What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Today I finally got round to taking some screenshots of my zoo, a recreation of London Zoo in the 1980's. There's more in the 'your creations' section but thought I'd post one here.
Round-House.jpg

Today I finally got round to taking some screenshots of my zoo, a recreation of London Zoo in the 1980's. There's more in the 'your creations' section but thought I'd post one here.
View attachment 206988
Looks really nice. I've also thought a few Times about creating a historic Zoo. But I'm currently already working on multiple Projects

Thanks @Urufu1997 it's definitely a challenge but a lot of fun!
You might like what I've discovered today on the Workshop. Someone created a historic Sealion Enclosure for the Purpose of making a Fountain with Seal Statues out of it. I can try to find it again and send you a Link if you want

You might like what I've discovered today on the Workshop. Someone created a historic Sealion Enclosure for the Purpose of making a Fountain with Seal Statues out of it. I can try to find it again and send you a Link if you want
Thanks that would be interesting to see

I created a habitat for Barbary macaques in my Spanish zoo (using their Japanese cousins). The habitat itself is nothing special, but I like the sort of cave I did for the visitors to get closer. I hid the coolers in the rocks and the snow under the floor in the refuge, so the habitat looks fine for a Mediterranean city.

20210202193159_1.jpg
20210130161709_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20210130161632_1.jpg
    20210130161632_1.jpg
    463.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I created a habitat for Barbary macaques in my Spanish zoo (using their Japanese cousins). The habitat itself is nothing special, but I like the sort of cave I did for the visitors to get closer. I hid the coolers in the rocks and the snow under the floor in the refuge, so the habitat looks fine for a Mediterranean city.

Looks great. I just don't give them Snow. They still get happy enough without it. I hope we will see way more of this Zoo in the Future

Nothing special. I loose a bit the interesst in the game i think :unsure: i restartet my sims 3 game and i'm at the moment quiet happy with it.

On weekend i build a wild dog habitat and startet with a fake bird house.
I need to finish the railing of the higher path and bush- treework in the background.
i have download some fake birds from the workshop...but i hope...maybe some day, i can add "real" birds in that house :)
20210208160729_1.jpg
20210208160844_1.jpg
20210208160650_1.jpg

I've been working in the habitat that has the most promiment place in the zoo: the seals. Unfortunately, Mediterranean seals aren't kept in zoos, so I've used the grey seal (which is kept in Spain outdoors, so it's a good fit).

20210202193300_1.jpg

20210202193431_1.jpg
20210202193620_1.jpg

20210202193709_1.jpg

So, since I didn't feel the urge to play for month now, I tried something different- Went back into unity and just played and managed without forcing myself to build or be creative. prepared the whole zoo for the weather effects to be turned on. I really enjoyed myself.

Did a few Things in my Aqua Zoo.
I really love it that the Aquatic Pack is partially like a Botanical Garden Pack. It just fits all so perfectly together in my Park (the Glass Dome, the Rocks, the Path, the Waterfalls in the Flamingo Lagoon and all of the tropical Plants. Especially the Lipstick Palm)
Just learned about the Lipstick Palm that its natural Range includes Borneo, so I should think about this Plant next Time I get Orangutans in a Zoo or revisit the Breeding Center on Borneo 😃

I've been working in the habitat that has the most promiment place in the zoo: the seals. Unfortunately, Mediterranean seals aren't kept in zoos, so I've used the grey seal (which is kept in Spain outdoors, so it's a good fit).
I really like that look. Also the setup/placing of the buildings.

Which trick did you use for the clear water?

Omg that water/glass is surprisingly clear! Must be an effect of the terrain providing shade just above, I guess
Which trick did you use for the clear water?

Thanks! I used DeLadysigner's trick. She has a great video tutorial about clear water. Basically, it consists on placing the water against terrain instead of against the wall:
esquema.png

Top Bottom