Distant Worlds II Event What Ship are you Bringing and Why?

So I've just made it to WP6 after a jaunt back to the Caravanserai shipyard at Gandharvi. I'm taking my original exploration T6 on the expedition, but now it's parked there as I've swapped to my long-range mining Phantom for the CG. Looks like we'll be hanging out in the core for a while, so I should have plenty of time to head over and switch back before we continue onward.

kK2pkG1.jpg

Now this T6, we've been through a lot together. She's been rechristened, repainted a few times, and thoroughly retrofitted since I purchased her, but this hull is the very first of my exploration career. Took her out to Rho Ophiuchus about a month after starting, which seemed like an incredibly long way. Made my first trips to the Pleiades and Barnard's Loop. Rode the Gnosis during the Cone Sector incident, and survived running decon limpet support duty for the fighters. So there's no way I wasn't going to take her on DW2. But with only two small hardpoints, she's sadly just not viable for a mining CG.

So I've just made it to WP6 after a jaunt back to the Caravanserai shipyard at Gandharvi. I'm taking my original exploration T6 on the expedition, but now it's parked there as I've swapped to my long-range mining Phantom for the CG. Looks like we'll be hanging out in the core for a while, so I should have plenty of time to head over and switch back before we continue onward.

Now this T6, we've been through a lot together. She's been rechristened, repainted a few times, and thoroughly retrofitted since I purchased her, but this hull is the very first of my exploration career. Took her out to Rho Ophiuchus about a month after starting, which seemed like an incredibly long way. Made my first trips to the Pleiades and Barnard's Loop. Rode the Gnosis during the Cone Sector incident, and survived running decon limpet support duty for the fighters. So there's no way I wasn't going to take her on DW2. But with only two small hardpoints, she's sadly just not viable for a mining CG.

Just use mining lasers. That's what I used for CG1 and it worked fine. Power Distributor was kind of lacking, but with only 3 collector limpets it didn't matter since they couldn't keep up anwyay.

EliteDangerous64_2019-01-17_18-00-54.png

Need some opinions here. I'm sitting at probably my last chance to do this for a long time (and distance).
I'm in an Anaconda at 43.05 range. And I'm OK with that, but realized that i can jump back about 57 stops and try to do the guardian FSD booster.
Is that worth doing way out here already? Free advice welcomed.

Need some opinions here. I'm sitting at probably my last chance to do this for a long time (and distance).
I'm in an Anaconda at 43.05 range. And I'm OK with that, but realized that i can jump back about 57 stops and try to do the guardian FSD booster.
Is that worth doing way out here already? Free advice welcomed.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, but then I wouldn't be happy with an Anaconda with little more than half it's potential range. So if you're happy with 43 then maybe no great need. That said 57 jumps isn't much in the big scheme of things.

57 hops isn't too bad. If you were looking at hundreds, it would be a tough call. I've already been back to the bubble twice for engineering since we started, and my resulting jump range has gone down, not up.... since I switched to my T9. :D I'm at 41 lightyears and loving it, despite being the shortest range I think I've used out here.

57 hops isn't too bad. If you were looking at hundreds, it would be a tough call. I've already been back to the bubble twice for engineering since we started, and my resulting jump range has gone down, not up.... since I switched to my T9. :D I'm at 41 lightyears and loving it, despite being the shortest range I think I've used out here.

Told you 41ly isn't too bad. 41ly Corvette FTW! :D

That's my Anaconda: https://s.orbis.zone/2bwo With all the slots available, it's got everything I need for exploration and some surplus utilities.

Though I have to say, that it flies kinda like a brick, the view isn't ideal and finding enough flat space to land can sometimes take a while. Next time I go exploring, I'll probably buy a Phantom.

Now that Coriolis is working again for me, that's my current "I run circles around DG2" build:

https://s.orbis.zone/2d90

(no SRV because I hate SRVs, I have one at Explorer's Anchorage, but not fitted, and the hrp config only to run the gauntlet there :))

Top Bottom