What other games are we all playing?

Son's just launched it.
Phonomenal game...loving it so far. Running it on ultra settings.

uFspwd3.jpg

MO9KA9j.png

dwn5cwT.jpg

One of my favorite parts of the game is setting traps, of which you will unlock a ton of as the game progresses:D
Yup, I really am enjoying it immensely...Great story, really polished gameplay and visuals...to think that Sony had this hidden away these last 2 or 3 years too. Let's hope they show the same willingness to share with Ghost of Tsushima...we can but live in hope. :)

Hooked up my Steam Link that's been sitting in the box for two years finally and got some Deep Rock Galactic going on the Xbox One controller. Good game that has been fairly fleshed out since I last played when it came to Steam early access.

If you're craving TF2 / Left 4 Dead team focused co-op infused with booze, dwarves, mining and firepower this is your game.

Finally lost self control today. :p Broke my oath I'd wait to play Mafia in chronological order for the Definitive edition. Problem was Mafia 1 Definitive Edition isn't due until Sept 25th. So......

Nope. Uh uh.

No go. D/L the free complimentary Mafia 2 Definitive Edition copy in my Steam library earlier. Will be playing this until Mafia 1 & CP 2077 come out this fall :ROFLMAO:

Here's an excellent, comprehensive FAQ on the Mafia Definitive Edition trilogy, Classic edition, and individual definitive edition titles for those who may have questions about this amazing franchise:

VIP NOTE: If you own Mafia 2, Mafia 3, or both titles, know you can get bonus FREE DLC content by logging into these games on the 2K forum. Simply register if you don't already have a 2K account:

1596906667459.png

AND there is also a prior ownership bonus as well!

1596906465505.png

So humongous THANK YOU to 2K for NOT pulling the exclusivity bumnuggetry that is the Epic Store. And to Steam for NOT shafting us players who already own the Classic titles, forcing us to rebuy all 2 existing games just to get the Mafia 1 Definitive edition:D

If only R* would get off their overpaid, complacent, billionaire entitled @$$es. See the value in remastering RDR 1 AND GTA San Andreas. I've still got my fingers crossed that 2K can put R* to shame with the monetary success they've made off the Mafia Definitive editions.

If only R* would get off their overpaid, complacent, billionaire entitled @$$es. See the value in remastering RDR 1 AND GTA San Andreas. I've still got my fingers crossed that 2K can put R* to shame with the monetary success they've made off the Mafia Definitive editions.

You know, I was thinking about this as I was playing RDR1 on PSNow last night.

1) They don't need to do this as people will still play the originals. The originals are still good and not everything needs to be "remastered".
2) Most of the studio will be working on their next blockbuster, and developers & artists always want to work on the new thing.

Also 3) They might be billionaires (don't think so, but OK), but they earned that by releasing groundbreaking games. So I'm good with that. Okay, it might take them five or six years per game - but attention to detail is what sets R* games apart from other studios - and that takes time. Time that is better spent doing that than revisiting old titles just to make a 'quick' buck.

Finally lost self control today. :p Broke my oath I'd wait to play Mafia in chronological order for the Definitive edition. Problem was Mafia 1 Definitive Edition isn't due until Sept 25th. So......

Nope. Uh uh.

No go. D/L the free complimentary Mafia 2 Definitive Edition copy in my Steam library earlier. Will be playing this until Mafia 1 & CP 2077 come out this fall :ROFLMAO:

Here's an excellent, comprehensive FAQ on the Mafia Definitive Edition trilogy, Classic edition, and individual definitive edition titles for those who may have questions about this amazing franchise:

VIP NOTE: If you own Mafia 2, Mafia 3, or both titles, know you can get bonus FREE DLC content by logging into these games on the 2K forum. Simply register if you don't already have a 2K account:

View attachment 183304

AND there is also a prior ownership bonus as well!

View attachment 183303

So humongous THANK YOU to 2K for NOT pulling the exclusivity bumnuggetry that is the Epic Store. And to Steam for NOT shafting us players who already own the Classic titles, forcing us to rebuy all 2 existing games just to get the Mafia 1 Definitive edition:D

I had to buy the trilogy again since I owned them previously on the Xbox...still in my Xbox games library too. Saying that, £50 for the definitive edition trilogy was a steal...for me at any rate. Can't wait to complete the set when Mafia definitive is released. The bonus was that I got the original vanilla versions of Mafia and Mafia 2...plus all the DLC in the definitive edition of Mafia 2 in the package too.

The remastering was done by hangar 13 btw...not 2k games. They only had help from some of the original devs from the original 2K teams for each definitive edition, Mafia 1 especially.

Last edited:

1) They don't need to do this as people will still play the originals. The originals are still good and not everything needs to be "remastered".
2) Most of the studio will be working on their next blockbuster, and developers & artists always want to work on the new thing.

Also 3) They might be billionaires (don't think so, but OK), but they earned that by releasing groundbreaking games. So I'm good with that. Okay, it might take them five or six years per game - but attention to detail is what sets R* games apart from other studios - and that takes time. Time that is better spent doing that than revisiting old titles just to make a 'quick' buck.
After I completed RDR2 on the Xbox, I followed it up by another runthrough of the original to feel like I completed the story...it still holds up graphically after 10 years.

The horses are called Striders. Just wait 'till you see the T-rex!

In all seriousnes, HZD is one of the best games I've every played. Graphics are incredible.
I'm growing more impressed by the story telling as the game goes on...and just what they've done with it. The story is compelling, well told and envisioned with gameplay throughout to match it all. Can't ask for more than that for a $40 quid port over from a PS3 game...they done good :)

Loving that you can 'tame' the robotic animals once you open up a few of the cauldrons where they are made...makes it a tad easier getting around when you have a tame strider..

sF4lUVM.png

Last edited:
I'm growing more impressed by the story telling as the game goes on...and just what they've done with it. The story is compelling, well told and envisioned with gameplay throughout to match it all. Can't ask for more than that for a $40 quid port over from a PS3 game...they done good :)

Loving that you can 'tame' the robotic animals once you open up a few of the cauldrons where they are made...makes it a tad easier getting around when you have a tame strider..

Not played the PC version yet, but it was one of the first games I got on my PS4. Found it in a bargain bin.

When I got fed up with using discs and decided to go download exclusive, HZD was one of the games it was important to replace. Can't rate it any higher really.

I bought Forza Horizon 3 on massive sale with some extra cars so Microsoft Flight Sim, ED, DCS and whatever is out there will have to wait for at least a month!

Yeah. While this is true, the fan base will ALWAYS play a remastered version if said verison is available. And any overhaul of the originals as well. Great example is the Open IV mod several years back. It still #$@%&! es me off Tw@t Two censored the GTA modding community from developing/adding Liberty City to GTAO using Open IV.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hZLmxOQDE

R* and Tw@t Two really missed out BIG on this bit of censorship IMO. They completely #EpicFailed to see the one major insight Bethesda has to date. By prohibiting the modding community to save them millions in promotion/advertisement of the GTA franchise and brand for FREE. Regardless,

The former feared said mod would open the Pandora's Box on illegal hacking of the online game. Which ironically, ended up being the inevitable result to date. :LOL:

The latter feared a complex, professional designed mod of such scale, would detract from the online game. By driving players to return to playing single player. And by doing so, the they'd loose millions of serfs grinding and earning them millions monthly on their laggy servers playing the game (and all its malignant micro transactions). Above all, TT feared such a mod would compete and overshadow their Scrooge McDuck sized vault at Gringotts. And as a result, TT nearly lost their E. Coli couple years back when the modding community made (the critical) mistake of announcing this mod.

And IMO, the modding community should've developed this in secret and then made said announcement. That way they could've claimed Mea Culpa. And washed their hands once this free mod sized DLC got teleported over to Black Mar----

Well now. As I was. This is one of those times I forget we're a civil society on this forum. And do not discuss such dank matters befitting the dregs of digital humanity. :LOL:

Not played the PC version yet, but it was one of the first games I got on my PS4. Found it in a bargain bin.

When I got fed up with using discs and decided to go download exclusive, HZD was one of the games it was important to replace. Can't rate it any higher really.
I love the fact it comes with all the DLC too...the frozen wastes is pretty good. Found it accidentally just ticking off the unlit campfires around where I was.

Lately I've been busy doing low-altitude flying in Assetto Corsa.

kV5wDyf.jpg

Gorgeous shot. It reminded me that I got a copy of Project Cars 2 in some bundle, so I went ahead to give it a spin. Went the extra mile and set up the Steam controller to use gyro controls as a makeshift wheel, and it's brilliant even though I'm . I can sort of race my way with the Clio, but stuff like Lamborghinis are still way beyond me! :D

Top Bottom