When two maps collide, fanboys and enjoyers (mass effect)

I'm sure after this many years, the particular topic has been ran into the ground but I haven't been able to find any actual evidence of our actual (ED) Milky Way and the Mass Effect version being combined to get a reference for how they may mix. My friends and I have also been talking about what Colonia Bridge may bring and how travel to far away locations may actually look like. Muchless what inhabited space in ED may evolve to look like if we ever get more reliable traversal to such locations. Ofcourse being a big geek myself and ME being right up there in my favorite sci-fi franchises I can't help but think about Relays and a populated galaxy; despite our player count vs available space.

So since I found literally none whatsoever I decided to do-the-thing and overlayed a complete ME galaxy map on top of ED's 2D top-down grid, played with transparency until I felt everything was distinct enough, centered the maps, and resized/rotated until Sol was as approximately aligned as my tools allowed. A simple method that surely doesn't maintain ME's relative positions to Saggi A, but being fictional in the first place and a lack of a digital protractor, it's good enough for me. Especially since we got bonus points for the galactic arms actually lining up with each other pretty damn exactly. I also learned that Star Wars' galaxy is almost identical in largest width...project for another day perhaps; though some rotation required since preliminary results puts Sol in the Unexplored sector pretty far. Thinking about lining that part of space to The Abyss, seems more fitting.
https://imgur.com/a/IQoxU9N?
I think the neat part too is just how many systems actually ended up fairly logically placed for being truely arbitrary to real logic and especially so compared to our arbitrary boundaries of the real sections of space.

Top Bottom