Why no patch announcement?

Today is not April 23

0kdBHZK

Attachments

• No announcement.jpg
    No announcement.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Same notice here. Now that I've updated the client, it has forced me to re-install ED Horizons. I'm looking at "Sync files" progress bar with a 7 hour estimated completion time. So much for playing tonight. :mad:

No new launcher here, and the old one worked fine.

I am on a PC is this a console thing?

No - it is no game update, just a new launcher. I played today, then did something else, and after trying to start again the launcher reported, that it needs an update. It downloaded the update, I installed it, started it and had to log in (normally it remembers the login). The only problem was that the verification email did not arrive. I had to wait around 30 minutes, when I tried again, the email arrived in less than a minute, and I could play. The game files did not update, it was only the launcher.

I suspect, that they distributed the launcher and maybe will continue to distribute it in 'waves', because if 1000s of players need a verification email it may not work. Also the new launcher is probably a preparation for the coming update. Good idea to distribute it before the actual update.

If your launcher worked without update, you either have already the last version, or you will receive it soon, I think. I am playing without Steam, btw.

I've had to install a new launcher, but there was no update after that, and the whole process of downloading and installing took less than a minute.

That was my experience, too.

I am curious why they rolled out the new launcher now and not when the patch is deployed next week, as is usually their practice. Just idle curiosity. :)

May be they are forcing people who have dodge a client update to finally update the client . Or may be this is there way of avoiding some of the servers overload that happens every major update.

I got the small update this morning too except it didn't break my game for the 15 mins I played.

I experienced intermittent problems logging into EDMC and EDLauncher past several days. Anyone else experienced similarly?

As far as I can see, the only change to the Launcher is the removal of the "(64 bit)" suffix from the game options.

Quite why this change couldn't have waited until the update is anybody's guess but, hey-ho.

My launcher updated yesterday and since then the main part of it (where Galactic news and shop links were) is white, with browser style notification of HTTP 404 error, "webpage cannot be found".
Game launches though.
Anyone else has this issue?

My launcher updated yesterday and since then the main part of it (where Galactic news and shop links were) is white, with browser style notification of HTTP 404 error, "webpage cannot be found".
Game launches though.
Anyone else has this issue?

I've always had that happen occasionally.
Usually seems to sort itself out after a couple of days.

I had various weird things happening.

I have four ED accounts on my PC, the original bought through Steam, and 3 others via Frontier. Last night, I tried one of the alts and got a message to upgrade the launcher - which then failed to run. Same on every account except the original (which wouldn't run through Steam but wouldj still run directly).

Was considering putting in a ticket, but decided to do some tinkering first. Made copies of the working installer and got those working for the alts, then made fresh copies of the whole folder (necessary for multicrewing alts on the same PC) and got those working too.

Looks like it has a tendency to break unusual configurations.

Top Bottom