Your Least Favourite Ship

LOL i dislike all the 'ships' in ED.

They're all incredibly frustrating and disappointing, in the same way. Never had a moment's fun in any of them.

Every attempt i've made to enjoy any of them has driven me back to FFE.

They do look nice, from what little i've been able to see of them, although i can only recognise one or two.

To try 'pilot' any of them tho, is an exercise in futility. Roll, pitch, top speed, boost, repeat. FSD = no clipping mode, with weird & unintuitive velocity control, and no autopilot. All identical. All utterly useless, joyless junk, each and every one.

So in all honesty, 'my' ship, with which i am bonded for life and which is a living, breathing extension of my decrepit self, is a humble old Mk1 Viper. Beat-up ex-police model. It's got a class 3 military drive, 1 MW beam laser, two shield generators, an energy booster unit, naval ECM, scanner, nav computer, 4 missile hardpoints, no ' speed limit and it can literally run rings around the 'best' ships ED has to offer. Admittedly, so can the crummiest ship in any of the previous two games, but none would do it whilst looking so awesome as my trusty ex-galcop rustbucket:

myship.png

myship2.png

...from way back when Elite was all about full piloting freedom, in ships that were actually capable of basic spaceflight!

Seriously wish i could take her for a spin in ED, in open... ah the chaos i could unleash..

A tie between the Python and the FDL, can't stand either of them.

FDL for sure. The Python is a beauty when colored or black. The FDS is a master piece except were the big tail fins join the body. If you look from the top you can see all the way through the ship but other that that I can look at it hours and I probably have.

I just got a Python after about a year between an AspX and a Vulture for all my BGS needs. The Python after first blush and an A-rating feels pretty soulless.

I took had been using an AspX and Vulture. When I first got a Python I very much felt like this, even when everything was A rated. So I quickly sold it again........

Oddly, that's close to the opposite of how I feel about the Python.

.....however I brought another one 6 months or so later and stuck with it for a bit and engineered it. Now I would say its my main ship, great for mission running.

FDL for sure. The Python is a beauty when colored or black. The FDS is a master piece except were the big tail fins join the body. If you look from the top you can see all the way through the ship but other that that I can look at it hours and I probably have.

Iv tried to like the Python, Iv bought and sold 3. I just always end up hating the thing. It's probably the best PvE ship but I'm more of a PvP pirate and the Python is just too slow, handles like a dump truck and is an impossible to miss target.

The T9 and, likewise, the T10. It lacks any clear design philosophy, speaking visually. It's like someone just drew a random bulky shape and then rolled dice to decide which is forward or backward, and added thrusters and a cockpit to the existing bulk. Compare that with the T7, my favourite of the Lakon freighter designs - it is also boxy, bulky, but it looks much more like designed with clear intent beyond "I don't care, just make it bulky".

I really dislike the Chieftain because it looks so ugly and is also another "whatever" ship in the ELITE universe. D:

Top Bottom