What’s your thoughts on another tiger?

I tell you one thing I’ve been playing Planet Zoo for a long time and I’ve only seen a white bengal tiger once in the game and every time I get back on there I still don’t get a white bengal tiger and I’m desperate for one.

I tell you one thing I’ve been playing Planet Zoo for a long time and I’ve only seen a white bengal tiger once in the game and every time I get back on there I still don’t get a white bengal tiger and I’m desperate for one.
Have you ever seen a white siberian tiger though? If you have, Frontier should be ashamed for having flunked the science. I believe in the game only Bengal Tigers can turn out white although obviously it's very rare.

Have you ever seen a white siberian tiger though? If you have, Frontier should be ashamed for having flunked the science. I believe in the game only Bengal Tigers can turn out white although obviously it's very rare.
We have White Siberian Tigers in the Game. Found it a bit disappointing when I first saw it in the Game because it implies that the ones in our Zoos aren't purebred. Then I've just made up the Headcannon that the Mutation just appeared in one of my Zoos for the first Time.
If we'll ever get a Sequel, I hope though that they'll leave white Siberian Tigers out of it

I've seen you mention this idea around a bunch of different animals. I'm not sure I get what you mean.

Are you suggesting that they add separate subspecies as simple random variants? Because that would just lead to a ridiculously unrealistic mixed habitat. Plus, Sumatran tigers are considerably smaller than either the Bengal or Siberian tiger.
I like the colormorphs in game. I know that they aren't natural and alot of the community is against them though... I just think that PZ is a game. Colormorphs in game don't imply inbreeding or (in the case of smaller fur-bearing animals) farming to me. They are just something fun to add variety to the game. Like, it would get old to have the exact same animals in every single zoo. So, colormorphs add a bit of variety and they seem more acceptable to the community overall than do clones... Yet, alot of the people whom are against reskins (by the way I think the rhino is kind of a reskin!) are also against colormorphs. I just think colormorphs are a good compromise.
As far as model differences I was thinking different ear lengths or fur lengths but I guess its not a good idea...
I just want more variety in animals. I don't care what it is, I just would get bored of the same animals all the time. If I played the game as much as I want to. I am a horrible builder and irl I work alot and sleep too much. So I don't have much time for "gaming."

I like the colormorphs in game. I know that they aren't natural and alot of the community is against them though... I just think that PZ is a game. Colormorphs in game don't imply inbreeding or (in the case of smaller fur-bearing animals) farming to me. They are just something fun to add variety to the game. Like, it would get old to have the exact same animals in every single zoo. So, colormorphs add a bit of variety and they seem more acceptable to the community overall than do clones... Yet, alot of the people whom are against reskins (by the way I think the rhino is kind of a reskin!) are also against colormorphs. I just think colormorphs are a good compromise.
As far as model differences I was thinking different ear lengths or fur lengths but I guess its not a good idea...
I just want more variety in animals. I don't care what it is, I just would get bored of the same animals all the time. If I played the game as much as I want to. I am a horrible builder and irl I work alot and sleep too much. So I don't have much time for "gaming."
Right, but...the Sumatran tiger isn't a colourmorph, it's a completely different subspecies.

Like I said before, I think we should get all the tiger subspecies in the game. There is a better variety to choose from.
I agree! The only problem is it takes up DLC slots from whole more broad taxonomic groups that aren't represented in game yet :( I wish at this point, there could be a clone pack that adds the likes of Sumatran Tiger, Grevy's Zebra, Masai Giraffe, Eurasian Wolf, maybe even American/Carribean Flamingo! And yes, I know Grevy's Zebras are quite a bit different from Plains Zebra in shape and probably behavior. I just also know that people are against adding them because "we already have a zebra." Lame excuse when we have two monitors and conveniently not a single one of the anti-clone people complained about the AWM. AWM to me was one of the least exciting DLC habitat animals in the games lifespan so far! If it weren't for inclusion of AWM, tropical pack would be higher ranked for me.

I agree! The only problem is it takes up DLC slots from whole more broad taxonomic groups that aren't represented in game yet :( I wish at this point, there could be a clone pack that adds the likes of Sumatran Tiger, Grevy's Zebra, Masai Giraffe, Eurasian Wolf, maybe even American/Carribean Flamingo! And yes, I know Grevy's Zebras are quite a bit different from Plains Zebra in shape and probably behavior. I just also know that people are against adding them because "we already have a zebra." Lame excuse when we have two monitors and conveniently not a single one of the anti-clone people complained about the AWM. AWM to me was one of the least exciting DLC habitat animals in the games lifespan so far! If it weren't for inclusion of AWM, tropical pack would be higher ranked for me.
Look back at the tropical pack announcement thread. Everyone complained about the monitor being included over a South American primate. Complaints only died down when the model turned out to be excellent, compared to the borderline unusable Nile monitor. And at least the AWM gives us an Asian reptile that's more splashable than something like the komodo. Grevy's zebra doesn't really differentiate itself from a zoo planning standpoint at all.

I wish at this point, there could be a clone pack that adds the likes of Sumatran Tiger, Grevy's Zebra, Masai Giraffe, Eurasian Wolf, maybe even American/Carribean Flamingo!
I wish so too but I think those might be better as additional Downloads for a small Price per Animal. I also think there would be Outrage with a proper DLC that includes all of those🙃

Lame excuse when we have two monitors
We have 3😉 (and hope they make it 4 by adding Lace Monitor or Perentie)

Monitor is in my top 5 favorite animals in game so everyone has different options lol. It's the same way lots of people say they want the American Black bear even though I think it's pointless considering we got the Formosan.

The only thing that annoyed me about the AWM was that it essentially is a remastered Nile monitor. It bugs me because they could have just remastered the Nile monitor (even the colours are similar!) and then put something else in the pack.
They won’t remaster any base game animals

That kinda is the reason why i wouldnt be mad about getting clones of basegame animals that really dont look that great.
Like nowadays wouldnt be apposed to the asiatic lion getting one of the "clone" spots in a DLC

That kinda is the reason why i wouldnt be mad about getting clones of basegame animals that really dont look that great.
Like nowadays wouldnt be apposed to the asiatic lion getting one of the "clone" spots in a DLC
I feel similarly about certain species. Eurasian brown bear, Sumatran tiger, Southern lion (P. leo melanochaita), Eurasian wolf, and so on. However I never wanted a third monitor so it feels different.

Top Bottom