What RUBBISH

I am trying to get my carrier back from Colonia but each jump is now taking over 50 mins. It is due to these CG's.

I play Elite in SOLO not interested in playing with other people as in the past had VERY bad experiences with such things.

Having now got a new python MK2 I want to engineer it. Cannot do that where i was AND do not want to GRIND the Colonia engineers So need to get back home i.e. THE BUBBLE.

But at this rate it is going to take weeks. Damm Fdev.

I still 24 Jumps now at 42 mins a jump that is 17 Hours YES SEVENTEEN HOURS continuous play.
Well, I just saw this thread, so I know you must already experiencing a faster jump sequence. FCs get delayed jumps when many cmdrs use them to move their freshly bought ships to engineers at the same time ;) .
I guess you've jumped too far to consider what I'll say next, but I'll say it:
Provided a cmdr has:
  • Unlocked access to the Colonia Enginners by progressing enough with their bubble "sponsors" (at least for the ships)
  • Stocked up on ship engineering materials in the bubble, where access is easier (e.g. Imperial Shielding, raw mats)
Colonia is a better region to engineer ships and suits because everything is one or two jumps away.

I am trying to get my carrier back from Colonia but each jump is now taking over 50 mins. It is due to these CG's.

I play Elite in SOLO not interested in playing with other people as in the past had VERY bad experiences with such things.

Having now got a new python MK2 I want to engineer it. Cannot do that where i was AND do not want to GRIND the Colonia engineers So need to get back home i.e. THE BUBBLE.

But at this rate it is going to take weeks. Damm Fdev.

I still 24 Jumps now at 42 mins a jump that is 17 Hours YES SEVENTEEN HOURS continuous play.
Visit the Fleet Carriers Owners Club on Discord. They take you home. I flew with the Froc Sleeper Service once when I stranded in Colonia. Return to the Bubble was quite relaxing. :)

The thread is Rubbish. It's just a rant about time delays. If it was properly titled it would make more sense

Aren't unlocking the colonia engineers relatively easy compared to flying (or moving FC) back to the bubble? Really not much of a "GRIND". And long term kinda worth the effort being able to pin 4 extra blueprints). You need a couple engineers in the bubble unlocked first, so if that wasn't done you're stuck. Also if I remember getting Imperial Shielding and Core Dynamics can be a problem in Colonia If you aren't already stocked up.

Etienne Dorn
  • Trade rank Dealer or better - easy
  • Provide 25 escape pods - easy

Marsha Hicks
  • Exploration rank Surveyor or higher - easy
  • Mine 10 units of Osmium - easy

Mel Brandon
  • 1000,000 worth of bounty vouchers - easy
  • Colonia Council Invite - no big deal

Petra Olmanova
  • Combat rank Expert or higher - gotta go kill some stuff.
  • provide 200 progenetor cells - easy

imo in the thread title which has zero indication of what the thread is actually about - unless you consider the entire thread rubbish, in which case its quite accurate ;p
Nice one:) Well to be trueful I was a bit miffed after getting the stellar it was not engineered. Having spent a few days going Colonia and finding the engineering not that easy to follow. But all engineers in bubble were unlocked to level 5. Oh dear had to return. But the servers were making that take a large time interval between Jumps. 48 mins.
But After I left the message (FLAME) it speeded up. back to 15 - 16 mins. It turns out after 14:00 uk time (BST) the frontier system can get very busy. But this morning 07:00 to 12:30 all fine.

I am now back Home as it were, and experimenting with ship loadouts to decide What MK2 is going to best suit me. It is certainly very nifty.

BUT YOU ARE QUITE CORRECT TITLE DOES NOT FIT SUBJECT. OOPS oops oops.

Back in my day commanders used to use their ships to fly everywhere... including to engineers and to / from Colonia.
Back in my day, NavComputer could plot only 100 LY.

So even the Rares Run (~140 LY) had to be eyeballed, "half approx to somewhere there, then I'll figure out where to go next and next and...".

And with that NavComp I managed to reach Sag A in a Hauler :) in the first month of this game. The estimate was "up and a bit left". Then after every 100 LY you stop to plot, zoom in/out... the direction was tolerable to estimate, but the height difference was a proverbial pain in you-know-where. Took me almost two weeks to get there.

Screenshot_0035a.jpg

But the feeling when I took this pic, with 37% health... boy oh boy! (and I managed to get back alive at the first outpost in the bubble arriving from Sag A, Sarmiento De Gamboa Port in Pand - a lousy mining post which, at that moment, was the most splendid sight I ever saw).

Good old days.

Back in my day, NavComputer could plot only 100 LY.

So even the Rares Run (~140 LY) had to be eyeballed, "half approx to somewhere there, then I'll figure out where to go next and next and...".

And with that NavComp I managed to reach Sag A in a Hauler :) in the first month of this game. The estimate was "up and a bit left". Then after every 100 LY you stop to plot, zoom in/out... the direction was tolerable to estimate, but the height difference was a proverbial pain in you-know-where. Took me almost two weeks to get there.

View attachment 392571

But the feeling when I took this pic, with 37% health... boy oh boy! (and I managed to get back alive at the first outpost in the bubble arriving from Sag A, Sarmiento De Gamboa Port in Pand - a lousy mining post which, at that moment, was the most splendid sight I ever saw).

Good old days.
In all seriousness. o7

Top Bottom