What other games are we all playing?

And restarted Stellaris PT again. They reworked habitats and Ecumenopolis. sigh This time I'm trying with a megacorp again. So far looking quite good. Also upped the difficulty a notch.

Still playing XCom 2 as my “pausable” (I like that term) game. I’m surprisingly still on my fourth campaign. Last week, I was two pips away from the Avatar project being completed. I managed to push it back to five. Unfortunately, I’ve been neglecting letting an alternate Sharpshooter get some experience, and now my fully ranked up Sharpshooter is out of commission for ten days, thanks to five people missing an Archon that triggered our killzone, including said Sharpshooter. He managed to kill the other two members of the alien pod after we dropped a plasma grenade into their midst, and as I’m celebrating the destruction of the first pod of the mission, I realize in horror that everyone is missing!

edit:
The mission I ran while waiting for my supper to finish cooking went flawlessly with my substitute Sharpshooter. I accidentally found a secondary use for plasma grenades: removing buildings between my people and any aliens using said buildings for cover. :D

Last edited:
Still playing XCom 2 as my “pausable” (I like that term) game. I’m surprisingly still on my fourth campaign. Last week, I was two pips away from the Avatar project being completed. I managed to push it back to five. Unfortunately, I’ve been neglecting letting an alternate Sharpshooter get some experience, and now my fully ranked up Sharpshooter is out of commission for ten days, thanks to five people missing an Archon that triggered our killzone, including said Sharpshooter. He managed to kill the other two members of the alien pod after we dropped a plasma grenade into their midst, and as I’m celebrating the destruction of the first pod of the mission, I realize in horror that everyone is missing!

edit:
The mission I ran while waiting for my supper to finish cooking went flawlessly with my substitute Sharpshooter. I accidentally found a secondary use for plasma grenades: removing buildings between my people and any aliens using said buildings for cover. :D

• Hell Let Loose
  • Jurassic World Evolution
  • Hellion
  • Survive The Nights
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Crusader Kings 2
So yeah, i play a LOT of other games instead Elite. My Elite burnout is slowly getting better though and as soon as i get my new flight stick i'm planning on hopping in after a small break. Remains to be seen if i can play it for longer periods yet though..

Completed dead space 3 recently (great game, now i just need to finish #2)

just started fallout 4 VR for my solo gaming- wow! I am glad to be back in VR now the temperature has dropped a bit. and am going through Lara Croft GOL, The Division and Destiny 2 for multiplayer stuff. .

My August pinball table is Star Trek TNG which is a superb recreation

not started yet but i also bought NMS in preparation for the VR patch.

Just bought the alpha of Starsector, an indie game that's been in development since 2010, haha.
A co-worker told me about it. If no good, well, that's $15USD flushed away.

Anything that can be paused, so Stellaris, Observation, Outer Wilds and AC:Origins - though with a 17 month old that won't settle, even those games aren't seeing any action. Elite is resting as I can't get in to it without interuption. It's temporary... I hope.
Yeah, it's totally temporary. Shouldn't be more than another fifteen years or so:)

Finally got a hotas system, so I'll be playing flight sims intensively in the next weeks...

DCS
Il-2 Sturmovik
X-Plane 11
Rise of Flight
Frontier Pilot Simulator
And probably will buy a few more...

What sort did you get mate?

Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS. The one with the thruster control too, but without the pedals.

It's not top of the line by any means, but for a first HOTAS system it feels quite nice. There's buttons, toggles and axis for everything I will ever need (that's why I skipped the pedals).

Finally finished Duke3D and Shadow Warrior. Was a great time and looking forward to Blood whenever it goes on sale. In the meantime revisiting some other games I'd abandoned awhile ago. Alternating between Mass Effect 2 and finishing up the DLC for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Both great games although I seem to have hit a skill wall with both of them at the moment.

Still cycling SubNautica, RimWorld, MWO*, MWLL*, BT** ... if there is not an Interstellar Initiative ongoing.

*MechWarriorOnline
*MechWarriorLivingLegends
*BattleTech

Still cycling SubNautica, RimWorld, MWO*, MWLL*, BT** ... if there is not an Interstellar Initiative ongoing.

*MechWarriorOnline
*MechWarriorLivingLegends
*BattleTech

A smorgasbord. A man after my own heart.

Fallout 4
Skyrim
Battletech
DA Inquisition.
MW Vengeance and exp packs.
Always nice to have a choice.

Been playing the original Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox...since I wanted to see how the 9 year old game stands up to it's utterly addictive successor. It's been in my Xbox game library since release, I did have a hard copy too somewhere but that's probably still in a box in the shed after our move.

The answer is, that even after 9 years, it still cuts the mustard :)

Lots of DCS lately as I bought Virpil Mongood grip and getting ready for the F-16 module to arrive.

The F-16 Viper module trailer is truly incredible. It was the final drop that made me finally purchase my first HOTAS system.

I always loved fighter jets and aviation in general since I was a child, it was my childhood dream to fly a fighter jet. Played pretty much every flight sim there was in the nineties (strangely there were a lot more back then than there are today). While my childhood dream never came true, I am thankful for living in an age where flight sims may be scarce (compared to the 90's) but they're getting so close to the real thing.

The F-16 Viper module trailer is truly incredible. It was the final drop that made me finally purchase my first HOTAS system.

I always loved fighter jets and aviation in general since I was a child, it was my childhood dream to fly a fighter jet. Played pretty much every flight sim there was in the nineties (strangely there were a lot more back then than there are today). While my childhood dream never came true, I am thankful for living in an age where flight sims may be scarce (compared to the 90's) but they're getting so close to the real thing.

This is the only reason I regret switching to console.
DCS looks truly amazing, I don't see any console top that in any foreseeable future.
I used to play a lot of flight sims too on pc, Falcon 4.0, Flanker 2.0, F-15 Strike Eagle, etc.
My first Hotas was a Suncom F-15 replica but had several better ones after that.

I don't regret playing on Xbox One X now but I do miss the good flight sims so now and then.

Lots of DCS lately as I bought Virpil Mongood grip and getting ready for the F-16 module to arrive.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the F16 as well.
Falcon 4.0 was one of the first Mil flight sims I ever got into.
I miss the days when games came in a big box with a stonking great manual.

Top Bottom