Where are all the Thargoids?

I wanted a bit of scout action for me and my npc, as I have done before....

I searched the gal maps for an incursion sate system and as of today there are 2 of them (south of the bubble).
I jumped to one of them, FSS scanned the system - not a single NHSS.

From previous recollection, sometimes the signal sources are in a nearby system and you need a mission to be told where they are. So, I went to the nearby rescue megaship - no missions!

So where are the Thargoid signal sources, and how do I find them on the gal map if the incursion state doesn't show it?

What I'm actually after, if someone knows, is the nearest Thargoid scout location to Shinrata.

Deleted member 182079

D
Celaeno is a great system for goid hunting, big and small.

Shipyard, short distance from star and dozens upon dozens of NHSS's from threat 3-9.

Last edited by a moderator:
many thanks for the replies!

Also check out the Bulk freighters out there, quite a few of them send out distress calls. Took a newbie friend of mine to pick up some Meta Alloys for Farseer, ended up defending a freighter against some thargoid scouts, you don't need AX weapons. Really good fun.

I tried to do some scouts for the first time on Tuesday with some friends who play casually. I tried to make heads or tales of the badly formatted Thargoid activity, sighed and resorted to the forums. They said Bolg, but there was nothing there. Gave up.

The galmap filter is useless as it's only good for spotting things reasonably close by, you can't search for the closest "infected" system etc, if you're not lucky and spot that one dot on the map, you'll never know.

And there was no way my casual wing mates were going to be able to get their unengineered vultures out to Merope in an reasonable time frame.

I've toyed with doing multicrew, but then only 3 can play instead of 4, as you can't wing and multicrew at the same time.

I wanted a bit of scout action for me and my npc, as I have done before.... I searched the gal maps for an incursion sate system and as of today there are 2 of them (south of the bubble). I jumped to one of them, FSS scanned the system - not a single NHSS. From previous recollection, sometimes the signal sources are in a nearby system and you need a mission to be told where they are. So, I went to the nearby rescue megaship - no missions! So where are the Thargoid signal sources, and how do I find them on the gal map if the incursion state doesn't show it? What I'm actually after, if someone knows, is the nearest Thargoid scout location to Shinrata.

Join the Anti-Xeno Initiative (AXI) Discord: https://discord.gg/gZbAWCF

The AXI Discord is a good resource for finding out which systems are being attacked by Thargoids each week. Besides posting a short list of the 3 or 4 systems being attacked by Thargoids on a weekly basis they also offer advice on ship builds, tactics, etc. o7

Tried again last night, went to places listed on galnet and the forum post about NHSS, couldn't find any. Spent a few hours trying to hunt them down in the bubble, got bored with the game and quit - again.

Tried again last night, went to places listed on galnet and the forum post about NHSS, couldn't find any. Spent a few hours trying to hunt them down in the bubble, got bored with the game and quit - again.[/QUOTE

If you are looking for them in the bubble theres a distressed bulk cargo ship in Kamadhenu under attack by thargoids. Its a persistent event been there for months.

Celaeno is a great system for goid hunting, big and small.

Shipyard, short distance from star and dozens upon dozens of NHSS's from threat 3-9.
I can confirm that this is still the case. Loads of NHSS 3-9. Nice port too, gonna hang around here a while squishing bugs.

Top Bottom