Will those earth like planets be landable in Odyssey?

With either a dolphin, orca, or a beluga (that would make a pretty big splash).
In any event, I seriously doubt ELW's will be up for landings any time soon.
That'll be update 9 or 10 for Odyssey.
Since this was an OLD post, let me update that:

In any event, I seriously doubt ELW's will be up for landings any time soon.
That'll be in update 200 of whatever DLC replaces Odyssey.

Not being able to land on ELWs has been something I missed from the previous games. :confused:

Attachments

• FE2.png
    FE2.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 72
  • FE3.jpg
    FE3.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 67
  • FE21.png
    FE21.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 75
I'd hope they could do something like NMS with procedurally generated ELWs. Complexity would be putting human life on the planet, but arguably you could make some lore about any planets with major cities on etc (i.e. anything more than the current planet buildings) permit access only for flight approval etc - add in some traffic going to and from the planets and job done. Next step would be procedurally generated cities which you could shuttle down to, but that might be a little excessive and fairly pointless for gameplay.

I don't think it's necessary to make the planet completely freely accessible. But they could make it so that only a certain area (around large space ports) is accessible. Or even better; that you can only visit such cities via APEX. I would be satisfied with that (for starters).

Want to lift this topic again, is there still any possibility for us to see atmospheric landings on earth like planets any time soon?
I mean, there has gone some time after the Odyssey release now and I don't know how things are going with a feature like this? But I sure would like to know if it's still on the agenda and that we, hopefully, will see it out there somewhere amongst the stars? ;)
Depends on which agenda we're talking about; the Odyssey agenda? It was never on it. The overall Elite agenda? It is but I wouldn't hold one's breath waiting for it. The next paid expansion would bring something major but right now the chorus is ship interiors. I doubt it would be both so folks need to think about what they would like to see first. Either way, it's not going to be soon.

I think that's human (monkey) nature..

All of a sudden you can stand up, so if you see chairs you want to sit down.. I could conceivably start a thread to ask for on planet yoga gameplay! :D

What got my goat is getting bars and bartenders, but no drinks..! Just another two bit fence..

Back
Top Bottom