"Why do you explore?"

A year from now someone is going to find me floating off in the middle of nowhere rambling incoherent phrases to myself lol. After four months in the black, I'm ready to head back to a space station and get myself a new coat of paint (Literally and figuratively)
Heh, I've only been out for just over three weeks. I left on a passenger mission which ended badly 7K out, and so I carried on, given I saw no reason to just head back. I was annoyed I screwed the job up, but ultimately relieved I didn't have to rush, and have enjoyed casually exploring. I'm already starting to look forward to seeing Colonia, though, which is my next destination.

What ship are you in, and what's your hull and module integrity like now (my hull's down to 48%, and all but two or three modules took one or two percent damage when I misjudged an entry into a ring system, and was forced into a drop)? And did you take a rover?

Heh, I've only been out for just over three weeks. I left on a passenger mission which ended badly 7K out, and so I carried on, given I saw no reason to just head back. I was annoyed I screwed the job up, but ultimately relieved I didn't have to rush, and have enjoyed casually exploring. I'm already starting to look forward to seeing Colonia, though, which is my next destination.

What ship are you in, and what's your hull and module integrity like now (my hull's down to 48%, and all but two or three modules took one or two percent damage when I misjudged an entry into a ring system, and was forced into a drop)? And did you take a rover?

Yes these long range passengers look very risky and in a very tight timeframe so I didn't take any. I'm on my way out, about 6000 ly. Sag A then Jacques.

My Hull is 97% and modules are all either 97 / 98%. I repaired the thrusters and FSD though :) The small damage is from being distracted jumping into a system and getting too close to the star 3 times already.

Last edited:

My Hull is at 97 % and most are my modules are still over 90 (I have an afmu so its fine either way) and I brought 2 srvs with me. My ships is the tried and true ASP Explorer (I love it soooo much) With a 43LY jump range and killer bobblehead :p

- - - Updated - - -

Currently 55KLY from sol, I WILL BE APART OF THE 65kLY FROM SOL CLUB

I've been out for 22 days and I'm not quite halfway yet. Had to divert to a harbour just to stop going mad. Might ship my Asp out there

Yes these long range passengers look very risky and in a very tight timeframe so I didn't take any. I'm on my way out, about 6000 ly. Sag A then Jacques.
Have you been to A* before? I've not, and once at Colonia I might make a trip to the centre. That said, I'd prefer a better ship for that run... The only reason I took my Cobra III on this trip is because it was the only one with enough room for business class cabins and an SRV (I love the DB Explorer, but damn, it is a terrible Explorer, given its poor module restrictions... ), and the only reason I stayed out in it was because it was my first proper explorer/science ship, so had the best scoop and scanners.

My Hull is 97% and modules are all either 97 / 98%. I repaired the thrusters and FSD though :) The small damage is from being distracted jumping into a system and getting too close to the star 3 times already.
Don't you jump FA-off, then? That'll always protect you from the drop, at least. Or did you make a mistake whilst refueling?

I only ever jump FA-on if I have no intention of scanning the parent star, and just duck under it to proceed straight to the next jump vector (whilst pinging the d-scanner, obviously).

My Hull is at 97 % and most are my modules are still over 90 (I have an afmu so its fine either way) and I brought 2 srvs with me. My ships is the tried and true ASP Explorer (I love it soooo much) With a 43LY jump range and killer bobblehead :p
Hm, see I know the AspX is a mighty fine ship for the price, but I really don't like its design, and whenever I build a top-of-the-mid-range-line explorer, I just find the AspX a bit too boringly conventional. It's like a Cobra III... I mean, who'd fly that thing anymore? ;-)

Have you been to A* before? I've not, and once at Colonia I might make a trip to the centre. That said, I'd prefer a better ship for that run... The only reason I took my Cobra III on this trip is because it was the only one with enough room for business class cabins and an SRV (I love the DB Explorer, but damn, it is a terrible Explorer, given its poor module restrictions... ), and the only reason I stayed out in it was because it was my first proper explorer/science ship, so had the best scoop and scanners.

Don't you jump FA-off, then? That'll always protect you from the drop, at least. Or did you make a mistake whilst refueling?

I only ever jump FA-on if I have no intention of scanning the parent star, and just duck under it to proceed straight to the next jump vector (whilst pinging the d-scanner, obviously).

Hm, see I know the AspX is a mighty fine ship for the price, but I really don't like its design, and whenever I build a top-of-the-mid-range-line explorer, I just find the AspX a bit too boringly conventional. It's like a Cobra III... I mean, who'd fly that thing anymore? ;-)

Once i get back and finally apply me ship kit THEN it ill be unique

- - - Updated - - -

more or less

If you are interested in being part of a competent group of players come on over to Deep Recon X. Great guys/gals, great knowledge base, and not looking to change who you are or what you do. Plus there are a couple folks who know how to use silverware properly.

If you are interested head on over to the gateway.

Thanks for the invitation Tom, just filled out the application.

Top Bottom