What other games are we all playing?

I finally just ordered Red Dead Redemption 2 (price has come down considerably since launch). I have a question - once past all the opening stuff, is it possible to play the game relatively "unharassed"? My dad loves old trains, so I would love to take him on a train ride and a walk through an old wild-west town, but he would not enjoy watching me get into gunfights every two minutes. Now I understand if RNG has a train robbery once in every 10 train rides, for example, but if every time I get on the train I get shot at (assuming I'm not wanted and not causing any problems), then I'm not even going to bother showing my dad. He's a war vet with PTSD and has no interest at all in virtual "shootouts".
The multiplayer side is just Yeehaw GTA and not even worth a peek...single player story/sandbox mode is unparalelled with the closest experience being the Witcher 3. A true living breathing world with cowboys and horses.

Reinstalled Ghost Recon Wildlands with the view to do a couple of the new missions 'Oracle' and one other ( I think ) , gotta love a full squad of me n me ol' mates each fulfilling a specific role , ie Sniper, Support etc. I am gonna love playing GR Breakpoint this October.

Still think it'll be 2020 for a release...ties to the pen and paper game, Cyberpunk 2020 etc.
As long as it's January 2020 that's close enough for me!

Meanwhile, Rage 2 is freakishly good at the shooty shooty. I've been playing it with a grin plastered on my face and my eyes glazed with the glorious bullet hell that it unleashes.

Thread necrophilia (again) … but maybe not.
Anyway, I just read the first page of this very thread here and it totally made my day … lol

Edit: It continues on the 2nd page … tihihi

I recently tried Everspace, but there are just few too customizations to the flight controls, so flying is a chore rather than a joy. Too bad, as I think I would have liked the game if the flying part was fun. Thankfully I only paid $5.99 for it.

Not sure how people feel about dropping 60 bucks on a game, but if you like first person shooters then Rage 2 is amazing. Head over heels for it so far. I alternate between playing it and slowing it down with a session of Pillars of Eternity (which is also amazing).

For VR users: I had an absolute blast this weekend playing Stand Out - a PUBG-style FPS now on the Oculus store (I think it's been on SteamVR for a bit already).

Had some stand-out moments chatting to randomers, getting shot in the face and winning!

It looks like hell... think HL or BF1942, but it makes up for it by just being tense, funny, and ridiculous....

The multiplayer side is just Yeehaw GTA and not even worth a peek...single player story/sandbox mode is unparalelled with the closest experience being the Witcher 3. A true living breathing world with cowboys and horses.

Rdr2 online is now out of Beta.
And new Defensive Mode Is helping..a lot(not perfect But Much better-for now

Rdr2 online is now out of Beta.
And new Defensive Mode Is helping..a lot(not perfect But Much better-for now
I was hoping for invite only or private free roam server modes...like they had in the original. I'm not interested in the multiplayer as is.... It suits most folks who want the GTAV experience on horses...but it's not for me.

Last edited:
Playing the Rage 2 got rather boring quickly so I deleted all my Witcher 3 saves and started out from scratch again. Planning to play every bit of content with no hurry. I sound like a broken record but dang every little piece of this game has something special and unique to it. Feeling a bit sad that we probably wont get anything like that again.
Now, I`m more than aware that CD Project is working on Cyberpunk but hear me out - what made Witcher serie such a interesting experience in my eyes is the fact that it was develop by eastern European team that put plethora of Polish and Slavic "magic" in to it - from monsters, legends to clothes/armor. Even the beautify crafted huts in the villages with painted walls are somehow related to real ethnographic sites in my countryside.
Now with futuristic Cyberpunk settings I dont think they can possibly achieve such a unique feeling. My big hope for this game is very strong relation to feeling from old Bladerunner movie. I`m very curious of what they are cooking and how it will play out.
I expected Baba Yaga hut with chicken legs tho. But right on point - I find the mix of eastern European scary tales with medieval setting made for a refreshing take on the genre. And not loading it too phantastic - I mean keeping it still kinda believable.
That may have been that extra understanding of the setting ye. We'll see how good the understanding of futuristic world will be, is certainly not auto-success.

I expected Baba Yaga hut with chicken legs tho. But right on point - I find the mix of eastern European scary tales with medieval setting made for a refreshing take on the genre. And not loading it too phantastic - I mean keeping it still kinda believable.
That may have been that extra understanding of the setting ye. We'll see how good the understanding of futuristic world will be, is certainly not auto-success.
I beliveve it actually will be an auto-success from monetary perspective simply because everybody loves CDP.
But I also think that the game will not sit well with everybody. The cyberpunk niche is certainly much smaller than general medieval/fantasy crowd. Plus there is the 1st person vs. 3rd person thing, which is a bit of a downer, not gonna lie.
For me it doesn't matter though. Mostly I go after interesting characters and enticing stories and of those two things, Cyberpunk will have plenty, no doubt.

Top Bottom