What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Roofs are overrated. 😂

Made a (second) habitat for the hippo's. It's ended up being a pretty huge area. Now I was wondering if there are any animals that can safely life with them.
Now doing some foilage around the paths so the guests can't look into the great emptyness. 😅
Me before the Option was added to turn Lights on during Day: every Roof is totally overrated except it's completely or almost completely made out of Glass😂

Sadly Frontier didn't make their territorial Behavior realistic, so almost everything can live safe with them in the Game. The only Species I know of so far that gets attacked by them, is the Indian Rhinoceros. You might try keeping Flamingos or Nile Monitors with them (but not both. Tried to keep both Species together in a Career Mode Zoo and it didn't end well).
You could also try to keep Gharials with them if you don't mind keeping Animals from separate Continents together. They can be even kept with Flamingos due to their strong Adaptions to eating Fish and small Animals

Last edited:
Looks really great. Sadly I'm not very good at creating Mountains. But I was able to make a good looking Cliff Enclosure for Arctic Wolves, so maybe it will change 🙂
don't give up, at some point it will work for you!
i think you were german too? then I can highly recommend the videos from SeanMcBeard. I find it incredibly inspiring to watch him.
i really want to see the arctic wolf cliff :)

don't give up, at some point it will work for you!
i think you were german too? then I can highly recommend the videos from SeanMcBeard. I find it incredibly inspiring to watch him.
i really want to see the arctic wolf cliff :)
Yes, I'm German too. Might take a Look at the Channel again.
Regarding the Arctic Wolf Enclosure, I've planned anyways to show the Wolf Park in the Forum. I just need to figure out how to do the Lights for the Night. The Street Lanterns don't seem to have a very big Radius and I don't want to have one every 2 Meters

One jump ahead for my ZARPA zoo with the arrival of the red kangaroos. This is one of my favourite animals in the world and I think it's one of the best animals in the game. The animations are really good!

20210526142941_1.jpg

20210526143207_1.jpg

20210526143244_1.jpg

Somehow accidentally caused my Dingo Breeding Center to loose all the Money trough a Change that shouldn't influence it at all, so I'll need more Time than expected until I can show Pictures of the finished Breeding Center

So first exhibit I've worked hard on aesthetically speaking. Naturally it's the Snow Leopard exhibit, my favorite of the felines. I plan on finishing the Feliform Fairway exhibit branch with the other felid species before I make the Caniform Court. After that I have to finish the Crocodilian Alley.

20210531185257_1.jpg

20210531184707_1.jpg

A close up of the Arch and climbing structure.

20210531184713_1.jpg

The faux rockslide, and one of the shelter caves. The male Snow Leopard is actually using this cave, though he is really in there.

20210531185022_1.jpg

More climbing material, and the other shelter cave. The female and her cub are actually in this cave.

Obviously somethings are still off-centered, but seems like a good first effort.

I tried to upgrade my idea of a caban in the middle of a small forest, where the guests would be surrounded by a Wolf pack
Still a Work in Progress though

Reminds me of the Need to finish my Wolf Park. I probably won't be able to let it look good if I add Lights because most of them have such a small Radius but I want to at least replace the Timberwolf Sign because it doesn't really fit into the Park and also has wrong Informations about the Range like the Zoopedia. Does anyone know where I can find the Files for the original Education Boards?

That looks really cozy and nice! Would love to stay there :)
You will be more than welcome !!
Actually this shot is from the zoo that i'm using on my Sandbox Monday stream and i'm in the process of trying to make it look more like a zoo rather than a bunch of habitat ideas next to each other, but i really want to add the parc to the workshop

The Australian area of ZARPA has received its highlight: koalas are here! From the front side, you can see them behind the glass on the ground level, but you can walk around the building going up the ramp. From behind, you are on the tree level and there's no glass between you and the lovely koalas. There's some empty space next to the building where I hope to put Tasmanian devils one day too.

20210529200517_1.jpg

20210529194352_1.jpg

20210529193955_1.jpg

20210529194041_1.jpg

20210529194244_1.jpg

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
The Australian area of ZARPA has received its highlight: koalas are here! From the front side, you can see them behind the glass on the ground level, but you can walk around the building going up the ramp. From behind, you are on the tree level and there's no glass between you and the lovely koalas. There's some empty space next to the building where I hope to put Tasmanian devils one day too.

View attachment 235699
View attachment 235703

WOW!!! Those screenshots look superb! What a view!!!

Well, I haven't played much lately, but I now have a new and improved logo to use in my zoos, featuring my all-time favorite, the iconic thylacine
0001-2331169335_20210603_113736_0000.png

Simple, yet elegant, giving a sense of the zoo having been there for a century.

And having a generic "The Zoo", it can be used wherever I want in whatever zoo I build

Top Bottom