What do you think 4th “Aquatic DLC animal would be?

This only applies if the otter, seal, and penguin we saw are going to be part of one DLC. My question is, if this is the case, what you think is the fourth animal to be revealed? Or what would you personally want it to be? (Pretty sure it’s not the sun bear, haha)

I’d be surprised myself if we got four brand new rigs all in one DLC pack. So I think the fourth will be something like an alligator or caiman. I wouldn’t mind that at all, especially if it’s a caiman! Though if it was a brand new rig, I’d go for another pinniped, like the sea lion or walrus.

Really, REALLY hope for california sea lion. Yea it is another pinniped, but I was almost sure that they will choose a sea lion before seal because of their moving on ground. Guess I was wrong, but I somewhat feel sea lion is more iconic to zoos. Would be weird not getting them.

I mean, how can you NOT ADD a sea lion when their pups are like the cutest things ever.
5759980c3fc60.image.png

If you need more convincing Frontier, please take a look. If you are still not convinced, then I am affraid you do not have a heart.
web1_M-Sealion-EDH-170428.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

5370185_brookfield-seal-pup-3-img.jpg

Last edited:
But that's too much assuming! :D

I personally think that after one year they've listened to feedback and we'll get more than 4 animals per DLC. Or at least, if we only get 4, that none of those use a pre-made rig.

If we go for 4 new rigs, my choice would be the Californian sea lion too.

If one rig is re-used, I'd pick the Humboldt penguin.

I would be surprised if we didn’t get a sea lion.

Also, (zero expectations by the way but you never know) it’s possible that for something as significant as a pack like this, there could be more than four animals.

But that's too much assuming! :D

I personally think that after one year they've listened to feedback and we'll get more than 4 animals per DLC. Or at least, if we only get 4, that none of those use a pre-made rig.

If we go for 4 new rigs, my choice would be the Californian sea lion too.

If one rig is re-used, I'd pick the Humboldt penguin.
I second this. I believe that an aquatic pack will be bigger than 4 animals. I believe in them (and just hope they won't disapoint me again like with the anniversary, because well, I just hope they got their hands too busy back then).

I hope for the california sea lion as everybody. If we get more than 4 animals I'd keep my hopes up for not only getting the giant otter but also the asian small clawed otter. It is a highly requested animal after all.

I really hope they will include more than just 4 animals in the upcoming DLC.
But if in any case we would end up with only 4 species I would definitely choose Beaver as a 4th animal.
We are lacking rodents in the game and also beavers are just great zoo animals with a lot of amazing and unique behaviors.
I love to observe the lodges they make.
Just look at this guy isn’t he precious? 🤩
1606296608098.jpeg

If we would get more than just 4 I would go with:

1. Giant River Otter
2. Beaver
3. Capybara
4. California Sea Lion
5. Walrus
6. Grey seal
7. King Penguin
8. African Penguin
9. American Alligator
10. Asian giant softshell turtle

Plus deluxe bonus animal:
1. West Indian Manatee

and also the water birds pack with the representation from all main water birds families:
1. Great white pelican (Europe, Africa, Asia - Pelican)
2. Nene geese (Oceania - Goose)
3. Japanese crane (Asia - Crane)
4. Jabiru (SA - Stork)
5. Mute swan (Europe - Swans)
6. Great blue heron (NA - Egrets)
7. Roseate spoonbill (NA & SA - Spoonbills)
8. Scarlet ibis (SA - Ibis)
9. Mandarin duck (Asia - Duck)
10. Shoebill (Africa - Shoebills)

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with many of you, they can't make an aquatic pack without sea lions. It would be like releasing the base game without a lion. I'm also sure that if there's an aquatic pack, it would have more than 4 animals. It can be an animal only pack, without a new building theme and without any exhibit animal.

My choices:
  1. Grey seal
  2. Giant otter
  3. King penguin
  4. California sea lion
  5. Asian small clawded otter
  6. African or Humboldt penguin
  7. American beaver
  8. American alligator or walrus

Personally, I hope that the fourth aquatic animal is a freshwater species - there are already two marine animals (the seal and penguin) and freshwater creatures are equally interesting and worth including. My top pick for a new freshwater species would be a reptile; either an American alligator (if it uses a pre-existing rig) or a large turtle (if a new rig is created) - any of the following would be my picks for an aquatic turtle:
  • Alligator snapping turtle (North America; Vulnerable) - Probably one of the best-known giant river turtles; but may be odd having this species released before/instead of the alligator
  • Ganges softshell turtle (Asia; Vulnerable) - Could be mixed in with the gharial; is a very impressive predator and would be a good representative of threatened Asian turtles
  • Painted river turtle (Asia; Critically Endangered) - Another good representative of threatened Asian turtles; I think it is one of the most strikingly colourful turtle species

Personally, I hope that the fourth aquatic animal is a freshwater species - there are already two marine animals (the seal and penguin) and freshwater creatures are equally interesting and worth including. My top pick for a new freshwater species would be a reptile; either an American alligator (if it uses a pre-existing rig) or a large turtle (if a new rig is created) - any of the following would be my picks for an aquatic turtle:
  • Alligator snapping turtle (North America; Vulnerable) - Probably one of the best-known giant river turtles; but may be odd having this species released before/instead of the alligator
  • Ganges softshell turtle (Asia; Vulnerable) - Could be mixed in with the gharial; is a very impressive predator and would be a good representative of threatened Asian turtles
  • Painted river turtle (Asia; Critically Endangered) - Another good representative of threatened Asian turtles; I think it is one of the most strikingly colourful turtle species

Oh, how could I forget turtles! I agree, a freshwater turtle species would be fantastic.

Yeah, I agree with many of you, they can't make an aquatic pack without sea lions. It would be like releasing the base game without a lion. I'm also sure that if there's an aquatic pack, it would have more than 4 animals. It can be an animal only pack, without a new building theme and without any exhibit animal.

My choices:
  1. Grey seal
  2. Giant otter
  3. King penguin
  4. California sea lion
  5. Asian small clawded otter
  6. African or Humboldt penguin
  7. American beaver
  8. American alligator or walrus

You guys have a good point there, it's not guaranteed to be a 4/5 animal pack at all. 😁 Great choices too. Don't forget sea otters, that's also a likely possibility!

You guys have a good point there, it's not guaranteed to be a 4/5 animal pack at all. 😁 Great choices too. Don't forget sea otters, that's also a likely possibility!

And now lets have a moment of sielence for us poor germans zoo lovers that do not have one single sea otter in our zoos :( I mean, to be fair I like the river otter a lot more, but having none of the other cuties screams for a disadvantage compensation in game.

I would feel better, if Frontier adding with a Patch 2-3 Animals that living mainly in water with the Option that a closed suitable Barriere can be filled with Water. With a DLC they can add 6-8 Animals more. This allows Planet Zoo to further dissociate itself from Zoo Tycoon. Let's face it, Frontiers Zoo Tycoon was a very bad Zoo Tycoon and only had the name in common with the games of BlueFang.

Last edited:
Sea Lion maybe Walrus instead though. I want a Harp Seal too but that's mainly due to the insanely "shouldn't be allowed level" of cuteness of the Harp seal pups.

Having both eared and non eared pinniped would be good. After all their movements would be very different.
I’d like Steller Sea lions as some populations are struggling to rebound due to multiple theories.
I know a lot of people would rather California but I think helping with conservation credits may be the way to go.

As others have mentioned, we haven't seen anything between An and G. So, some possible animals would be:

• Asian short-clawed otter
  • Adelie penguin
  • Emporer penguin
  • South African Penguin (Also known as the Cape penguin.)
  • Chinstrap penguin
  • Erect-crested penguin
  • Fairy penguin
  • Fiordland penguin
  • Australian fur seal
  • Caspian seal
  • California sea lion
  • South African fur seal (Also known as Cape fur seals)
  • Bearded seal
  • Baikal seal
  • Brown fur seal

Of this list, I think the most likely would be another penguin species or the California sea lion. Penguins and the sea lion are far and away the most requested aquatics, whether it be on the forums, Reddit, YT/Twitch or Twitter. And I'm pretty sure this will be the first pack they've made with community feedback/input taken into account. I'm pretty positive that the Arctic/SA/AUS packs would've been planned out in advance.

I agree with several of you that another species of penguin or seal, or the sea lion, would work nicely.

Like this little guy:

rockhopper.jpg

I hope it's not a crocodile or alligator. Honestly, they just all look alike to me and we already have one in the game.

Attachments

• Penguin_Carousel_Image1_286510.jpg
    Penguin_Carousel_Image1_286510.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Top Bottom