Wishlist where everything is allowed?

Hi everyone!

Looking at the different wishlists that are run for the game (habitat, exhibits, birds…) it occurred to me that it might be beneficial to have a wishlist where everything was allowed!

I know that initially limitations were put into place to ensure the suggested animals on the "main wishlist" fit into the current gameplay and are realistic additions, which makes sense!

But would it be interesting to see (and maybe even for frontier to know) where things like flying birds, new exhibit animals and fully aquatic animals would stand on peoples lists when put up against the regular habitat animals we know and love? I know for me birds would be higher up then most non-flying habitat animals!

Basically: would the tassie keep its crown when macaws enter the ring xD

And I mean if people crave a unicorn and a dodo more than any other thing in the game, wouldn’t it be good to know?

Has anyone thought to do this? Has it been done and drowned in the forums? Is there a big con to it that I’m not seeing? Would (for you personally) the habitat animals outrank the rest anyway?

I think the total number of animals per person would have to be high(er) of course and might have to allow something like "small fish" as an entry, because we wouldn’t know how frontier would realize those, but comparing the demand of that vs other animals would still be interesting!

Don’t think I’m testing the waters for starting such a list here, I wouldn’t want to do this anyway because I’m the least organized person there is 🤣🤣 I‘m mostly wondering why this hasn’t been done yet!

There are character limits for posts, and voting for anything would make the list too big to fit. Also, it seems kind of chaotic and difficult to interpret. What would be the point of pitting Tasmanian Devils against macaws when one is bound for a habitat and the other is almost certainly going into a walkthrough exhibit? They aren't really competing with each other. Keeping track of all of the species in the habitat list is difficult enough without introducing exhibit animals. I've learned about many habitat species over the course of doing this, but I would not want to complicate it further.

There are character limits for posts, and voting for anything would make the list too big to fit. Also, it seems kind of chaotic and difficult to interpret. What would be the point of pitting Tasmanian Devils against macaws when one is bound for a habitat and the other is almost certainly going into a walkthrough exhibit? They aren't really competing with each other. Keeping track of all of the species in the habitat list is difficult enough without introducing exhibit animals. I've learned about many habitat species over the course of doing this, but I would not want to complicate it further.
Thank you for your reply!!
I see the character limit as an issue, didn't even think of that :D The aspect of actually managing such a list in practice is of course more than valid, who'd know if not you!
Hope this didn't sound like a critique towards the existing wishlists, it's not at all! I guess my thoughts were more of a "I wonder what people would pick"-nature :D

Even if it's not doable, I still think it'd hypothetically be interesting! In a pack they might not compete for the exact same spot as you said, but the idea is exactly to see how they do when they compete with one another in peoples priorities for them, I guess? Lets say everyone gets to pick 20 animals, what I'd find interesting to see is how many of these would be birds/fully aquatic/exhibit to see where peoples priorities are? Or are fish a 'nice to have but I still want the monkeys more'?
If I had to choose between more regular habitat animals and birds, I know for me birds would win :D There isn't really a way to see this when lists are devided. When I pick 20 habitat animals, 20 birds and 20 fish in different lists, there is no way to know which one of these I actually want the most, I picked 60 favorites, not 20, you know what I mean?

Maybe people wouldn't pick any exhibit animals or maybe everyone would just pick a Chameleon, but then it would outrank many habitat species in peoples priorities but show that other exhibits can't keep up with the habitat animals.

Another thing would be extinct species, maybe an overwhelming amount of people would like them, but if we do a seperate list of them, there is now way to know if people would prefer a "extinct animals pack" over a regular one. (Hypothetically because I don't think there is that demand, but who knows :D Same idea applies to a bird/aquarium DLC :D)

Top Bottom