What other games are we all playing?

What is this "Interstellar Rift" game that I am just now learning about? It looks kinda cool. Anyone here ever play it?
It's one of those games that are hard to recommend.
It's fun. But personally I didn't find it THAT appealing, long-term.

It's one of those "knock-off" games that rode the initial Elite/SC/SE wave of 2014/15.
It's literally a simplified mix of Space Engineers and Star Citizen. There's a lot of building (though much simpler and more arcade-y than SE) and a lot of flying (though much more simplistic than Elite or even SC.

I don't know if the game got improved or expanded since I've played it (I think some time around 2017) but if it did, it could be a nice experience for a while.
If you can get it for a couple bucks, you can try it. It's not BAD. It just never had a staying value for me personally.

What is this "Interstellar Rift" game that I am just now learning about? It looks kinda cool. Anyone here ever play it?

I got it many months ago as it seemed very promising, but I am yet to actually try it :D just like Interstellar Prime, which I see as even more promising than Interstellar Rift.

In total I currently have 24 early access games on my library, but the only ones I have actually installed so far to give them a try is Frontier Pilot Simulator and Infinity: battlescape .

I don't like to "spoil" the experience when the games are still in early stages.

I don't know if the game got improved or expanded since I've played it (I think some time around 2017) but if it did, it could be a nice experience for a while.

I got it many months ago as it seemed very promising, but I am yet to actually try it :D just like Interstellar Prime, which I see as even more promising than Interstellar Rift.

In total I currently have 24 early access games on my library, but the only ones I have actually installed so far to give them a try is Frontier Pilot Simulator and Infinity: battlescape .

I don't like to "spoil" the experience when the games are still in early stages.
IIRC, it recently left early access and now is a "finished" product. I love Space Engineers for the building and limited exploration, but after that it feels a bit empty - too much sandbox without other kids to play with (granted this is in single player). This Rift game, at first glance, seems to offer more gameplay, but if it's too arcade-like, I probably would pass.

I really wish Keen would steal the best elements of games like ED and EGS, as well as do more to make multiplayer easy and compelling. Anyway, I'll keep an eye (wishlist) on this Rift game and see if it goes on crazy sale during Black Friday.

Thanks for the insight into other space sim games. I visit this forum at least every other day to see what's new.

Interstellar Rift looks interesting for sure. Interstellar Prime looks good too.

I'm looking for a space sim where you have crew and a ship that you can live in (w/ your crew). I'm willing to trade having several ships you can't walk thru to a game where you have one (or 2 or 3) ships that have full interiors to roam around in. (ED or X4F vs Mass Effect Andromeda)

I've been looking at ME: Andromeda for months now but can't let myself pull the trigger and buy it ... yet. The game I'm playing most now is X4F and the ability to at least walk around your bridge (or cockpit) with crew meandering about, really adds to my game experience. I enjoy being able to stand next to my pilot and watch them fly around (and mess up) and be able to do other things on the map is awesome for me. Each game has its pros and cons so I'm willing to accept what I get and learn to adapt to the various game styles. nuff a that

GL HF Commanders

I've been looking at ME: Andromeda for months now but can't let myself pull the trigger and buy it ... yet.
You really should.
Just do yourself a favour and as a first thing going in - forget it's called Mass Effect. That is the only thing. The game is great, characters are nice, story is interesting, combat is absolutely brilliant. If you approach it as a standalone game, it's really a good fun. :)
Plus now that the EA and Valve buried the differences, you can get it on Steam for a couple of bucks, usually.

Not quite a couple of bucks, more like £25 for ME: A and £18 for the other two in the series.

However, probably a better option (if you're unsure) is to do the EA Play thing on Steam for £3.99 for a month. That includes ME: Andromeda and a bunch of other games.

I downloaded The Outer Worlds from gamepass ultimate to give it a try...finding it difficult not to go skipping through the interminable 'locked in' dialogue bits...there's a game in there somewhere :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed ME: A and I was sad it got dumped as I was looking forward to some DLC. Lots of the issues complained about where either fixed or I didn't notice them by the time I played it.

Heresy! :D

Even my 95th anniversary Harley Springer has 30" fishtails on it...

27N9Acv.jpg

Nice Harley! I rode HD's for 25 years but now I ride a 2018 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour.

ihXGXhp.jpg

Back on topic, lately I'm just playing tons of No Man's Sky.

7ksQcha.jpg

Playing pass the pigs and rummikub in Wiltshire in pubs on holiday with my wife and daughter.
Desperately hoping someone will point me towards a decent VR game (apart from ED obviously) for when I get back. Hope the new cricket one ends up being ok, theyve been hopeless hitherto.

I don't get it. What was the point of FDev uploading this today? What does the skimmer/espionage missions featured in the game play here have to do with anything Odyseey related? Besides the SRVs, are we going to be able to use RPGs and/or other Surface-to-Air WMD to take out skimmers and other smaller ships now?

It has nothing to do with Odyssey.

It's because today's the day that the 7 remaining E: D players who haven't bought Horizons get it for free.

It has nothing to do with Odyssey.

It's because today's the day that the 7 remaining E: D players who haven't bought Horizons get it for free.
I still had a small update for E-D yesterday on Steam...no idea what the update was for since I've had Horizons since release. Perhaps I should just fire it up again...try to remember all the keybinds and Voice attack commands and go play it and see :unsure:

Top Bottom