What other games are we all playing?

I was looking at the site a few hours ago. Site is still up, forum is still a going concern, LT is mostly -but not completely- dead. Josh is apparently still doing stuff with it in his spare time (he's a dev for somebody else now, it seems.) Long shot, very long, but likely no worse than SC.

Ah, Limit Theory..
Over £170,000 (around $190,000) collected and then he got a headache..

Still.. plenty of money for tablets.

Play Evochron instead, far better and less stress i.e. 'where's my money gone'....

Last edited:
I was looking at the site a few hours ago. Site is still up, forum is still a going concern, LT is mostly -but not completely- dead. Josh is apparently still doing stuff with it in his spare time (he's a dev for somebody else now, it seems.) Long shot, very long, but likely no worse than SC.
That forum is downright creepy. The Josh petting that went on there, and still continues (astonishingly), made it feel more like a cult than a community. $200,000 in backer funds must have made a nice nest egg for Josh in his new career lolol.

Last edited:
That forum is downright creepy. The Josh petting that went on there, and still continues (astonishingly), made it feel more like a cult than a community. $200,000 in backer funds must have made a nice nest egg for Josh in his new career lolol.

I just had to double check if I am in the correct thread /wink

Doubt the nest egg. Too much of a geek to have an eye on the main chance, and made the mistake of treating the venture as a hobby. Coupled with a low stress threshold, no wonder it went south. Sad. Oh, and too much HFCS and wishful thinking on the forums.

Last edited:
So, do you like Star Citizen now that you have it?
The learning curve involved in utilizing a keyboard and mouse is to much for me. Thus the game is pretty much on hold until I get my new Warthog stick and throttle. Then it's how the heck do I make sense of all the possible configurations. But it is something to do not so much if but when ED is messed up to play.

I'll still be purchasing the new version or update or what ever it's referred to as next year. And I'm certainly looking forward to purchasing a carrier. I've shelved NMS permanently. So, having something else besides ED is working well.

Battletech, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Mechwarrior 4.
Except for Metro Exodus haven't really seen any games that peak my interest.
Waiting patiently for MW 5, System Shock 3 and Dragon Age "The Dread Wolf"

Battletech, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Mechwarrior 4.
Except for Metro Exodus haven't really seen any games that peak my interest.
Waiting patiently for MW 5, System Shock 3 and Dragon Age "The Dread Wolf"

How is the story in SOTR? I enjoyed the first two, but I'm a little more hesitant with the 3rd based on reviews.

How is the story in SOTR? I enjoyed the first two, but I'm a little more hesitant with the 3rd based on reviews.
If you liked the first two, you will enjoy the third one. People just can't deal with the "supernatural" story elements of the TR. No idea why. I guess they expect an archaeologic simulator...
The story isn't stellar, of course, but it's not worse than the previous two games (or the old TRs when you think about it)
Personally I think the SOTR is the best of the three when comes to gameplay and the world itself. There's much more "adventuring", more puzzles and more ways to go about the game as a whole. It feels more open-world-ey.

If you liked the first two, you will enjoy the third one. People just can't deal with the "supernatural" story elements of the TR. No idea why. I guess they expect an archaeologic simulator...
It's funny because I didn't like first two which are basically Uncharted clones with optional tombs (excusemewhat?) and it sounds like I will enjoy the third one more 😂 Still stuck somewhere in RotTR, it's high time to reboot that. I still miss old Tomb Raider with scenic views, climbing and fantasy elements, and the reboot was for me a 3rd person shooter so far. Not bad mind you; just not enough Tomb Raider-y if you get my drift.

It's funny because I didn't like first two which are basically Uncharted clones with optional tombs (excusemewhat?) and it sounds like I will enjoy the third one more 😂 Still stuck somewhere in RotTR, it's high time to reboot that. I still miss old Tomb Raider with scenic views, climbing and fantasy elements, and the reboot was for me a 3rd person shooter so far. Not bad mind you; just not enough Tomb Raider-y if you get my drift.
I know exactly what you mean. The reboots are different. The platforming and puzzles are similar to the old system (and there is more of it in Shadow than there was in previous two, btw.) but there is a lot of "modern" stuff to cater to today's people.
Personally I don't really mind. Also, Shadow is more stealth-friendly, I'd say. There are very few instances of the game downright forcing combat onto you, unlike the previous games, so that's nice.
I would still recommend the Shadow. If you liked the reboots at least a little bit and only had issues with some parts, there is a good chance the third one will be enjoyable for you.
So if you feel like it, forget RotTR and dive into Shadow. It's not like you need to finish the previous games to enjoy the new one, anyway.

So if you feel like it, forget RotTR and dive into Shadow. It's not like you need to finish the previous games to enjoy the new one, anyway.
Can't, man. Steam backlog OCD dictates to finish in sequence, so I can put it into "finished" category, which is woefully small considering library size 😂 Same reason I am kinda stuck with Witcher 2 before moving to W3 (although I had a small excuse of waiting for the right hardware to not be blasphemous playing it on console-level graphics :)). Also my wife likes to spectate me playing TR (she's a veteran of old TRs too) and the Witcher.

Can't, man. Steam backlog OCD dictates to finish in sequence, so I can put it into "finished" category, which is woefully small considering library size 😂 Same reason I am kinda stuck with Witcher 2 before moving to W3 (although I had a small excuse of waiting for the right hardware to not be blasphemous playing it on console-level graphics :)). Also my wife likes to spectate me playing TR (she's a veteran of old TRs too) and the Witcher.
My brother used to play TR and the Witcher with his wife as well. She did the questing and adventuring, he did the combat. They had a lot of fun, playing like that. But yeah, you definitely won't break any records, playing like that. :D

Also my wife likes to spectate me playing TR (she's a veteran of old TRs too)
Same here! We're both big Lara Croft fans. Though I must admit I was a bit put off by the "whiny" version of LC that I experienced in the SOTR demo, but maybe she gets past that early on.

Same here! We're both big Lara Croft fans. Though I must admit I was a bit put off by the "whiny" version of LC that I experienced in the SOTR demo, but maybe she gets past that early on.
It's a part of the story line, methinks.
Fist TR was about her becoming a badass. Second game was about her being a badass. Third game is about her badassery becoming an insensitivity and danger to her surroundings with which she has to cope. It's kind of a "becoming the very thing you've sworn to destroy" trope.
Personally I like it.

I just want a Lara game where it's much much much less about shooting/sneaking/survival (if I wanted survival I'd go play Rust) and more about adventuring, puzzles and interesting stories. I love shooter games, but not Lara as a Doom Slayer. If they absolutely have to go this route, Uncharted 1 and 2 are nice examples to follow, they featured a proper mix of shooting and adventuring. Or maybe I just was okay with it because it wasn't Lara. IDK.

My brother used to play TR and the Witcher with his wife as well. She did the questing and adventuring, he did the combat.
That's actually a splendid idea, I need to try that. This way she can identify more with the character :) Thanks!

That's actually a splendid idea, I need to try that. This way she can identify more with the character :) Thanks!

It was a necessity as she's terrible at combat. :LOL:
Some time I would be visiting, we'd sit over a glass of something and suddenly there's be this half-cry half-shriek "Geooooorge! Come here and kill this guyyyy!"
Ah. Good times. :)

We Happy Few, A Plague Tale, Plane Mechanic Simulator and Borderlands the Pre-sequel are the current ones.
How far is the development if the Plane Mechanic sim, now?
I played it for a bit last winter and it was fun (I love CMS2018) but there wasn't much stuff.

Top Bottom