Why own one of the Passenger Liners?

@Scoob

Not sure if your questions been answered. But to summarize this thread. The luxury ships are not the "best" at exploring, as many in this thread have said there are other ships that do certain aspects better. But that's not the point of Saud Kruger ships. You're not doing it because it's "the BEST" at something. You're doing it because it's stylish, and luxurious.

You're not trying to get there fast, you're getting there in comfort. You're not showing up in an industrial looking flying gas can, you're showing up in a flying palace. Your interests are not analyzing some rock or studying nebula. It's entertaining the Elite of the Galaxy in fine dining, dancing and partying comfort all while showing off the view of the stars around you.

Let's face it, you're not out there in a Saud Kruger ship because you're trying to "get somewhere", you're out there because where you ARE, IS the place to be. You keep your friends and associates to an absolute minimum. Why? Because people knowing you is a privilege, and you knowing too many people just waters down the experience.

In short, you don't NEED the fastest ship or the farthest jump range, because you will explore at YOUR convenience, not the universe's.
That deserved more than just a like - brilliant marketing! 💯

If you are in an odd niche where you want to do passenger missions for BGS (they give 5 inf+ quite often) having an luxury cabin allows you to do any mission RNG throw at you. Beluga is an overkill, though. Orca is enough and quite neat with its decent jump range and great realspace speed. Dolphin is too small for the "any mission" business. I turned one to a small pad hauler, because it has the best optional internal space for those of us who don't have access to Cobra mk.IV. I didn't really need it, so yesterday I turned it into a personal transport with the SCO drive. 27ly jump range and extra tanks. Survived the 27 Kappa Persei challenge.

Top Bottom