What other games are we all playing?

I have both FSR and DLSS off, but Vulkan still seems a little blury, gets even more blurry when TAA is highter than Medium.

DLSS should replace the standard TAA when it's enabled. You can also replace the default DLSS binaries with a newer version and use something like nvidiaprofileinspector to force a higher internal render resolution (to turn DLSS into DLAA) plus a different DLSS preset (E usually does pretty well).

DLSS should replace the standard TAA when it's enabled. You can also replace the default DLSS binaries with a newer version and use something like nvidiaprofileinspector to force a higher internal render resolution (to turn DLSS into DLAA) plus a different DLSS preset (E usually does pretty well).
I played around with DLSS a little back when I took a first look at the settings but didn't like how smudgy it looked. Haven't played with it since the new driver, but with how the settings reset each time I had to restart teh game I really hate changing anything now. Too many spiffy high-tech stuff for a guy who still prefers to draw in charcoal.

After a long ass time trying to get rid of the little white box everytime I click, I got everything to work as well as it'll probably ever will.
Vulkan looks blury but I still prefers it to DX12.
View attachment 397303
Valentine - left is the stable. Three Sisters should be a little bit to the right?

Springfield rifle is among my favs - just for the toggleable scope. Just like bolt-action. I really barely used any repeaters. Sometimes I equipped for story missions, but late game: rifle, bow, sidearms. I banned repeaters from horse cargo and went in with shotte, tomahawk and rifle for story.
One of my fav regions is Mt Shann - it has a couple access points and the all kinda culminate at summit. Gave my a bit of High Hrothgar feels, another immortal pixel mountain experience in gaming.

Last edited:
In all the hours I've played the game I've only used repeater and cattleman. I've been thinking of trying a bolt action, there's a lot of them lying around in town. repeater works fine for me though since I mostly ride around hunting game. As much as I stay around Valentine and the plains, I can't get enough of Big Valley. I could sit there look at the view all day long.

This time round, with the custom character I can't cook so no more hunting and camping out in Big Valley for days. On the other hand I'll have to stock up on canned food form the general store before each little expedition so it's still immersive. Just my luck, shot a nice White Tail buck on my way to Big Valley. Bump into a Laramie all by his lonesome self and decided to shoot him in the back like a coward I am and steal his horse. Shot him, Game Crashed.

In all the hours I've played the game I've only used repeater and cattleman. I've been thinking of trying a bolt action, there's a lot of them lying around in town. repeater works fine for me though since I mostly ride around hunting game. As much as I stay around Valentine and the plains, I can't get enough of Big Valley. I could sit there look at the view all day long.

This time round, with the custom character I can't cook so no more hunting and camping out in Big Valley for days. On the other hand I'll have to stock up on canned food form the general store before each little expedition so it's still immersive. Just my luck, shot a nice White Tail buck on my way to Big Valley. Bump into a Laramie all by his lonesome self and decided to shoot him in the back like a coward I am and steal his horse. Shot him, Game Crashed.
Custom character...in multiplayer I take it?

Or am I missing something? :oops:

1st playthrough I was all out repeater man, but I'm kind of a huntsman and they aren't the best choice for hunting.

Custom character...in multiplayer I take it?

Or am I missing something? :oops:
I'm running maximum mods this play through. Managed to get costume changer working and now playing single player with female character (I hate how male characters look like giants on a Morgan horse).
It's not without issues, I think the rare crashes I'm getting is due to that. Has to change PED to the character I made each time I load up a save, can't buy clothes or pick up hats, can't cook or craft and not much going on withe female voice. Also hadn't been able to lasso an animal in and knife kill it. Obviously can't play story missions either.
1st playthrough I was all out repeater man, but I'm kind of a huntsman and they aren't the best choice for hunting.
I've just tried the bolt action, man that thing is easy mode. I still prefers the repeather though, its shorter and looks more right somehow.
Been exploring New Austin for the very first time and man do I hate cactus, lost my hat 3 times in a roll. Area around Black Water is such a great hunting ground, too bad Black Water look too developed for my taste. Back to Valentine I guess.

Still playing...

JwoA16D.jpg

0O0EEUu.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking about RDR2 but read I had to buy the online version to play ? on some of the reviews . Bearing in ming I a xboxer and RDR2 is £18 ISH but can't find a definitive answer . Any ideas

The second full haul of the day. Got more than $10 from selling game I decided to visit the saloon. Cleaned up, a plate of oatmeal and a shot of drink.
PRDR32117791867_1.jpg

PRDR31170124845_1.jpg

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Thaumaturge - really well made RPG in an unusual setting of 1905 Poland.

RoboCop - linear FPS based on popular franchise. Nice and simple fun!

Starfield is a good short term game .. pretty fun but once you've run through the story it's samey. You can use different companions but it ends up the same. There are some bugs still around for completing some missions even after NG10 . So if on sale it's good.

Back
Top Bottom