What size is the JWE2 Mosasaurus?

It is a bit of a heated discussion on reddit (people really don't the bigger sizes), but I am curious what size you guys went with.

Seeing as there are animals that get similar in size to a real Mosasaurus (Shastasaurus & Shonisaurus for example), I'm thinking you probably didn't go for the largest canon size.

Lol, I think the mosasaurus holds the record for the fastest growing animal incubated by ingen.

ydthfmz1s3e41.jpg

found this image on reddit.

You do bring a good question. I don't think it will be that massive as the one in fallen kingdom, but I would just be happy if it is big enough to swallow a great white shark whole. It does make me wonder if it is currently the largest marine animal in the roster based on her size in Jurassic World. Also, we have yet to see what her aquarium size would be like, so it will be cool to finally look at the reveal of the mosasaurus when she gets her species field guide.

Lol, I think the mosasaurus holds the record for the fastest growing animal incubated by ingen.

ydthfmz1s3e41.jpg

You do bring a good question. I don't think it will be that massive as the one in fallen kingdom, but I would just be happy if it is big enough to swallow a great white shark whole. It does make me wonder if it is currently the largest marine animal in the roster based on her size in Jurassic World. Also, we have yet to see what her aquarium size would be like, so it will be cool to finally look at the reveal of the mosasaurus when she gets her species field guide.
I think the JWE2 Mosasaurus, will probably be as large as the marketing & promotional version. It would make it a good compromise by making it significantly larger than its fossilised counterpart and able to swallow sharks whole, but not so large to the point of absurdity.

ydthfmz1s3e41.jpg

Size comparisons in films by fans online aren’t really a good reliable source. Very often they are fooled by the camera angles in which the thing and the humans are angled and/or not very straight, which makes it look and feel bigger than it really may be. All we have from the fans, asides info from official sources, are personal perceptions about the Mosasaurus’s ultimate size (as Jack Horner puts it) in the films alone. When one watches them, and the TV show, it may actually be smaller than the perceived ultimate size.

Last edited:
Size comparisons in films by fans online aren’t really a good reliable source. Very often they are fooled by the camera angles in which the thing and the humans are angled and/or not very straight, which makes it look and feel bigger than it really may be. All we have from the fans, asides info from official sources, are personal perceptions about the Mosasaurus’s ultimate size (as Jack Horner puts it) in the films alone. When one watches them, and the TV show, it may actually be smaller than the perceived ultimate size.
Ture, I never did find any official source regarding the size of the Mosasaurus with pictures. It would have been useful for sure, so I went with this as it looked the most researched of the fan pictures.

I did a quick search to see if there is anything official and I did find this interview with Glen Mclntosh. He stated the size of the mosasaurus to be similar to the one in the picture (at least in regards to the Jurassic World 2015 Movie version). Thankfully it looked like the JW mosasaur in the picture matches the description.

"the Mosasaur originally started out as like 60ft long and when it came out of the water it just didn’t look imposing. So we would start scaling it up… Ultimately the Mosasaur came in at about 110-120ft long, twice as long as it should have been and about the size of a blue whale."

Regardless, I do admit the Fallen Kingdom size is waaaaaayyy too big.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
@Jens Erik dont know if this has been asked already but can dinosaurs swim and can you use different depths of water in your exhibits?
Hey paul78!

We don't have anything to announce regarding swimming dinosaurs beyond aquatic reptiles. The aquatic reptiles will swim, of course.

Big enough to kill the Indominus rex and the various large theropods. Regardless of how big they make it, it'll almost certainly be significantly larger than the real animal.

Deleted member 275623

D
Idk why people want this thing in. Blue whale size and looks nothing like a mosasaur(which is impossible to recreate anyways) shrink wrapping gallore

Deleted member 275623

D
Well im 28 but yea 😂 while i personally would like more accurate interpretations i know its jurassic world, but even for JW the mosa is ridiculous imo. 🥸

Well im 28 but yea 😂 while i personally would like more accurate interpretations i know its jurassic world, but even for JW the mosa is ridiculous imo. 🥸
It's not impossible that other things might tread closer to accuracy (Euoplocephalus from JWE1 for example), Prehistoric Kingdom fills that niche pretty well though (granted Aquatic and large aerial stuff is more like over the next couple of years I think).

With the Mosasaurus though, it does partly define the Jurassic World part of the franchise, so skipping it or changing it too much never really was an option on the dev's part.

They're free to add other aquatic species of course (I'm sure they will, even if just in DLC), and other Mosasaurs being on the list seems likely (I could see both more accurate and more inaccurate types being introduced, seeing the diversity in reconstructions over time).

Deleted member 275623

D
Have you ever seen the size beetween guests and the dinos? The cerstosaur is easily the size of a real size trex compared to a guest🥲. Also a lot of dinos are way to big fir their species. 😝

Have you ever seen the size beetween guests and the dinos? The cerstosaur is easily the size of a real size trex compared to a guest🥲. Also a lot of dinos are way to big fir their species. 😝
The thing is they basically all had to be the same size back at launch for the animations to work across them, I'm not saying oversizing isn't going to happen, because it will, it's Jurassic Park, but at the very least they've got a better chance of being correct compared with each other this time around.

ydthfmz1s3e41.jpg

I am leaning more towards the 2015 or Fallen Kingdom Mosa, just staying true to the movies

Top Bottom