What other games are we all playing?

It was a heart-pounding moment. The weather had turned gray and wet and I had a long way to go before I could take a long-overdue rest. As I crossed a rain-sodden field, I noticed a person in the distance, standing to the right of a long-abandoned tractor. Damn. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do this. Poor guy, just standing there minding his own business. Worse, his back was turned to me. He would never see it coming.

Well, there was nothing for it. I had a job to do if I was going to be able to leave this place.

I cleared my throat and shouted, "Excuse me! I would like to talk to you about your car's warranty!"

That was when things became violent. They always do at that point. The fella went ballistic, so I had to defend myself.

Lvwwn9G.png

I won that sales pitch, but would I win the next?

Later on, I saw some guy toolin' around with his pickup truck. Perfect, I thought! Surely, this guy would be interested! Again, I called out, "Sir! I would like to talk to you...." I never got a chance to finish the sentence as, before I knew it, the driver tried to run me over! For trying to help him with his warranty! Why do people always react like this?! I admit I got angry and lost my cool, and fired a few rounds as he sped away....

xo3A90a.png

My anger made me accurate. Even though the truck had raced away and was now quite the distance from me, a brief shower of sparks followed by a puff of misted blood indicated I penetrated the cab and hit the driver:

eUyPstn.png

He was lucky. If I had shifted my aim a bit to the right, instead of hitting the rear window frame, I would have hit the rear window itself and probably killed the guy.

I continue to enjoy this PUBG. Who knew selling extended car warranties could be so fun?

(I justify the violence by telling myself stories :LOL:)

🤡

Last edited:
It's nuts. I have about 80 games wishlisted, and around 90% of them are on sale.

Damn you, Steam. :mad::ROFLMAO:
And I have too many games (relatively speaking) that I bought on sale that I haven’t played yet. I’m very tempted to pick up X4, but I’m content to wait for at least 50% off before I add it to my backlog of games. I’m having a hard time resisting the siren call of KSP as it is, and I already own that game!

“Come back! You still haven’t sent Kerbals past Jool yet! Or landed Kerbals on Eve!” :D

And I have too many games (relatively speaking) that I bought on sale that I haven’t played yet. I’m very tempted to pick up X4, but I’m content to wait for at least 50% off before I add it to my backlog of games. I’m having a hard time resisting the siren call of KSP as it is, and I already own that game!

“Come back! You still haven’t sent Kerbals past Jool yet! Or landed Kerbals on Eve!” :D
:oops:
I think I sent to every major planet at least once. I did a ridiculous mission to Jools with multiple landers and a mothership and scheduled return to Kerbin. It was long. It had multiple multistages. It was glorious. And it still wasn't enough to unlock all the tech, lol.

Yup. I looked the other day, and my Steam library has 603 games in it. Most of those I have never played - just picked up either in a sale or in a Humble bundle (I had to stop that eventually, because it was just getting too much).

Most of the games I've wishlisted are small indie things, which cost £10-15 normally, so being reduced to £5 or so means I could buy a few. I did last night... but I could honestly bankrupt myself if I went too far with it. So now I have to make a decision about what to buy - or just refuse to decide & not buy anything & play some of those 603 games (500 or so are unplayed) instead! :ROFLMAO:

X4 is a time sink. It's a wonderful game if you like that sort of thing (I do), but best saved for a winter's day / night when you have nothing else planned, because once it sucks you in, it doesn't let go easily.

I think I'm gonn run Baritrauma since is Halloween and we git fresh update. Probably go vanilla - a quick glance yesterday had the diving suit bug out visually.
And if it has too mamy bugs I can continue Riftbreaker or Kerillian PT in Bannerlord.

Wait for Christmas and especially Black Friday. That's typically when the steepest discounts on games at at a max. Last year, Steam slashed 50% off ALL of The Sims 4 DLCs including the base game. That literally dropped the price tag to an affordable $800USD or so for the entire collection. Was flirting with buying the entire franchise in one go. But then sanity returned. And I ended up buy the base game with all EPs/DLC for Cities Skylines and Tropico 5 for the same price :p

God damn it. The new upcoming release of Skyrim Anniversary Edition (Aka AE) is going to completely #REKTBall my 346 mod deck. I literally spent AN ENTIRE DECADE fine tuning my mods. Just so I could get a record breaking playthrough of some 300+ hours of additional mod content on top of the 100+ hrs from the base game. Yet Todd Howard had to go leviathan troll and s**g the PC fan base

Bugthesda literally stole 99% of this AE mod content from FREE mods offered by the PC modding community at Nexus since 2011. I'm especially sore about the Survival and Fishing mod additions which are going to permanently break/ruin world scope mods like Frostfall/Campfire and Art of the Catch. Which I've had in my game since 2011. With the exception of the fishing mod upgrade, my pre AE mod deck is still far superior to the 130 mods Bugthesda insists on injecting into AE.

It's going to take me the better part of next year trying to repair the damage integrating the new base game content with my existing mods. Again. For the 3rd time in a decade. AGAIN. Jeezus.

I going to have to take a LONG extended vacation from the TES Skyrim universe to get mentally back on track. At least until the modding community recovers and update SE version mods to this cursed final AE one.

Which brings me to ED and the upcoming QoL update for my newly acquired space legs. Had some memorable pastimes exercising my Skyrim/Fallout/FarmSim19 Terran based legs. I took this foot based mobility for granted in all my non space based games. Didn't miss them in SE or EGS where they were a mandatory mobility asset. Then along came ED and my PC suddenly became a paraplegic bound in his cockpit. Then the gods of the universe intervened and gifted him space legs. He bounded free from his cockpit wheelchair and gleefully began to explore the outside void that was the Milky Way. And was bedazzeld by the human habitats sparsely distributed across the galaxy. Until one day, the realization finally dawned on him. Why couldn't he use his new found mobility and enjoy the immersive experience on his ship. The same ship on which he had been so completely bound for years in his cockpit?

Don't want to come across as sounding ungrateful. Love the new addition QoL coming to the large (and extremely expensive) ships. But it would've been so good if ED could at least scratch that world immersion/interactivity itch given my new space legs. At least we're getting those new interiors for the Capital ships. Too bad they couldn't extend this concept to smaller (and more highly affordable) ships. Like adding a streamlined (but highly immersive) version of the 300i interior layout (one of SC's small ships) here:

DON'T CARE WHATCHA SAY. I WANT MY 'MERSION. WANT MY CUP OF VINTAGE COFFEE. WHICH I CAN ENJOY IN MY VINTAGE H.O. MUG COLLECTIBLE. WHICH I MADE IN MY NEWLY INSTALLED COFFEE BAR MODULE I BOUGHT ON SOL. AND WATCH GALAXY NEWS ON A MASSIVE CANOPY LOCATED COMPUTER SCREEN. WHILE ADMIRING THE GALAXY THROUGH A MOON ROOF MODULE UPGRADE. ALL FROM THE COMFORT OF MY SPACE BUNK BED.

If they can add interiors to the big ships, then why not the smaller ones. After load screening into our smaller (and more affordable ships) give us functional interiors. Like a bunk (shown on the 300i) where you can log out and save game in SC, stationary on a planet or in space. That weapons/armor rack to permit storage of weapons, armor and even tools. We can do quick load out changes since EDO from the cockpit. But being able to store excess weapons/armor, equipment/tools that you forage, salvage, steal, loot from settlements and NPCs would be a nice touch. Perhaps a tiny cubby hole office corner with a laptop that lets you access everything you can in your cockpit seat. So you can sip coffee while planning your next combat mission or trade route while in SC around a solar system.

Just the little stuff like that would go a long long way to scratching my now Terran leg refugee itch. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom