Where to buy Python Mk2 hull core internal

What would that demolish? It is just consequentially continuing the pay2unlock route. You don't really think it will stop at one early-access ship and some mediocre zero-rebuy ships, do you? This is now the road ahead as a price for continued hosting (and hopefully also development) of Elite Dangerous.

We will see
  • murderboat prebuilds ("to jumpstart your PvP career")
  • unicorn module exclusives
  • permit unlocks
  • rank unlocks
  • powerplay support
  • BGS changes
all purchasable by ARX. And it will work! It will generate enough income for FDev so they can comfortably support Elite into the future, be it by paying devops or content implementation. In other words: it is the opposite of demolishing, it is nurturing.

Now of course you can't do all of that immediately, it would upset the players. You have to let it sink in slowly, so people can get comfortable with it and eventually accept it as an actual improvement. The path to success is often one small step after the other.
Forgive me, I have been waiting for AGES to trot that out... To quote the Joker, "Heh, heh heh. Ha, ha, ha. And I thought my jokes were bad." ;)

A pre-built PvP murderboat will be less than useless in the hands of an untried CMDR, or one who has never engaged in PvP before.

What's the meta again, FDL with three efficient PAs, two long-range railguns, Prismatic shields? The PAs require A LOT of practice. Pilots who have never used them WILL drill holes into empty space, all the time. Same with the railguns. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel. With a 12-gauge shotgun.

Pacifiers likewise require skill to use, particularly against human opponents. Again, fish, barrel, pump-action shotgun...

Selling such murderboats would be a surefire way to alienate newcomers and less experienced players alike . . . but it WOULD create El Dorado for EXPERIENCED CMDRs, for whom the salt would flow, and lavishly, at that...

And, NO, I would NOT buy a pre-built murderboat. I COULD assemble such a thing from the materials and equipment I have, and I could not, I would not want to. It's part of the journey of learning to unlock all that.

Well obviously FDev's, don't you say? I mean, I'd file it under pay2win, but others here like to see it more like an unlock, not a win, because what is there to win in Elite, anyway? It clearly is so that you can UNLOCK early access ships and prebuild ships with zero-rebuy cost. It is in contrast to pay them once and maybe lose them later, or even just paying for one item (in the case of the basic shipyard unlock of Python Mk2). Thus the term pay2unlock is a not so unreasonable distinction from pay2win.
You don't have to pay to unlock the P2.

Forgive me, I have been waiting for AGES to trot that out... To quote the Joker, "Heh, heh heh. Ha, ha, ha. And I thought my jokes were bad." ;)

A pre-built PvP murderboat will be less than useless in the hands of an untried CMDR, or one who has never engaged in PvP before.

What's the meta again, FDL with three efficient PAs, two long-range railguns, Prismatic shields? The PAs require A LOT of practice. Pilots who have never used them WILL drill holes into empty space, all the time. Same with the railguns. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel. With a 12-gauge shotgun.

Pacifiers likewise require skill to use, particularly against human opponents. Again, fish, barrel, pump-action shotgun...

Selling such murderboats would be a surefire way to alienate newcomers and less experienced players alike . . . but it WOULD create El Dorado for EXPERIENCED CMDRs, for whom the salt would flow, and lavishly, at that...

And, NO, I would NOT buy a pre-built murderboat. I COULD assemble such a thing from the materials and equipment I have, and I could not, I would not want to. It's part of the journey of learning to unlock all that.
Heh. Heh. You are welcome.

Glad to hear that you will not be affected by prebuilt murderboats, and I agree with you on that. Nevertheless it will generate income for FDev, if they are available. That was my whole point.

Literally any port, it takes a medium landing pad.
Oh, then it must have changed in the last hours, because when I played back then the Python Mk2 was not available at Jameson Memorial, which is sporting medium landing pads. Also FDev clearly communicated, that you have to PAY TO UNLOCK access to it in the shipyard just now. They also promised to make it accessible for everybody in 3 month, but this is the future, not now (and maybe they just alter the deal further, who knows?). Which I addressed by the term "early access ships" in my statement you quoted.

Yeah, seems like FDev missed the news of the freely available Python Mk2 at every shipyard as well, because their store still shows this:
1715277126777.png

Note how you have to "Login to buy" ARX in order to pay them for this item to get a "Python Mk 2 Shipyard Unlock".

Either that or Commander Biscuit is misunderstanding something.

Heh. Heh. You are welcome.

Glad to hear that you will not be affected by prebuilt murderboats, and I agree with you on that. Nevertheless it will generate income for FDev, if they are available. That was my whole point.
And a valid point! 'course, the punters thinking they can buy their way to the top might be . . . disillusioned. Ah, life. A great teacher. Only the tuition fees . . . :D

Hey, remember...a certain "other" game truly start this model. We didn't call it "pay to win" or "pay to unlock," or "zero rebuy..." We just called it, "the only way to save your fleet in between resets" and "LTI." 🤣

Otherwise? You log in one day and your Warden is gone and you're back in your Avenger or Arrow doing it all over again, month-after-month, year-after-year...and buying all your on-foot armor again too (unless previously part of a "real currency" package).

After about 6 years, I didn't see the model ending... Not even after release. Pledge ships would just always be like earning and earning your Citizen status lol. Smart system. RSI would be stupid to give up the model, after so many billions.

Last edited:
Classic case of Frontier toe shooting target range. You can only buy armor from stations that sell the ship. The ship is available for $$$ but not in the game's stations. But you can't see which stations sell the ship...because early access $$$. A safe guess is Jameson's because we know it sells everything...for permit holders. There's also Isola Prospect or whatevs for you desperate people, and I know you're desperate....😏

🔫🦶

And a valid point! 'course, the punters thinking they can buy their way to the top might be . . . disillusioned. Ah, life. A great teacher. Only the tuition fees . . . :D
I would leave it to every individual to ruin the game experience by buying the ships and modules, instead of playing for it. If you buy all content you are not playing the game and will miss one of the core aspects of the game that is pursue your own career in this galaxy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom