Wish List from a long time player

Why would we want those? this aint Fortnite :ROFLMAO:
It's not?

cmBG6Q9.png

damn. as a long time LOTRO player who tried FF, ESO, Age of Conan, SWG (pre-SOE), etc.... how did I miss this one??
Everquest was the first, ive been playing it for over 24 years, its still going but more of a social thing now.

O7

Dude you are getting way overly dramatic. While binoculars would be handy, the game is not unplayable because you don’t have a set. Also your kid was fine 30 minutes after no seeing you walk around your ship. If you “nearly died inside” because you couldn’t give your child a tour of your ship, SPOILER ALERT: your daughter will face far greater disappoints in her life than not seeing the interior of your fictional spacecraft. You’ve been briefed.

Dude you are getting way overly dramatic. While binoculars would be handy, the game is not unplayable because you don’t have a set. Also your kid was fine 30 minutes after no seeing you walk around your ship. If you “nearly died inside” because you couldn’t give your child a tour of your ship, SPOILER ALERT: your daughter will face far greater disappoints in her life than not seeing the interior of your fictional spacecraft. You’ve been briefed.
Nah man I died inside coz I, like her, been wishing the same thing for YEARS. Sorry for not being clear.

She, on the other hand, was find the second I took her to play at the park.

On binoculars though, it's nearly unplayable for me. I know it's not a thing to many others, but me, bruh, I'm high maintenance. That's just bad game design.

I'm mixed on this. Star Citizen includes detailed interiors, which can be a blessing or curse: Yeah, its nice to have cool and interactable interiors, but other players can hide out in your vessel, murder you, and steal it. There are work-arounds of course, like clicking F11 to see if anyone is on the vessel with you. But you can't just shoot the intruder without drawing a crime stat. It also can be a real time-waster finding your way from one side of the vessel to the bridge on larger vessels. In a full PvP game, that and the animations for entering your pilot seat create vulnerabilities.

As for Elite, vessels are completely modular: Your Anaconda may be configured for mining, combat, hauling goods, exploration, or hauling folks. All of that would necessitate an ability to be rendered in-game to suspend disbelief that you're actually in your own vessel, vice some vanilla version available to everyone - not sure FDEV could pull that off. I have a FC, and the layout is the same as that of every other Commander's FC - so the cool-factor wears off pretty quickly when running through it. If FDEV decided to make those more personalized and modular, they'd face similar challenges as with smaller vessels.

... my .02 after taxes anyhow.

I don't see the problem with modules. They would be the same for every ship, they have standardized sizes.

Top Bottom