What other games are we all playing?

I agree wholeheartedly with your dad...I always said my grandfather should have had a large sign above the farm gates declaring 'Arbeit macht frei'...I also found it very strange that school holidays always coincided with a busy time in the farming season...when the townie kids were off with their families to the Butlitz holiday camps or suchlike before foreign hols became the norm, all us farming kids were toiling in the fields :oops:

I managed to escape farming for the 23 years I spent in the army...but the fates caught me up and I returned like a moth to a flame....just punishment for spending my young life trying to escape it I suppose :confused:

I tend to virtually slap people who ask if I play FS though.... here's my version of farming simulator 2019.

KFDyMrI.jpg

I even let my youngest daughter play too ;)

FbekjxB.jpg
You just made my day. Much respect to you and your family! My daughter is no weak little wallflower, either:)

You just made my day. Much respect to you and your family! My daughter is no weak little wallflower, either:)
Strangely, she's never been in the slightest bit interested in the usual trends like gaming or social media of any kind. She learned to drive a tractor towing a plough at 8 years of age sitting on my knee, she's spent the last 3 years at agricultural college too...her choice...every inch a farmer's daughter that one...a farmer's wife too eventually since her long term boyfriend is a farmer as well. She'll be helping run his families' farm on the mainland which will be passed to him as the eldest son when they're eventually married... which is a common farming family tradition.

Last edited:
Strangely, she's never been in the slightest bit interested in the usual trends like gaming or social media of any kind. She learned to drive a tractor towing a plough at 8 years of age sitting on my knee, she's spent the last 3 years at agricultural college too...her choice...every inch a farmer's daughter that one...a farmer's wife too eventually since her long term boyfriend is a farmer as well. She'll be helping run his families farm on the mainland which will be passed to him as the eldest son when they're eventually married... which is a common farming family tradition.
Good job, Dad. Gives me hope for the world:)

I always thought it would be really awesome to have a cross multiplayer between FS and ETS/ATS. With real economy and everything. Maybe one day Microsoft is going to do something like that now that they have the whole planet modeled. :D
Someone already did suggest this very thing...

ETS2.JPG

ETS21.JPG

....and it did not end well both in the poll responses or ETS2 fan boy feed back :LOL:

ETS20.JPG

R1.JPG

R2.JPG
Would've been great if these two franchises could've been collaborated on though

Someone already did suggest this very thing...

View attachment 159257
View attachment 159258

....and it did not end well both in the poll responses or ETS2 fan boy feed back :LOL:

View attachment 159259

View attachment 159261
View attachment 159262
Would've been great if these two franchises could've been collaborated on though
The SCS forum is pretty underwhelming imo. Practically dead, too, and almost impossible to get a conversation going on. After getting into the games I tried visiting a bit, but it's mostly full of tribalistic neck-beards such as the couple you quoted who will put down Giant's physics while laughably praising SCS's own.

I agree wholeheartedly with your dad...I always said my grandfather should have had a large sign above the farm gates declaring 'Arbeit macht frei'...I also found it very strange that school holidays always coincided with a busy time in the farming season...when the townie kids were off with their families to the Butlitz holiday camps or suchlike before foreign hols became the norm, all us farming kids were toiling in the fields :oops:

I managed to escape farming for the 23 years I spent in the army...but the fates caught me up and I returned like a moth to a flame....just punishment for spending my young life trying to escape it I suppose :confused:

I tend to virtually slap people who ask if I play FS though.... here's my version of farming simulator 2019.

KFDyMrI.jpg

I even let my youngest daughter play too ;)

FbekjxB.jpg

Good stuff!

The closest I got to agriculture is when me and my friend picked cherries for a few months in New Zealand some 12 years ago. We were sleeping in a tent or in our old Camry Estate... made me appreciate having a bad to this day! :)
Where my father lives, in the countryside, one of his friends runs a wineyard the old fashioned way - he is 65-70, but his stamina and raw power is way beyond my puny office body (especially as I quit exercising after the kids were born). I do feel somewhat envious that he lives so close to nature...

WOW! :oops:

Heads up SE space rats. The ingenuity of the SE modding community revolutionizes the game with immersive and emergent content yet again. This time by talented modder Jakaria who just recently updated his weather mod for SE. From thunderstorms and blizzards on atmospheric earth planets to native dust storms on Mars. The mod also features transitioning weather types as well!

Best environment weather mod feature I've seen in any game to date: planetary weather patterns are now visible from space!! o_Oo_Oo_O

Steam Workshop: (please rate and subscribe to give this mod the community awareness it deserves)

Definitely going to affect any SAR and exploration missions I'll be doing in the future. And much much more other activities. Just trying to fly through a blizzard with valuable mission cargo is going to be a fun challenge.

Really. Can't believe it took me so long to find this gem on the Steam Workshop :oops:

Damn. There goes my playtime slot for doing RDR2 and a bit of Skyrim today. :mad:

WOW! :oops:

Heads up SE space rats. The ingenuity of the SE modding community revolutionizes the game with immersive and emergent content yet again. This time by talented modder Jakaria who just recently updated his weather mod for SE. From thunderstorms and blizzards on atmospheric earth planets to native dust storms on Mars. The mod also features transitioning weather types as well!
Sounds amazing! How does it affect framerate?

Oh dear God. :cautious:

You know when you walk into a store to get that one thing? :rolleyes:

0.JPG

Then suddenly find yourself spamming your shopping cart with a glut of other things :love:

1.JPG
2.JPG

.......that aren't that one thing but could be related to that one thing.....

3.JPG

.......yet increasingly have absolutely nothing related to that one thing you're supposed to be getting in the first place? :ROFLMAO:

4.JPG

5.JPG

And no. This is NOT the paradigm of poor consumer impulse control. Shortly after stumbling across that weather mod, my id used its ninja stealth skills to escape its dopamine shield reinforced dungeon. Ninja'd and hogtied my napping ego. Then stampeded the bridge of my consciousness and sucker punched ambush TKO'd my superego with its demonic power fist: :geek:

• Item: Demonic forged satanic power fist
  • Item lvl: 100
  • Bound during the conception of the id
  • Unique god mode weapon
  • 1H Melee
  • Speed: incomprehensible
  • +1,000 Damage (@ 1E+06 DPS)
  • Strength: Infinite
  • Intelligence: 0
  • Psuedo Intellect: 100
  • Integrity: - infinity
  • Equip: 100% chance to induce indefinite coma status on sneak attacks applied to superego
  • Durability: infinity / 0

"The energy of this supernatural weapon makes the base aspect of the human psyche feel like the omnipotent and omniscient psychopath persona it truly is"

Sell Price: infinity + 1 gold pieces

So much for catching up on my Steam library today. Damn it.

With the ego incapacitated and superego still vacationing in blissful nirvana, the id is now on a homicidal quest for self determination. Giddily discovering the neuro-muscular connection of its megalomaniac human magpie nature to a trigger happy mouse finger. The Steam Workshop is being digitally violated as of the last character in this post....

Sounds amazing! How does it affect framerate?
Haven't tried it yet. Still downloading sh*t......... :ROFLMAO:

edit: there's this reddit thread for it created several hours ago. Hugely positive feedback so far. I'm really surprised Keen devs didn't think to add this as a base feature to the game. Fingers crossed it might be on their drawing board for a later release this year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/eq6ws9
ps: Nice to see SE player engagement is over a record 14K on Steam top 100 today! Never seen the play base level so high. Great to see SE is gaining traction among space junkies :love:

Anyhow, one more final, holy crap mod. This one is a motherlode and fills the stop gap on the dev NPC list by adding a TON of interactive NPC content (traders, pirates, military/law enforcement etc). These NPCs can be friendly/hostile depending on your interaction with them. You can also set custom faction flags. This mod is an absolute must if you're playing lone wolf survivor mode. The mod is exploration based (and limited to space for now with planetary encounters in the works). Because of this, its encounter based scripting is triggered by generating asteroids which means you need to move around i.e asteroid to asteroid.

Last edited:
^^
Is the game play more of realistic graphics/novelty of driving a train in 1st POV experience? Or more like the front end of a hard core business sim?

After avoiding the Trucking Sim franchise for many years I finally broke down and gave it a try and became totally infatuated with it. Now I've given it a break to give the Farming Sim franchise a try and am currently playing Farming Sim 19...and I'm actually forced to admit that as far as these sorts of games go, it's even better than the trucking sims. Which is really saying something because I think American/Euro Truck Simulator both deserve an 11/10 review score. It taps a similar vein, but gives you so so much more to do and interact with. It's not going to be for everyone, but for any of you who enjoy this sort of thing I definitely recommend it; it's nothing short of amazing.

Haven't tried it yet. Still downloading sh*t......... :ROFLMAO:

edit: there's this reddit thread for it created several hours ago. Hugely positive feedback so far. I'm really surprised Keen devs didn't think to add this as a base feature to the game. Fingers crossed it might be on their drawing board for a later release this year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/eq6ws9
ps: Nice to see SE player engagement is over a record 14K on Steam top 100 today! Never seen the play base level so high. Great to see SE is gaining traction among space junkies :love:

Anyhow, one more final, holy crap mod. This one is a motherlode and fills the stop gap on the dev NPC list by adding a TON of interactive NPC content (traders, pirates, military/law enforcement etc). These NPCs can be friendly/hostile depending on your interaction with them. You can also set custom faction flags. This mod is an absolute must if you're playing lone wolf survivor mode. The mod is exploration based (and limited to space for now with planetary encounters in the works). Because of this, its encounter based scripting is triggered by generating asteroids which means you need to move around i.e asteroid to asteroid.

Frontier's DLC had better be really, really, good...

Top Bottom