Your dream small exhibit pack!? : What would your choices be?

I'm fairly new to Planet Zoo, so forgive me if this thread has existed before. But I thought it would be fun to throw this concept out there for those who really want more small exhibit content.
So imagine this, there is a new dlc based on small exhibits, with a whopping 10 new species...

3 Reptiles
3 Amphibians
2 Small mammals
2 Insects

What would your top choices be? and what would their little terrain look like?!

I think my choices would be!...
3 Reptiles: Andaman day gecko, some kind of vine snake, panther chameleon.
3 Amphibians: alpine newt, some kind of dendrobate, Darwin's frog.
2 Small mammals: Long eared hedgehog, Sugar glider.
2 Insects: some kind of mantis, some kind of water beetle might be cool.

& maybe on some of the appropriate animals, when you drop the animal into the exhibit, the exhibit would have mesh instead of glass (chameleons, glider etc)
:) Hope to hear some ideas !
PS> EDIT: feel free to switch up the concept of a small exhibit pack if you have other ideas! e.g number of each species from each group included

Interesting. I don't think we've done something like this before. Ok, here we go:

• Reptiles
    1. Panther chameleon - tropical environment. Can have up to 5, no more. Obviously climbers, so something kinda like what the yellow anaconda has in-game
    2. Copperhead - temperate environment. Can have up to 5. Since this is a ground dwelling snake, feature a lot of plants and branches on the ground. No tree in the middle
    3. Madagascan day gecko - tropical environment. 4 in an enclosure. Something along the lines of what the giant tiger land snails has, with the bamboo
  • Amphibians
    • Strawberry poison frog - tropical environment. Can have up to 5. Same setup as the other poison frogs
    • Caecilian - aquatic environment. Can have up to 5. Similar setup to the axolotl
    • Fire-bellied toad - aquatic, temperate and tropical environments. Can have 5. Setup would be like how the African bullfrog is currently, maybe add some more pools of water (as they, ironically, aren't great swimmers and need to rest)
  • Mammals
    • Naked mole rat - desert and grassland environments. It'd use a unique system where it has a barren top and the terrarium is mostly filled with soil, with many tunnels for the rats to walk though. Can have up to 15 in-game (for gameplay purposes)
    • Indian flying fox - the largest bat would need the new WE. Tropical/cave environment. Can have up to 20
  • Invertebrates
    • Praying mantis - a classic. Temperate, grassland, tropical environments. Can have 5 (since the cage is so big it wouldn't matter, right?). Setup like the giant tiger land snail
    • Gooty sapphire tarantula - despite my arachnophobia, these are nice. Tropical environment. Can have 3

Interesting. I don't think we've done something like this before. Ok, here we go:

• Reptiles
    1. Panther chameleon - tropical environment. Can have up to 5, no more. Obviously climbers, so something kinda like what the yellow anaconda has in-game
    2. Copperhead - temperate environment. Can have up to 5. Since this is a ground dwelling snake, feature a lot of plants and branches on the ground. No tree in the middle
    3. Madagascan day gecko - tropical environment. 4 in an enclosure. Something along the lines of what the giant tiger land snails has, with the bamboo
  • Amphibians
    • Strawberry poison frog - tropical environment. Can have up to 5. Same setup as the other poison frogs
    • Caecilian - aquatic environment. Can have up to 5. Similar setup to the axolotl
    • Fire-bellied toad - aquatic, temperate and tropical environments. Can have 5. Setup would be like how the African bullfrog is currently, maybe add some more pools of water (as they, ironically, aren't great swimmers and need to rest)
  • Mammals
    • Naked mole rat - desert and grassland environments. It'd use a unique system where it has a barren top and the terrarium is mostly filled with soil, with many tunnels for the rats to walk though. Can have up to 15 in-game (for gameplay purposes)
    • Indian flying fox - the largest bat would need the new WE. Tropical/cave environment. Can have up to 20
  • Invertebrates
    • Praying mantis - a classic. Temperate, grassland, tropical environments. Can have 5 (since the cage is so big it wouldn't matter, right?). Setup like the giant tiger land snail
    • Gooty sapphire tarantula - despite my arachnophobia, these are nice. Tropical environment. Can have 3
hi5 on the panther chameleon and mantis. I'd also be just as happy with an appearance of the madagascan day gecko, strawberry poison frog, copperhead, caecilian, fire bellied toad and naked mole rat! Great choices. I appreciate your small summaries on each of your choices! Wouldn't it be great to see a small sample of dramatic colour variations in a panther chameleon addition?

Wouldn't it be great to see a small sample of dramatic colour variations in a panther chameleon addition?
Totally. I've never seen a panther chameleon in rea life, only online. The closest I've gotten were veiled chameleons being sold at a local Petco; although I couldn't care for them (too advanced), watching them eat and change color was exciting, and if chameleons are ever added in-game I'd love to see them eat and change color

King Cobra would be amazing! I'd be so happy with that!
a blue poison dart frog too would be very welcome.
We're the same on the mammals!, though i'd go for the long eared hedgehog rather than the common! :)

4 Reptiles:
chameleon
Tokay gecko
Frilled necked lizard

3 Amphibians:
Surinam toad
Budgett’s or tomato frog
Giant salamander

2 Small mammals:
hedgehog
sugar glider

2 Insects:
mantis
Hercules beetle

The ones missing for me are...

1. Reptiles
- King cobra
- Panther Chameleon
- Tokay or leopard gecko
- Tuatara
- Emerald tree boa
- Green anaconda (with the new size it will be possible)
- Aligator snapping turtle
- mata mata
- Plumed basilisk
- Any anole

2. Amphibians
- Blue poison dart frog
- Argentinian horned frog
- Giant chinese/japanese salamander/hellbender
- Desert rain frog
- Green tree frog

4. Mammals
- Rodriguez flying fox
- Vampire bat
- Hondurian white bat
- Tarsier
- Slow loris
- Two toed sloth
- Naked mole rat
- Sugar glider
- Star nose mole

5. Insects
- Black widow
- Rhinoceros / hercules beetle
- Praying / orchid mantis
- Stick insect
- Termites (new exhibit type like a termite mound with a view inside)
- Ants colonies
- Butterflies (walkthrough exhibit with different species to choose from)
- Honey bee colony

Sorry i just listed the things i want and not a pack lol

Reptiles:
  • King Cobra
  • Northern Caiman Lizard
  • Chinese Crocodile Lizard
Amphibians:
  • Chinese Giant Salamander
  • Suriname Horned Frog
  • Reticulated Glass Frog
Mammals:
  • Naked Mole Rat
  • Hoffmann's Two-Toed Sloth (walkthrough)
Invertebrates:
  • Giant Weta
  • Malagasy Stick Insect

3 Reptiles
  1. Chameleon (any, prob veiled)
  2. Rainbow boa or olive python
  3. Frilled neck lizard
3 Amphibians
  1. Corroborree frog
  2. Archey's frog
  3. Tiger salamander
2 Small mammals
  1. Sugar glider
  2. Two toed sloth (they don't move enough for a habitat)
2 Insects
  1. Lord Howe stick insect
  2. Weta
I was going to put Chinese Giant salamander, but I would rather that one an exhibit so I could build a nice enclosure for it. Same with all turtle/tortoise species, I want them to be enclosure species to build ponds and lakes with them.

Last edited:
This is also a good inbetween spot for several animals that have had an "exhibit or habitat" discussion.This applies to some but not all of the below.

Reptiles -

King Cobra
Jacksons or Panther Chameleon
Frilled Lizard
Snapping Alligator Turtle

Mammals -

Sloth (of any species, I think this may be a really good spot for them)
Naked Mole Rat
Golden Lion Tamarin
Numbat (smaller than a meerkat or prairie dog, this may be a good spot for them as well)
Vampire Bat

Insects -

Butterflies of assorted color. I know this isn't really fair to lump in a whole bunch together, but I wouldn't want to have just one color of butterfly.

Going with 4 reptiles and 2 amphibians here because there's a lot more reptiles I want and because I'm a bit amphibianed-out after getting 4 in a row.

4 reptiles:
1. Tuatara
2. Jackson's Chameleon
3. Frilled Lizard
4. Green Tree Python

2 amphibians:
1. Australian Green Tree Frog
2. Hellbender

2 small mammals:
1. Ghost Bat
2. Hoffmann's Two-toed Sloth

2 arthropods:
1. Giant African Millipede
2. Lord Howe Island Stick Insect

My choices are:

Amphibians
Axolotl
Hellbender
Green tree frog

Reptiles
Leatherback sea turtle
Green tree python
Cuban rock iguana

Small Mammals
Aye-aye
Indian giant squirrel

Invertebrates
Moon jellyfish
Butterfly – various types
Honey bee

I'm going to stick to the total number but ignore the differentiation - honestly I don't want any small mammals besides the bats and maybe a sloth (seriously people, almost all of the ones listed so far could very easily be perfectly-functioning habitat animals - why restrict them to the exhibits? Golden lion tamarins? Really?), and I'm only short one amphibian to be completely done with them, too.

So for a list of ten exhibit animals I'd love:
  1. Tuatara (easily the number one spot. Not only does it represent my country (NZ), it is also the only reptile family not represented in the game (as they are not lizards, but rather rhynchocephalians).
  2. Central bearded dragon (a mainstay of Australian sections due to how easy it is to access on the market).
  3. Scheltopusik (the European legless lizard - as close to a snake as New Zealand can legally keep in captivity).
  4. Madagascar day gecko (big enough to notice).
  5. Jackson's chameleon (a smaller species but again, the only one kept in NZ, and I just love their horns).
  6. African giant millipede.
  7. Asian giant mantis.
  8. Goliath stick insect (Lord Howe is more likely but this is the one I'd prefer).
  9. Little red flying fox (a wee Australian bat kept in Auckland Zoo).
  10. Japanese fire-bellied newt (my favourite amphibian; I used to keep them before the baby came along).

Panther Chameleon
Brazilian Rainbow Boa
Pancake Tortoise
Rough-scaled Bush Viper
Tomato Frog
Suriname Toad
Naked Mole-rat
Senegal/Mohol Bushbaby
Giant African Millipede
Orchid Mantis

Honorable mention for the King Cobra, but I really think it would suit a larger sized terrarium than what's currently in game. I feel weird about the exhibit size for the iguanas, anaconda, and boa in game right now. A larger exhibit variant, or even better, a system for building custom exhibit sizes and shapes, would be a huge boon for the game.

PS> EDIT: feel free to switch up the concept of a small exhibit pack if you have other ideas! e.g number of each species from each group included
Great idea, I will make use of this freedom. I'm a big fan of amphibians but I think we don't need another 3 as much as other groups.

5 Reptiles: any chameleon, any cobra, any Testudo tortoise, New Caledonia giant gecko, tuatara
1 Amphibian: Chinese giant salamander
2 Small mammals: any sloth, any squirrel
2 Insects: Giant Asian mantis and colony of leafcutter ants

1. Two toed sloth (they don't move enough for a habitat)
I would highly recommend people who requested two-toed sloths as exhibit animals to take a look at the following posts, as I think their speed both on the ground as well as when climbing might surprise you:
When we think of sloths, we tend to think of three-toed, but in reality, the two aren't even closely related. Therefore, the perception we have of sloths and their physical constraints may not apply to every case.

Top Bottom