Game Discussions X4 this looks Very good

Deleted member 182079

D
Gosh.

Is that a developer of a space game developing a DLC that expands and improves the space game?

I thought that wasn't allowed. 😉
And look at that shocking price they're trying to sell that for! (I'm taking Navigare's word for it ftr)

Has this game improved the laggy one core issue yet?
I haven't played since buying the earth DLC, due to poor performance.
ryzen 7 3700x
gtx 1060
32g ram
1TB nvme drive
New game, pilot my ship, get our of chair, boom FPS dies. Get back in chair, fps ok.
Same when walking in stations (looking at you, elevators).
Same when saving game.
I can see one core maxxing out @ 100%, the rest are doing nothing when I perform these actions.
Yes, I've jumped through the graphics settings hoops, from trying windowless to adjusting AA settings, to everything else google brings up.

Has this game improved the laggy one core issue yet?
I haven't played since buying the earth DLC, due to poor performance.
ryzen 7 3700x
gtx 1060
32g ram
1TB nvme drive
New game, pilot my ship, get our of chair, boom FPS dies. Get back in chair, fps ok.
Same when walking in stations (looking at you, elevators).
Same when saving game.
I can see one core maxxing out @ 100%, the rest are doing nothing when I perform these actions.
Yes, I've jumped through the graphics settings hoops, from trying windowless to adjusting AA settings, to everything else google brings up.
I've only noticed framerate issues in some random locations, usually around asteroids, but it's very rare and the camera has to be looking at just the right angle. It never made sense to me because it's not the most draw-intensive scene I've encountered (I've been in higher polygon count situations and get a solid 60 fps vsynced).

FWIW, I usually play on my 1080p laptop screen. When I try on my 4K TV, I do see a performance hit, but nothing below 30 fps.

I've only noticed framerate issues in some random locations, usually around asteroids, but it's very rare and the camera has to be looking at just the right angle. It never made sense to me because it's not the most draw-intensive scene I've encountered (I've been in higher polygon count situations and get a solid 60 fps vsynced).

FWIW, I usually play on my 1080p laptop screen. When I try on my 4K TV, I do see a performance hit, but nothing below 30 fps.
What are your specs?
Everything I've read about this issue usually relates to newer AMD CPUs. Seems intel chips with higher clock speeds and less cores perform better.

What are your specs?
Everything I've read about this issue usually relates to newer AMD CPUs. Seems intel chips with higher clock speeds and less cores perform better.
Yeah, I'm on an Intel. i7 something or another with a GeForce 1660ti. My video card has no problem running most games smoothly at 1080 with high to ultra settings, including X4 (and I've been in massive battles).

What are your specs?

I've never had a problem running on my Ryzen 7 3800X / 1080Ti / 32GB system.

Saying that though, I'm not an FPS nerd. I don't run FPS checkers and panic if it goes below 60fps at any point - I just go by the feel and responsiveness of the game. It seems fine to me. 🤷‍♀️

Mine's choppy like there's no tomorrow - a slideshow - when leaving the seat and looking around, or entering the elevator.
I'm also on linux, maybe the patch hasn't been optimised for it. When they first released the game on linux, it ran beautifully.
When I look at the X4 forums, I see I'm not alone in this.

I suspect it might be a Linux thing then, though that one has always been reported as running even better than the native Win counterpart. An issue like you describe clearly is some kind of bug and nothing to do with general performances and/or core usage, or else everyone would be unable to play and the Devs headquarters would be in literal flames. Always ran relatively smooth since launch, notably improved over time, overly crowded situations will put any system on its knees eventually since there's no upper limit to how much stuff can happen. I could play more than decently on an old i7-4790, it's butter smooth most of the time on my current 5600X even inside foggy asteroid fields. GPU is secondary in this game, I have a 1060, anything from that going up will be more than enough for decent performances.

Worth a shot over at their forums to get some feedback on that one.

That was a really good interview, thank you for posting it.

X4 confirmed working on the Steam Deck. That's great news. 🧡

I agree, I watched the whole thing. As I was watching I couldn't help but think how ED would have evolved if ED's main person was as approachable and willing to be interviewed like that. I am deeply entrenched in the X verse with X:R and X4; and now Tides of Avarice comes out. Very nice.

Sometimes my gamepad has that issue where it makes your view spin around continuously, then I quit the game. But sometimes it doesn't, which is what I found last night. I walked around a bit and then saw a ship land, so I went to it, and climbed up into the cockpit. The pilot took off, and so I just tagged along for about 20 minutes. She took the space highway thing then got into a dogfight. I enjoyed the free ride. Nice.
It'd be amazing if that was possible in EDO, but I wouldn't expect that.
Glad to see them talking about multiplayer. I dont encounter a lot of folks in ED, but just knowing I can is a big plus so likewise with this. Hearing it's not up to their wants before releasing it makes me think it must be quite a headache. It also makes me wonder what ED would have been like if it was single player, and didn't have that headache.

I fired up X4 over the weekend after taken a couple months break, and I forgot how to do half the things in this game. I accidentally fired torpedoes at a friendly ship and logged back out again without saving, LOL. This is an amazing game, but I have to be in a "committed" mood to play it. I just haven't been lately for whatever reason. It'll probably take me a good hour to retrain my muscle memory and basic understanding of things like arranging fleets and issuing trade orders.

I was also reminded how the small and even medium ships feel "massless" compared to a game like Space Engineers. Are there any mods that balance the acceleration curves to make ships feel a bit more realistic?

I know this is x4 stuff ... but well ... here goes

Still playing XR and finally started getting comfy with the UI, knowing the map, and making money (especially making money).
The fun really got a boost after I added 800mill to my account. I've bought two cap ships, one for trade and a "destroyer". I'll buy more soon, most likely one or two XL traders will be next so they can start adding credits. I have not tried mining yet but it looks more difficult than in X4; mining is easy money in X4 imho.

For me XR is more hands-on play where X4 steers me to do more fleet management (map time). I like the XR stations and systems; lots of nice scenery. I don't do VR, but XR is VR iirc.

Bump

For me XR is more hands-on play where X4 steers me to do more fleet management (map time). I like the XR stations and systems; lots of nice scenery. I don't do VR, but XR is VR iirc.

And that was exactly its scope. ;)
XR doesn't come with VR on its own, you need to buy a separate version for it (with greatly reduced stations, ships and npc to make it run lighter, but as far as I can remember there were mods to re-enable all the cut content). But it's still nice they made it.

Update 5.00 and next DLC coming soon, there are bits of interesting stuff in the beta already...

...like the player's HQ personal office. About time, at last!

20220125000105_1.jpg

20220125000113_1.jpg

(Sorry for the hud, enthusiasm got me distracted)

...also, the Manticore tug ship for the new scrap recycling gameplay.

20220125002500_1.jpg

And I didn't take pics (yet) of the new updated "E" variants of the terrible old Paranid capitals but...yes, they are good.

And that was exactly its scope. ;)
XR doesn't come with VR on its own, you need to buy a separate version for it (with greatly reduced stations, ships and npc to make it run lighter, but as far as I can remember there were mods to re-enable all the cut content). But it's still nice they made it.

Update 5.00 and next DLC coming soon, there are bits of interesting stuff in the beta already...

...like the player's HQ personal office. About time, at last!

20220125000105_1.jpg

20220125000113_1.jpg

(Sorry for the hud, enthusiasm got me distracted)

...also, the Manticore tug ship for the new scrap recycling gameplay.

20220125002500_1.jpg

And I didn't take pics (yet) of the new updated "E" variants of the terrible old Paranid capitals but...yes, they are good.

I haven't really delved into the patch notes or the Beta of 5.0, but maybe you can help me out here: Are ventures back in the game?

Top Bottom