Do you think you'll toss in the Twilight Pack animals? They seem small enough to fit into this park (skunk, raccoon), and the bat would be a neat addition to the Tropical House.

Love the work, by the way! Like looking at a real zoo!

Do you think you'll toss in the Twilight Pack animals? They seem small enough to fit into this park (skunk, raccoon), and the bat would be a neat addition to the Tropical House.

Love the work, by the way! Like looking at a real zoo!
Thanks! I may just add the raccoon and skunk as they fit best with the Americas theme.

Hi guys. A while back, I started working on Wild Americas again to add some of the new DLC animals. I've expanded the zoo with around 7 new species. Before I show what I've done, I want to show some changes I made to the rest of the zoo. A lot of these changes were influenced by feedback people have given me, so thanks for that.

Firstly, I reworked the alligator pool and added a more realistic slope instead of the wooden ramp I had in there before. I also replaced the huge individual I had in there with a much smaller one:

yl7lQrX.png

This one's very minor but I deleted a section of path by the cougars so that the wider path system loops:

uIU0nvQ.jpg

Speaking of which, the llama paddock is now grassed over instead of the dirt it was before:

JeyZGH0.png

The capybaras now have access to a much larger pond (thanks to feedback from @ZSHplays):

8m0VyXG.png

The beaver pool has a safety barrier around the peremeter wall, something which would definitely be there in real-life:

nicGOxw.png

And finally, the cougar pool is now less faceted:

8eTNuex.png

Moving on, let's take a look at the first new additions, the maned wolves. The expansion is around the corner from the jaguars:

Xh7hVd1.png

The maned wolves have a grassy enclosure with a shallow pond, some trees and some rocks. I added some reeds to stand in for pampas grass. Their housing can be seen at the back of the enclosure but I tried my best to disguise it with trees:

33kyXYw.png

jtM6Hnd.png

kZWPZn7.png

FtPIMQs.png

ZTVaCgS.png

ZoNfayg.png

The next set of animal exhibits are based around a building I call the Small Animal House. The animals featured here are the raccoon, striped skunk, nine-banded armadillo and Arctic fox. There's also three supplementary exhibits for Lesser Antillian iguana, Brazilian salmon pink tarantula and Brazilian wandering spider.

fPNH0w8.png

Let's take a look inside the building first:

5p4ZiRH.png

4bGRjjw.png

Raccoon indoor enclosure:

7ZJujwd.png

The exhibits for the iguana and spiders:

WGqqkiH.png

Following the path around the corner, you can get a glimpse at the Arctic foxes before being lead towards the skunks:

ciegEiq.png

Striped skunk indoor enclosure:

EeoNf3u.png

uRjRu5D.png

XGCh1Xk.png

Nine-banded armadillo indoor enclosure:

9h18CDJ.png

3ItaUrO.png

twTt0vb.png

View towards the Artic fox indoor enclosure:

HeEVmbS.png

Arctic fox indoor enclosure:

eAtxje1.png

MVmd7MH.png

Returning outside, here's the outdoor enclosures starting with the raccoon's:

NYWEe6Q.png

YOo7n0v.png

Striped skunk:

3HIoNaL.png

ClZEuxu.png

0aQah6s.png

Nine-banded armadillo:

OAfzQxe.png

Llh2yMN.png

Arctic fox:

GXcwLuO.png

5RcAUO3.png

XjXm6oh.png

JIzhjxg.png

nlgjKL8.png

Thank you for the comments folks!

In this final update (for now), I'm going to show the butterfly house and the reindeer enclosure. Starting with the butterfly house:

u6iW0xQ.png

CGT5oxG.png

9MK6rUy.png

c0HIbgt.png

aQ19zW5.png

oOZZRUo.png

8T84jMq.png

Sa6vUoo.png

And last but not least, the reindeer enclosure. I actually built this in December but haven't shown it until now as the rest of the expansion wasn't finished:

n1CR8oF.png

8cBEe5i.png

y5REIRI.png

AWS6vPC.png

That's the last update... for now. I plan on keeping this project open in case we get any new animals from the Americas (fingers crossed for some New World monkeys or birds!)

If you guys enjoyed it, maybe check out my blog (link in my signature) for a more in-depth commentary.

Thanks again

what about chester zoo edinbourgh zoo Hertfordshire zoo
The Dallas world aquarium is the only place in the world (outside latin america) where three toed sloths are actually kept, it doesn't work with the British aesthetic. Many people don't use the sloth ingame because its the wrong species for realistic collections.

Top Bottom