What is the "compensation" for owners of advanced scanners?

sollisb

Banned
So you probably got a refund. There was no message involved.

Not saying there was.. but there was the last time, and there was no reason toe xpect any different this time. If you recall, we got msg's last time to tell us about credits being awarded to our commander.

I must check my journals

sollisb

Banned
I received enough credits from ADS refunds to buy and outfit both a Mamba and a Phantom and still had credits left. Both ships and the credits are still sitting where I bought them, as I departed immediately after for the edge of the galaxy. I return when I return.

Interesting... max number of ships in a fleet is 36? Multiplied by the cost of an ADS is greater than the cost of a mamba and phantom plus all modules?

Day Dream Believer

Interesting... max number of ships in a fleet is 36? Multiplied by the cost of an ADS is greater than the cost of a mamba and phantom plus all modules?

Day Dream Believer

There is a limit (I thought it was 35) of ships you can store in one station. If there is an upper limit of total ships I haven't found it. IIRC It used to be 250 or something back when bookmarkwinders were commonly used. I currently own 54 ships.

Day Dream Believer

IIRC max number of ships is way above 36. Isn't that the number of ships that you can store at a single station?

Day Dream Believer
People were compensated more than the standard purchase price of the Advanced Discovery Scanner.

Also, you can keep any number of modules in storage - they did not have to be attached to a ship to have received compensation.

Day Dream Believer

I own far more than 36 ships. I believe that is the max number of ships you can park at one station. I have ships spread across the galaxy, from Shinrarta to Maia, from Imperial space to the Alliance. And I had a number of ADS stashed in module storage too - sometimes I needed that slot for something else.

Great idea, Factabulous. I checked my logs AND cross-referenced using EDSM to make sure the gain was not from a mission. trade or cartography, etc. Looks like I gained ~1.5M credits, sound about right? Although 1.5M isn't chump-change for me, I wasn't that interested in the money. Was just curious if it upgraded the new gear in any way, and like I mentioned, was hoping for longer ranges on the probe launches.

Regarding the new Discovery/Exploration mechanics, the devs said: "... those players who have already purchased scanners above the basic level would receive compensation. "

So, exactly what is/was the compensation? And what about those players that had used engineers to maximize the upgrades? Is there anything for that, or any in game mechanic that is better for those upgrades? I thought more accurate probes would be a good idea, but doesn't seem to be the case as far as I can tell. Or maybe the distance at which you can launch the probes is further out for those with upgraded equipment?

Thanks for any insight on this issue.

A free slot in your ship. I'd pay 100 mil for that.

Nope, would be like coming home to find someone has removed that old CRT TV that took up half the room and replaced it with a LCD that has been professionally wall mounted :D

Ooh an analogy game, I like those :D

It's like someone took away your radio & replaced it with a telly. Sure the telly is great but the radio provided entertainment in a different way & you could simply have had both. Woohoo free telly, but why did you have to take the radio away?

Last edited:
Ooh an analogy game, I like those :D

It's like someone took away your radio & replaced it with a telly. Sure the telly is great but the radio provided entertainment in a different way & you could simply have had both. Woohoo free telly, but why did you have to take the radio away?

Ah but my TV is a Smart TV so I can listen to the radio via the internet on the TV :D

Ah but my TV is a Smart TV so I can listen to the radio via the internet on the TV :D

You were told it was but it only picks up pre-set stations, you can't manually tune it to the stations you liked. Why was the old radio taken away Mooka?

You were told it was but it only picks up pre-set stations, you can't manually tune it to the stations you liked. Why was the old radio taken away Mooka?

Nope, I can TUNE my radio to whatever FREQUENCY I want. Sure when I am tuning the radio I can't watch TV but once tuned I get all the station :D

As for my old radio, didn't work, as soon as I turned it on it broadcast all the stations at once, unfortunately without any station identifiers. And since the old relic didn't have remote control I had to get up and walk to the radio each time to try to find out which station was being broadcast. To make matters worse, I had to manually carry the radio to different parts of the house to find the different channels. Yep the old radio was a relic and I am happy it was deemed obsolete. Damn nice of the company though to upgrade my entire entertainment system and give me a refund based on the original cost of the old PITA TV, and give me the new one at no charge :D

Last edited:
Nope, I can TUNE my radio to whatever FREQUENCY I want. Sure when I am tuning the radio I can't watch TV but once tuned I get all the station :D

As for my old radio, didn't work, as soon as I turned it on it broadcast all the stations at once, unfortunately without any station identifiers. And since the old relic didn't have remote control I had to get up and walk to the radio each time to try to find out which station was being broadcast. To make matters worse, I had to manually carry the radio to different parts of the house to find the different channels. Yep the old radio was a relic and I am happy it was deemed obsolete. Damn nice of the company though to upgrade my entire entertainment system and give me a refund based on the original cost of the old PITA TV, and give me the new one at no charge :D

You understand this is an analogy & not a choose your own adventure story, right? Your radio didn't do what you wanted it to, you are happy with the replacement. My radio did do something I liked that the telly doesn't do.

When we were told about getting a telly to replace our radio it was said the new telly would be too big to be able to fit both it and the radio, so the radio had to go to make room. But when the telly arrived it turned out to be a wall mountable LCD & so there actually was room for both; the radio doesn't need to go after all.

Why was the old radio removed Mooka?

That you were happy to see the back of your radio is fine, but that's not a reason to remove mine. Just fit the new telly & if the householder wants to keep that old piece of junk just let them, it's not like it matters to anyone else.

You understand this is an analogy & not a choose your own adventure story, right? Your radio didn't do what you wanted it to, you are happy with the replacement. My radio did do something I liked that the telly doesn't do.

When we were told about getting a telly to replace our radio it was said the new telly would be too big to be able to fit both it and the radio, so the radio had to go to make room. But when the telly arrived it turned out to be a wall mountable LCD & so there actually was room for both; the radio doesn't need to go after all.

Why was the old radio removed Mooka?

That you were happy to see the back of your radio is fine, but that's not a reason to remove mine. Just fit the new telly & if the householder wants to keep that old piece of junk just let them, it's not like it matters to anyone else.

Well it's like this Riverside, the Government (in this case FD) made the decision to remove all the old radios because the old radios didn't fit into the Government's new communication policy. They haven't denied anyone the ability to listen to the radio, because everyone, even those who didn't own a radio before, can now listen to the radio through the new smart TV. Yes there will be some who miss the old radio, because that is all they have known and new technology scares them. Others resent the Government making a decision without personally asking them. Yet others haven't even turned on the new TV to see if they can use the radio but will proclaim to all via Letters to the Editor that the new TV/Radio combination is terrible. But the thing some are forgetting is the new TV does more than just also play the radio, it can tell you were other things are in the neighbourhood, something the old radio could never do.

Finally there are some who are demanding to own both the old radio and the new TV, but the Government has decreed that isn't possible under their communications policy.

Last edited:

Well it's like this Riverside, the Government (in this case FD) made the decision to remove all the old radios because the old radios didn't fit into the Government's new communication policy. They haven't denied anyone the ability to listen to the radio, because everyone, even those who didn't own a radio before, can now listen to the radio through the new smart TV. Yes there will be some who miss the old radio, because that is all they have known and new technology scares them. Others resent the Government making a decision without personally asking them. Yet others haven't even turned on the new TV to see if they can use the radio but will proclaim to all via Letters to the Editor that the new TV/Radio combination is terrible. But the thing some are forgetting is the new TV does more than just also play the radio, it can tell you were other things are in the neighbourhood, something the old radio could never do.

Finally there are some who are demanding to own both the old radio and the new TV, but the Government has decreed that isn't possible under their communications policy.

The government sucks. I'm voting for someone else next time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom