Your first flight in the Sidewinder? What to expect?

definitely going srv, just cause i've heard you can get easy planetary missions that are on asellus, which means a little extra pocket money for my DBX

i don't mind cat and mouse chases through asteroids, but if i get killed by someone more than 3 times on day 1 i won't be happy. i will need to practice my reverse parking

Do I need to remove you from my friends list? :D

I don't want you hunting me down on day one.

I kid I kid! Wings are much more fun than solo piracy anyway. However anyone who might want a few friendly duels, I could use some improvement. Incorporating flight assist off into my combat is my next big hurdle.

Last edited:
I kid I kid! Wings are much more fun than solo piracy anyway. However anyone who might want a few friendly duels, I could use some improvement. Incorporating flight assist off into my combat is my next big hurdle.

toggling flight assist during turns is great when you've some little zippy flyer you need to target :) I wouldn't leave it on all the time though

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
toggling flight assist during turns is great when you've some little zippy flyer you need to target :) I wouldn't leave it on all the time though

I tried this but couldn't seem to work the throttle out as it all went to pot when putting flight assist back on, is there some nack to it?

I tried this but couldn't seem to work the throttle out as it all went to pot when putting flight assist back on, is there some nack to it?

It seems to me that while in the heat of combat, you would only go for it for a sharp turn. Maybe use a boost to help that turn quicker? (maybe?) Not worrying a hell of alot about what direction the ship is actually travelling as you will allow the ship to readjust for you when FA on is back.

You should be able to mimic most of the moves that would be an advantage with FA off while having it on. It's only real advantage of it being that you can travel as the true full speed that the ship can maintain and turning is much quicker. Even so I'll be trying my luck around the belts with fa off to try get used to it.

Last edited:
It seems to me that while in the heat of combat, you would only go for it for a sharp turn. Maybe use a boost to help that turn quicker? (maybe?) Not worrying a hell of alot about what direction the ship is actually travelling as you will allow the ship to readjust for you when FA on is back.

You should be able to mimic most of the moves that would be an advantage with FA off while having it on. It's only real advantage of it being that you can travel as the true full speed that the ship can maintain and turning is much quicker. Even so I'll be trying my luck around the belts with fa off to try get used to it.

for me flight assist off reminds me of space jousting in elite 2

You state in part "going to pot" like it's a bad thing. One of my main reason's for retiring and relocating to Mexico was due to the ever increasing cost of "Pot" (Only $600 a kilo here for us locals). Retired and living on a fixed income, one could say, I am simply, Going to pot. LOL

Slightly related :)
It wasn't so easy in Elite Plus in the early 90's either. But the learning curve is steep. But I found a video that really illustrates this frustration but in a humorous way.

* video below.

I had a good laugh, especially when I remember almost doing the same thing that this guy did my 3rd time exiting a rotating station. Anyway, I figured it would be hard when I started on release day of 2014. But that was fine. I said, "I don't need no stinking training missions. Look out galaxy, here I come." Unfortunately, the galaxy said, "Great, another insignificant speck with delusions of grandeur." :D

[video=youtube;7ycMH-oBpC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ycMH-oBpC8[/video]
(the vid wasn't playing nice with the quote tags).

Last edited:
i think i soiled my pants when I read the info that the game comes finally to ps4..

three years.. three whole years and finally I will be able to not only look at stars but also jump too fast too near and burst my canopy..

oh lol, my account is here since 2015... so for this forum its only 2 years but you only want to write so much about a game you cant play..
at least didn't forget my password

Last edited:
First day in game will look something like this...

[video=youtube;NfJK-6fZMGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfJK-6fZMGc&index=2&list=LLL0KXds6kmzTy0XRL8rdDbQ[/video]

Last edited:
Top Bottom