You are not currently subscribed to any channels in this group????

View attachment 192678
It's been stuck this way for much of the weekend now, through multiple logins and reboots. I've tried all the different settings (full right icon in chat panel), and nothing fixes this. Maybe I should be thankful, since system chat can be the dregs, but sometimes it is a fun place to hang out during these long, repetitive, boring supercruise runs.
Is everyone STILL having this issue from 3 months ago?!?! Only one available is local. No system chat, no squadron chat, no wing chat. What the actual expletive deleted?

Last night I thought, very tentatively, that I might have found a workaround for this.

Simply logging into different server types. I logged out from my private group into open and the chat came back. However, sadly, it was just a coincidence; because - surprise, surprise - today my chats are disappeared again and no matter which server I log into or how many times they do not come back.

This is now the longest I've been affected by this bug (five consecutive days) and it's pretty much a tragedy at this point. If they can't fix this, I'm not going to be playing for much longer. No matter how much I love many parts of this game, it is not worth this frustration.

People who say they just move to Discord or whatever, it's good we can do that, but it does not excuse this issue and it is not a fair alternative for having the chat in -game.

Last night I thought, very tentatively, that I might have found a workaround for this.

Simply logging into different server types. I logged out from my private group into open and the chat came back. However, sadly, it was just a coincidence; because - surprise, surprise - today my chats are disappeared again and no matter which server I log into or how many times they do not come back.

This is now the longest I've been affected by this bug (five consecutive days) and it's pretty much a tragedy at this point. If they can't fix this, I'm not going to be playing for much longer. No matter how much I love many parts of this game, it is not worth this frustration.

People who say they just move to Discord or whatever, it's good we can do that, but it does not excuse this issue and it is not a fair alternative for having the chat in -game.
No, it does not excuse the bug. But, we have long been accustomed to living with Frontier's failings... :(

68094159.jpg

Even still.... discord or external communications does not connect you with other cmdrs in the system.

Its extremely unfortunate that this looks like another fall by the wayside issue

Surely, if Frontier want Odyssey to be a success - if they want this game to continue being a sucess - they can't ignore the increasing numbers of people who can't communicate with each other in the game?!

It should be issue primero uno, absolute defcon 5, red alert, man battle stations...

Seven consecutive days of suffering from this bug. Am I the only one?! I never had it for this long before. In that time I've been all over the place in-game, so location has no bearing. I don't understand how only a select part of the playerbase is suffering from this, unless some are just ignoring it or not even aware of it because they don't use Comms.
But I have heard reports of this exact issue across PS4, Xbox and PC.

Odyssey is not going to matter much to me if I can't communicate. This may not be a subscription game but I feel that is an injustice not just to the players but also the people who put their soul into making this game if Frontier continue to ignore it.

Please, do something about it - at least acknowledge it to give me some hope it might be fixed...

I think at this point, they are more likely to write in a "story update" as to why everyone in the galaxy has become mute to solve the complaint issue rather than actually fix the problem.

Just here to say, this is still occuring to me, although less frequently. It seems to peak when there are more players online, for example during the Epic free giveaway, I lost these comms channels for a couple of weeks or more.

Frontier, please make this on your list of things to fix in Odyssey. It definitely puts me off playing.

Oh! My system chat is down too. Wondered why it was quiet. Got local and other tabs but not system. I'm in vr I rarely partake in chat anyways. But its nice to listen to the gobbing off in well known miner spots or deciat etc

View attachment 192678
It's been stuck this way for much of the weekend now, through multiple logins and reboots. I've tried all the different settings (full right icon in chat panel), and nothing fixes this. Maybe I should be thankful, since system chat can be the dregs, but sometimes it is a fun place to hang out during these long, repetitive, boring supercruise runs.
Been happening to me on and off for over a month.

Hopefully, with the Odyssey expansion, they will add lip reading since they cant seem to fix chat. Then again, they would probably add lip reading but not include a clear helmet visor. shrug

It was working last night at the CG. First time I ever saw so many people talking in system chat. But today it isn't working for me.

Top Bottom