Windows 10 crashes while playing Games

It could still be an issue with the graphics drivers.
I just don't know what version would be good, if installing older drivers.
Using DDU is recommended and I think you should block Windows from messing up with the graphics drivers, you can do that with Group Policy on W10 pro.

I'm pretty sure CPB is indeed the "Core Performance Boost" feature and that it being highlighted in red in HWiNFO just implies that it's present, but disabled.

I'm currently running Memtest on my Computer. Maybe activating Core Performance Boost could help 🤔
I should try this after Memtest
Edit: and it froze both Times I've ran Memtest😑
Of course I'm not a Expert as I've proven multiple Times but could this maybe mean that the Motherboard might need to be replaced? Maybe this also explains why the Computer sometimes refuses to start after it froze

Last edited:
I'm currently running Memtest on my Computer. Maybe activating Core Performance Boost could help 🤔
I should try this after Memtest
Edit: and it froze both Times I've ran Memtest😑

Core performance boost is almost never going to help stability.

Exactly what memtest are you trying to use?

I've used Memtest 64 https://www.techpowerup.com/memtest64/ because Memtest 86 didn't install correctly for some Reason

Memtest86 doesn't install and doesn't run in Windows. You use it to create a bootable device (usually a USB stick) and then you set your system to boot from that, upon which Memtest86 runs in a clean environment, to isolate it from software issues.

Regardless, Memtest64 (a radically different program) crashing does strongly suggest a non-software issue. That the games you've been experiencing issues with are all relatively CPU intensive leads me to suspect something is seriously misconfigured in your motherboard's firmware setup, or that it's not up to task of supplying the CPU with power (the FX-8320E is far more power hungry than it's specs suggest).

As I've already mentioned I'm also starting to think that it's a Problem with the Motherboard. I've also just had the Thought that this might be the Reason why the old Energy Cable that I've used for the SSD stopped working. So I'll mostly concentrate on finding out Stuff about the Motherboard

As I've already mentioned I'm also starting to think that it's a Problem with the Motherboard. I've also just had the Thought that this might be the Reason why the old Energy Cable that I've used for the SSD stopped working. So I'll mostly concentrate on finding out Stuff about the Motherboard

If you can take a look at that manual and tell me how similar the options shown are to what you see in your board's BIOS setup, I can walk you through some settings that I think will be a good baseline.

Thanks a lot. I hope the Computer will start now properly again so I can take a look at the BIOS
I need to look under CPU Configuration, right?

Assuming you can get into the BIOS setup, reset the defaults, and that the options in the manual are roughly the same as indicated in the manual, change the following settings (starting at page 27):

OC Tweaker stuff
  • All "spread spectrum" settings = disabled
  • AMD Turbo Core Technology = disabled
  • AMD IO C-State Support = disabled
  • Multiplier/Voltage Change = manual
  • CPU Frequency Multiplier = 16x
  • Processor Voltage = Auto (or if it insists on a figure 1.35v)
  • NB Frequency Multiplier = 10x
  • DRAM Voltage = one step higher than 1.5v, whatever that is, as long as it's less than 1.6v, otherwise leave it on 'auto'
  • Power Down Enable = disable

Advanced menu (starting on page 32)
  • Cool ‘n’ Quiet = disabled
  • Secure Virtual Machine = disabled
  • Enhance Halt State = disabled
  • Every setting in the ACPI configuration page = disabled, except for "ACPI HPET Table", which should be enabled.
  • PCI Latency Timer = 64
  • Every setting in the Super IO configuration submenu = disabled

Some of those will be in submenus. Some options may gray out others.

If I didn't list it, don't change it. If I listed an option that you're sure isn't present, don't change it.

Once you've set everything, save and exit, then see if it goes to Windows still. If it does, try Memtest64 again.

I've also just had the Thought that this might be the Reason why the old Energy Cable that I've used for the SSD stopped working.

This sounds more like a power supply issue than a motherboard issue.

Last edited:
Dr Morbad has good tips
Does sound like a config problem.

Faulty power supply? No insulating washers on MB screw mounts?
Cpu Thermal paste failure?
I was going to suggest making sure everything is seated properly physically in the motherboard.

Faulty power supply? No insulating washers on MB screw mounts?
Cpu Thermal paste failure?
I was going to suggest making sure everything is seated properly physically in the motherboard.

All worth checking out.

My current suspicion is that this old-ass budget board he's using, which officially supports the FX-8320E, has an anemic VRM (which is no doubt degraded by now on top of being not good to begin with) which can't realistically handle a 3.2-4GHz octo-core Vishera part. So I want to kick his CPU down to a fixed non-boost clock and disable anything that could cause wider current swings than necessary, to see if that resolves anything.

Ok, at least the Computer sounds now different. The Cooling seems to be more efficient now. At least it sounds like it is. Memtest64 is currently running and no Problems so far. I'll write again once I know if anything works fine or if there are still Problems
Edit: Memtest is now running since more than 10 Minutes and still no Problems. I can't wait to test later if the Games work

Last edited:
Ok, at least the Computer sounds now different. The Cooling seems to be more efficient now. At least it sounds like it is. Memtest64 is currently running and no Problems so far. I'll write again once I know if anything works fine or if there are still Problems
Edit: Memtest is now running since more than 10 Minutes and still no Problems. I can't wait to test later if the Games work

What cooler is on your CPU?

Also Memtest64 should ideally be run at least a few hours.

I don't know which Cooler it is exactly. I think it is implemented in the Graphics Card but I'm not completely sure. I think I will let Memtest run for at least 3 Hours. Maybe even longer

All worth checking out.

My current suspicion is that this old- budget board he's using, which officially supports the FX-8320E, has an anemic VRM (which is no doubt degraded by now on top of being not good to begin with) which can't realistically handle a 3.2-4GHz octo-core Vishera part. So I want to kick his CPU down to a fixed non-boost clock and disable anything that could cause wider current swings than necessary, to see if that resolves anything.
yes to all of that!

I don't know which Cooler it is exactly. I think it is implemented in the Graphics Card but I'm not completely sure.

The graphics card has it's own cooler that's independent of the one on the CPU.

Does the heatsink that's mounted to your CPU look like this?
hqdefault.jpg

That's the reference AMD FX cooler that came with most 95 and 120w rated parts.

I don't know and of course I don't want to open the PC to look while it's running Memtest but I'll let you know later

Top Bottom