Engineers What is the absolute speed of an anaconda with engineered thrusters?

Don't know if anyone will know this, but I am curious as to how fast we can push our little friend to the limit.

I can already boost up to 300m/s with 7D thrusters and a grade 3 dirty tuning upgrade. What would a 7A with maximum grade 5 Dirty tuning do?!

I imagine it would be pretty hilarious being out ran in a anaconda... :D

Last edited:
Cheers mate!

just tested it out...I'd be getting almost 350m/s boost with 260m/s cruise speed. that is ridiculously fast for a ship of its size haha! :D

A higher speed doesn't really buy you much with this ship really. You are much better off going with a lower class thruster package and putting a Dirty Drive upgrade on it. The main advantage of this ship is its jump range.

Properly kitted out with upgraded D class modules and a 50%+ over spec 6A FSD, this ship can hit 63Ly in one jump. And close to 50 even with a full weapons load out.

You'll never get close to those ranges with 7s and 8s installed.

Last edited:
A higher speed doesn't really buy you much with this ship really. You are much better off going with a lower class thruster package and putting a Dirty Drive upgrade on it. The main advantage of this ship is its jump range.

Properly kitted out with upgraded D class modules and a 50%+ over spec 6A FSD, this ship can hit 63Ly in one jump. And close to 50 even with a full weapons load out.

You'll never get close to those ranges with 7s and 8s installed.

woah..yeah that's pretty damn far haha...I prefer to set up my ship as a multi-role as best as possible. reason being is that there has been only 3 times my shields have been negated. Conflict zone (got ganged by 2 condas,vultures, vipers and a python at the same time...), starport (accidently shot a pirate too early in the 'no fire zone') and Authorities as I accidently hit one and they all decided to kill me!!

In all scenarios, had I have been slower I would of been killed. my thrusters are perhaps the biggest key to survival for my ship the jump range penalty I can cope with. it still jumps 31Ly for the moment :D

Just to point out that the game, Inara, Coriolis, and EDShipyard only show you the notional 'best' results of RNGineering via their presets.

If you really want to know what a ship could do, you have to imagine god-roll secondaries on every relevant module. These take us off the published scales.

In other words, Drives with not only a massively better optimal multiplier but also massively better optimal mass than the 3rd party 'best' results will show you ... and those insane thrusters then coupled with every single other module on the ship being god-rolled to have far lower mass than any g5 preset will show.

Welcome to madness. But there are already players with fully god-rolled ships out there...

Conda_375.png

Nice pic! ^^

I'm willing to bet that Supermoose's Annie could approach 400 with +42% on the drives, an increase optimal mass secondary on the drives, and god-roll mass reductions on every other module.

It wouldn't be a combat build, of course, but an Anaconda-racing build, lol ...

Last edited:
I just got myself a 7A thruster pack the other day and put an average grade 3 Dirty drive on it...I can now get up to 320m/s! Very nice indeed for an average upgrade ;)

Top Bottom