Blua Eaec PQ-J b39-23 A 1 cmdr negneg.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Blua Eaec PQ-J b39-23 A 1 cmdr negneg 2.jpg
    Blua Eaec PQ-J b39-23 A 1 cmdr negneg 2.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 61
System: AEMOST XJ-Z E7547
Planet: B 12
Cmdr: Rawrsome
My first ringed Earthlike world I found on a trip home from Beagle Point. Even has a handy Neutron charge as you enter the system!

Attachments

• Screenshot_0007.jpg
    Screenshot_0007.jpg
    527 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_0008.jpg
    Screenshot_0008.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_0006.jpg
    Screenshot_0006.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 64
Greetings Commanders,

Explorers venture into the depths of space and discover beautiful systems that most will never see. We would like to offer you the opportunity to share your best discoveries and be immortalised in Elite Dangerous.

Our plan is to place approximately 50 additional Tourist Beacons throughout the Milky Way. Therefore, we’re running this competition in-line with this week’s exploration-based Community Goal.

To enter, reply to this post with an in-system (not System Map) screenshot of the most interesting unpopulated systems containing an Earth-like world you can find! When the Community Goal ends on 30 September, we’ll choose our favourites and add Tourist Beacons to those locations. Each beacon will feature the entrant’s Commander name in its text!

To qualify, submissions must:
  • Feature a screenshot of an unpopulated system in Elite Dangerous which contains an Earth-like world
  • Include your in-game Commander name
  • Include the name of the screenshotted system
Note: Only one submission will be accepted per player. If you submit multiple screenshots, the last one will be considered your only valid entry. Entries after 14:00 BST on 30 September will not be counted. We reserve the right not to include any Commander names in Tourist Beacon text that we deem inappropriate.

While the system must contain an Earth-like world, it doesn’t have to be the focus of the image. Try to show off as many features as you can which make the system interesting and a strong potential tourist destination!

All winning entries will receive 5,000 ARX in addition to the Tourist Beacon, so get exploring!

Good luck

O7

Schee Flyi OZ-O e6-151​

this system is known as the 'Divinity Nebula', but many neglect to take the time to go and visit the equally divine ELW with a ring. Name a better tourist location than a ringed ELW in a beautifully coloured planetary nebula. The system near the center of the galaxy and therefore brimming with stars. To make matters even more exciting, the system features a neutron star in the heart of it. A mere 32 ships have ever passed through it, myself included, and I think this is the ideal opportunity to turn this into a beautiful, scenic destination, only a slight detour on the path from Colonia to Sagittarius A*.

My commander name is Southclaw3, and I present to you, the Divine Earth

Attachments

• 20210905221006_1.jpg
    20210905221006_1.jpg
    930.8 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Commander name: Kzak
System Name: BYUA AERB HG-Y D19
Description: An Earth-like world around a massive 12.8 billion year old MS-class carbon star with 29 solar radii, ca 13k LY from Earth. The Earth-like world, the 5th and outermost planet, is as distant from the star as Saturn is from Sol. This is an extremely rare find, when I discovered this ELW it was the 2nd to be found around carbon stars in Elite. In the time up until present day, a few more have been found.

In addition to the Earth-like world, the system has three terraformable worlds, of which one is a moon to another terraformable planet. The solar system is pretty much midway between Sol and Sagittarius A*, and offers a pleasant view of the galaxy's denser regions below itself. The solar system might also be a suitable location for an observatory.

Screenshot:
79B32C70AAF564260FD0A409720C33FA3B77BACF

System Map:
57688B6B7F4B6BE9E8957244B5AC0D78B8A06AA0

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

Explorers venture into the depths of space and discover beautiful systems that most will never see. We would like to offer you the opportunity to share your best discoveries and be immortalised in Elite Dangerous.

Our plan is to place approximately 50 additional Tourist Beacons throughout the Milky Way. Therefore, we’re running this competition in-line with this week’s exploration-based Community Goal.

To enter, reply to this post with an in-system (not System Map) screenshot of the most interesting unpopulated systems containing an Earth-like world you can find! When the Community Goal ends on 30 September, we’ll choose our favourites and add Tourist Beacons to those locations. Each beacon will feature the entrant’s Commander name in its text!

To qualify, submissions must:
  • Feature a screenshot of an unpopulated system in Elite Dangerous which contains an Earth-like world
  • Include your in-game Commander name
  • Include the name of the screenshotted system
Note: Only one submission will be accepted per player. If you submit multiple screenshots, the last one will be considered your only valid entry. Entries after 14:00 BST on 30 September will not be counted. We reserve the right not to include any Commander names in Tourist Beacon text that we deem inappropriate.

While the system must contain an Earth-like world, it doesn’t have to be the focus of the image. Try to show off as many features as you can which make the system interesting and a strong potential tourist destination!

All winning entries will receive 5,000 ARX in addition to the Tourist Beacon, so get exploring!

Good luck

O7
Here is my entry
Commander uraniborg (PC)
System North America Sector DQ-Y d9 (body BCD2)
Interesting features: views of the North American and Pelican Nebulae, orbiting 2 close class M stars with an L dwarf nearby, also a Water World very close to the ELW

20210925221925_1.jpg

Last edited:
Name of the system: PYROIFOI HA-Y D1-23
In-game Commander name: In4mat

Information:
This system is 7496.31ly away from SOL. It contains
  • An ELW;
  • A terraformable Water World;
  • 3 terraformable HMCs and 5 HMCs which can land (Two of them have thin atmospheres. I can't enter the Odyssey for some reason, so I cannot determine whether there are creatures, so sorry for this).
o7

QMBL5M@562H51V}T3@V9VE5.jpg
P_`I9@B460ZHM1Z}ZQPFX1M.jpg
Screenshot_0233.jpg
HZYV(U@$MWOQW~6H}96%X5J.jpg

Last edited:
System: Froags XY-S d3-3448
Earthlike: Froags XY-S d3-3448 A 5

Commander Name: Savenger

I discovered this gorgeous system recently on my first trip out to Colonia, and ended up spending a few days just flying around taking pictures of everything. It acted as an oasis on my trek out, a break from travelling that refreshed both my body and soul. Having mapped every inch of it, (in my head canon at least) I've claimed it in honour of my sister. One day my Commander will retire there. But not yet.

Details:
  • Binary System with two particularly pretty stars: a white/blue Class A and a white/yellow Class F. 23 planetary bodies, all rocky bodies.
  • Beautifully blue ELW orbiting main star.
  • Three Waterworlds.
  • Five terraformable planets.
  • Two landable planets, including a gorgeous ringed High Metal Content world. (In Horizons at least, probably more landables in Odyssey).
  • Two pairs of close-orbiting binary worlds.
  • Prominent view of the galactic plane.
  • Some particularly dense star-fields close-by as a backdrop. (See Image)
  • Just off the main Bubble | Colonia trading lanes.

Links: SYSTEM MAP | PLANET | A FEW MORE PICS FOR THOSE INTERESTED )

FALzZjrXEAEgX6w

Froags XY-S d3-3448 A 5

Last edited:
System: Hypiae Aurb NH-L C8-63

Earthlike: Hypiae Aurb NH-L c8-63 2

Commander's name: Xelaxs

distance from the Sol: 25,353,59 ly
found this system by chance, on the way to Beagle Point

this earth-like planet and the ammonia world (which is suitable for terraforming) move in orbit around each other, they have almost the same size
there are really many worlds with black holes next to this system

in 25 years there is a planet with a gravity of 11g that is suitable for landing
2021-09-26_13-02-38.png

Attachments

• 2021-09-26_13-16-30.png
    2021-09-26_13-16-30.png
    427 KB · Views: 48
  • 2021-09-26_12-55-41.png
    2021-09-26_12-55-41.png
    286.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
CMDR Finnanator252
System: 137 G. Carinae
Body: 137 G. Carinae C 6
137 G Submission.jpg

Like a tourist brochure you say? Not mentioning the rings, with a three-star sunrise, and a sunset view of Barnard's Loop and the Witch Head Nebula, I dont see a better place to visit over the holiday season! (relatively speaking of course)

SYSTEM: Segnao JC-S d5-5870
Earth-Like: Body A3
Commander: White Zephyr

A unique system located ~17,000 ly past Colonia inside the Segnao AA-A H50 nebula.

System details:
  • Binary star system. Primary star is Class A, secondary star is Class F.
  • Earth-like world (Body A3) is in binary orbit with a 77,067km Class III Gas Giant (Body A2) around the primary star (Class A).
  • There are 10 total gas giants in the system, 8 of which have rings. The gas giants have a total of 35 moons.
  • Moons B5D and B5F are landable with 100% Ammonia atmospheres.
    • Each moon has 5 exo-biology signals.
    • Of the two, Moon B5D is the most remarkable:
      • Notable biologics include: Tussock Cultro, Osseus Spiralis, Fungoida Setisis, Frutexa Flabellum, and Bacterium.
      • At sunset and sunrise, the sky turns a gorgeous neon green which compliments the reddish/pink hue of the nebula above.
      • Moon B5D has a moon of its own (B5DA) orbiting in close, making for some breathtaking transits.
      • There is a stunningly large impact crater on one side.
  • Moons B3CA and B5A contain Bark Mounds (no atmospheres).

Segnao JC-S d5-5870 Jun_07_2021_09_43.jpegSegnao JC-S d5-5870 Jun_07_2021_09_56-2.jpegSegnao JC-S d5-5870 Jun_07_2021_19_26-3.jpegSegnao JC-S d5-5870 Jun_07_2021_10_47-3.jpegSegnao JC-S d5-5870 Jun_07_2021_11_23-3.jpeg

Last edited:
In-game commander name = CMDR ELEVATORMUSIC
Name of the screenshotted system = HYPHEERLD FW-L D8-31
What makes this system interesting and a strong potential tourist destination = One of forty eight bodies in the system, the Earth Like World (screenshot#4) orbits next to the only other terraformable body in the system. The system hosts five stars and five different types of gas giants. Two of the gas giants host separate types of life: water and ammonia (screenshots#2 and #3 respectively). This system resides within a concentrated cluster of nearly four thousand explored systems in the shape of four 100Ly^3 cubes (screenshot#1).

Attachments

• cgpic.jpg
    cgpic.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 44
  • gas1j.jpg
    gas1j.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 38
  • gas2j.jpg
    gas2j.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 39
  • erf1j.jpg
    erf1j.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Name: CMDR Huntaer

I found these a couple of months back when I decided to circumnavigate the Galaxy in my Beluga. My passengers have never seen such a thing before: 2 Earth-Like Worlds orbiting each other.
I call these the Twin Pearls.

ELW.jpg

Bleia Dryiae HW-C d29 System
(Body 3 Earthlike World)
(Submitted by CMDR Amaya Matsuda)

When one sees the untouched earthlike world in this system third from its star with a lone moon orbiting it, one can't help but think of how Earth itself must have looked in the distant past. Relive humanities first steps into the void as you travel from this world to it's moon, experiencing your own Armstrong moment as you step foot on it's surface for the first time and look up to see that vibrant blue pearl in the sky.

Ponder the past and where we all came from, then consider the hope of the future and what could be as you realize that this moon itself is terraformable and could one day be as vibrant and lush as the planet that now hangs in the sky before you.

Then once you're done contemplating get ready for adventure on moon 4a of the next planet over as you set out on a exo-safari to discover not one or two but seven froms of exotic extraterestrial life!

With the mix of the nostalgia of the past, the hope for the future, the comfort of the familiar and the excitement of the new and unknown this is a trip you'll surely remember for years to come!

bleia-dryiae-hw-c-d29-jpg.264928

Attachments

• Bleia Dryiae HW-C d29.jpg
    Bleia Dryiae HW-C d29.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 386
It's okay if the ELW has been discovered. We're looking for a screenshot of the system
Hi CMDRs...I'm planning a route on the Spansh ELW plotter, in a loop for easy fun, and now I realize I would have about the same route any other pilot would have so a waste of time. Then I realize my chances of increasing ELW potential would only occur if I changed my jump range to something very huge, even for my ship, then the search result plotted would be wider area and get me less traffic...does this makes sense...??

Route plotted in CSV given

Top Bottom