is breathtaking! oO I'm currently stuck with my asi inspired section, so I might have to borrow some inspiraton from those pics. Really, really awesome.
Thank you Swjosdotschka - I get inspiration from everyone here too - everyone is so talented and unique in their building - it's inspiring each and everyday :) I keep getting drawn to those pieces and then Greenhouses are born:D
Cannot wait for the new DLC and including the zoo talk feature into exhibits and architecture. Have a great day everyone:love:
Also - random Goat - the olive trees and country side and the castle decoration are brilliant - very inspiring - cannot wait to see all of your work too:love:

I haven't had much time lately but I'm doing some progress. I only started the entrance and main backstage area of the zoo. Still working on the surroundings mainly.

I added a restaurant (the only one in the village) in the main square.

Also made a castle (as decoration) which dates back from the years the moorish were established in the area. The castle should provide some eye-catching vistas from the zoo in certain areas. Likewise, I intend to create nice views of the zoo from up there too.
To pinpoint everything a bit, here's a pic of the road that goes from the village to the zoo (on the right-ish) and the castle through an olive tree field. Unfortunately the towers' roofs are not visible from far away.

Everything you've shown feels pretty familiar to me... Is this park based somewhere in Spain? ;) Very nice work! The village looks so alive!

Today I I kind of finishined giving shape to the main backstage area, the workers parking lot and an off-show reserve exhibit. I still need to polish it and probably redo the paths.

What would backstage be without MrDomez and CarlosG72 workshop contributions... I would have never imagined that one of my favourite workshop items would be 'Random Piles of Crap'.
20201127084753_1.jpg

Today I I kind of finishined giving shape to the main backstage area, the workers parking lot and an off-show reserve exhibit. I still need to polish it and probably redo the paths.

What would backstage be without MrDomez and CarlosG72 workshop contributions... I would have never imagined that one of my favourite workshop items would be 'Random Piles of Crap'.
This Area looks great. I like the Gate

Today was prep work for me. Adopted some Giant Pandas in preparation of next week's Community Challenge, and placed them in my "Kids Zoo" -- A basic franchise zoo that I use for breeding up my animals before they go into my main "pretty" franchise zoo. (and also for aging up kids until I can release them for those animals that breed too much in my main zoo). While there, I also got some Indian Elephants and then Giraffes -- both animals that I'm planning to add next to different sides of my main park -- so that I could breed them up. (I usually adopt lower to medium stats at the beginning, and find that often their kids end up being quite good, so I end up making them the new "alphas" and using those to populate in my main zoo).

Anyone know if the Panda challenge will be Giant Pandas only, or if it includes Red Pandas too? I've got a bunch of those in my storage and my main zoo, so may give it a try to see if they count.

Finished setting up six oversized habitats for the panda community challenge in my "kids zoo" (challenge zoo). Theoretically I can now have sixty adult pandas plus their kids. Which is obviously overkill, but I don't follow realism for the challenges. (Or maybe there's a backstory that my zookeeper knows something that China really doesn't want made public, so they've promised unlimited pandas!) Got them fully researched now so that the fertility bonus will be activated, and continued to scour the market and adopt any with green fertility stats. Since this week's challenge doesn't have any required star levels, I've just been watching for green on that third line, and ignoring the rest of the stats. I'm up to about 25 now, but some are already aging past their sterility dates.

Continued to watch for giraffes, jaguars, chimpanzees, and Indian elephants, each of which will be future additions to different corners of my main franchise zoo, called "Mother Goose Park", (because it's my first zoo and a sort of training ground for me as I learn all the game mechanics). The jaguars breed quickly and have already overrun my trade center twice (although admittedly it was pretty full before I started). The chimps seem to be the slowest breeders, despite their welfare being over 98%, so I may have to go back and check that I haven't misunderstood the fertility and alpha rules on them.

Funnily enough, I adopted both some yellow jaguars and some black jaguars so that I'd be able to breed both, but now my two black jaguar parents have produced only yellow jaguar babies, and the my two yellow jaguar parents have been producing black jaguar babies!

Yesterday I finished the jaguar habitat. It's supposed to be like a temple ruin with a lake and a cave where they can sleep, and hide from the guests. I had like 6 jaguars just sitting in my trade center since April when the SA pack launched. They all have really good stats, and among them, there's also my first black jaguar ever which I named My Precious (of course you have to say it in Gollum's voice). I have trouble shaping the terrain the way I want it so my habitats are often flat, but I have been playing with the roughen tool, and have found it to be quite useful for creating more natural-looking hills and mountains.

20201130210542_1.jpg

Top Bottom