"Why do you explore?"

Screenshot-Original.png

"That's why."

Pfft three water world in a row. . . .

Pretty awesome! Speaking of rare events, I ran into a water world last weekend that was in a system with binary stars. The water world was orbiting the A class star which I thought was initially pretty amazing, but when I scanned it it was even more amazing and I'm not sure how this would even be possible. The surface temperature was like 440k or somewhere around 346 degrees Fahrenheit and 166 degrees Celsius. Can someone tell me how that works? I'm not sure how you have a water world where the surface temp is almost two times the boiling point of water. I guess there could be a pressure component i.e. the pressure is high enough to increase the boiling point past the 346f/166c temperature.

Do they list atmospheric pressure?

Pretty awesome! Speaking of rare events, I ran into a water world last weekend that was in a system with binary stars. The water world was orbiting the A class star which I thought was initially pretty amazing, but when I scanned it it was even more amazing and I'm not sure how this would even be possible. The surface temperature was like 440k or somewhere around 346 degrees Fahrenheit and 166 degrees Celsius. Can someone tell me how that works? I'm not sure how you have a water world where the surface temp is almost two times the boiling point of water. I guess there could be a pressure component i.e. the pressure is high enough to increase the boiling point past the 346f/166c temperature.

It's called Boyle's Law. No they dont show the pressure.

My happiest moment is coming across a ringed ELW in orbit of a glass giant in some mad system with 6 suns some of them ringed tauturi ones. Not far from Jackie's little interstellar love shack

They all have argon atmospheres. I'll get a screen shot later

Yes surely waterworlds are very doable for "landings?" I mean there is just water as opposed to plantlife etc.

Even if you can't land but just skim over the surface, mazin. And imagine some weird and wonderful creatures pokeing up above the surface of some very rare waterwolrds.

Yes surely waterworlds are very doable for "landings?" I mean there is just water as opposed to plantlife etc.

Even if you can't land but just skim over the surface, mazin. And imagine some weird and wonderful creatures pokeing up above the surface of some very rare waterwolrds.

fRS9AAI.jpg
found this when i was searching for beluga cockpit pictures a couple months back, notice the watermark

Frontier does have experience with 3D water worlds in gaming (V2000 PS1 by Frontier) . Just imagine this being a DBX :cool:

[video=youtube;v7sZwfSPAHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7sZwfSPAHo[/video]

Last edited:
My favorite so far is a system with two coorbiting earth-likes. The system is wild with tons of stars, too. I did find a system with 5 water worlds, but they were split up between 2 stars.

Top Bottom