Your reaction to the 2.4 Commander Chronicles Video

It was a pretty intense experience... This is the closest thing I can think of in the SFW field.
[video=youtube;Gfw4yxn_kPQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfw4yxn_kPQ[/video]

• We could have had Contact or Arrival or Close Encounters, instead we're getting Independence Day. OK cool. I'm in. I've already done this a LOT before; but sure fine it's fun to shoot flying saucers with missiles and it probably always will be, so let's get to it.

Though to be fair, there has been something like 18 months of Canonn research leading up to.

See thread 10 and Soontil Relics (thread 1) .. 28/04/2015

like there's no one here to tell you about the depth of the water or the trouble that you're in ....

[video=youtube;gzDqCcTeSmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzDqCcTeSmY[/video]

Last edited:
I saw an intentional video trying to raise Multicrew from the ashes.

Multicrew is dead.
Why the pilot say evasive maneuvers? He is the pilot.
Why the girl says the target was locked nad % of HP if anyone can lock or see the remaining HP?

I see only a cinematic trailer without any gameplay. Unless, they have changed multicrew and that would be even bigger than the Thargoids.

The thing that initially drew me to Elite was its attention to detail and its willingness to build play systems which emerge from the implications of the lore and worldbuilding, rather than "me-too" features imitating something else. This hasn't been Elite's MO for a while, but it still makes me a little bit sad every time I see further confirmation that this is the path the game is going to be taking from now on.

• Hair hangs down as if in gravity. :(
• 5 Ships working together in one instance. Not realistic - or maybe I should get my hopes up?
• Multicrew ships working together in a wing. Not realistic - or maybe I should get my hopes up?
• New modules are the same as the old modules except 'anti-Thargoid version.' Ship loadouts for Thargoid hunting will likely be mutually exclusive to loadouts for human killing. Either that or new modules will do double-duty and supersede all existing modules.
• 2.4 appears to be starting immediately with "hey guys here's the new enemies and here are the new weapons to kill them with." Meanwhile most players have no idea what Thargoids are and have never encountered them. Given that the season is supposed to be spread across multiple updates, it would be nice to have some kind of initial encounters to establish their presence in the game-world and establish the kind of threat they represent, rather than just plonking them into the game along with new silver weapons in the weapon shop for killing the new werewolves, or whatever.
• Knockoff Hans Zimmer style music.
• We could have had Contact or Arrival or Close Encounters, instead we're getting Independence Day. OK cool. I'm in. I've already done this a LOT before; but sure fine it's fun to shoot flying saucers with missiles and it probably always will be, so let's get to it.

Honestly, anyone who claims shooting at Thargoids doesnt fit in the Elite series seems to have missed a turn somewhere. If Elite Dangerous is imitating anything, it is Elite. Which is somewhat to be expected...

I saw an intentional video trying to raise Multicrew from the ashes.

Multicrew is dead. Keelback co-pilot seat was kinda "confirmed" in the stream
Why the pilot say evasive maneuvers? He is the pilot. He was the commander of the leading ship of a 5-ship wing
Why the girl says the target was locked nad % of HP if anyone can lock or see the remaining HP? there was no hitpoint indicator on the pilots target hologram

I see only a cinematic trailer without any gameplay. Unless, they have changed multicrew and that would be even bigger than the Thargoids.

dunno about multicrew.
the corvette was in a wing AND had a full bridge crew.
this could also mean NPC bridge crew in 2.4 :D

dunno about multicrew.

Between you me and the gatepost .. I wondered if holo-me save slots means you could slot your own characters into your spare seats, with relative development ease (I have NOTHING to back that up with though).

--

[video=youtube;P_kn2rtuc4o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_kn2rtuc4o[/video]

Last edited:
My reaction to a cutscene is always: "Looks nice, but what will the gameplay be like".

But anyway the potential gameplay stuff I noticed;
• The anti-shutdown countermeasure looks like it's on a utility slot
• Thargoid have health regeneration - maybe they regen too fast for one player to kill them off

Good. They're an alien threat one player should struggle to take them on.

Honestly, anyone who claims shooting at Thargoids doesnt fit in the Elite series seems to have missed a turn somewhere. If Elite Dangerous is imitating anything, it is Elite. Which is somewhat to be expected...

That being said the vid where a whole bunch of human ships wing up on a single 'goid vessel.

Damn what a bunch of bullying griefers that could have been a Thargoid cruise ship full of innocent insectoid tourists.

Also I could be joking......... about the griefing anyways.

Good thing I didn't make that claim.

I do think it is a profoundly unimaginative and by-the-book way to get the ball rolling. And yes everything about the look and sound and overall presentation is highly derivative of other focus-tested extruded sci-fi product style media.

Get behind them....Stay behind them!

I just wonder if they will be 1980's Prepare to die Thargoids or the new style 2017 Dont worry I wont blow up your ship Thargoids.

Ok Ok I will show my reaction :

-Wing of FIVE (!) EDIT: WING OF FIVE + 2 Multicrew CMDRs... so it's a wing of SEVEN!

- Hunter lead to Hunter CMDR... please don't EVER refer to SW EVER. You're not SW and is not even close...

- How do you know the range?!

- How do you KNOW it's a cyclops variant?! Better how your corvette can do 300 while not Boosting?! and you're on 2 pips! how fast is this thing anyway?!

- Did he just said to SHE(the Copilot) Deploy hardpoints and activate the weapons?! Is this IN GAME?! I Don't think so....

- Hope those new missiles does Damage to everything and not thargoid exclusive they look awesome!

- Bio sings? really? so that's what you gonna call the hull?

- Really 12 missiles and it's down to 50%? that's like a hull of 480... that's outrageous weak.

- WAIT if it's regenerating why the hell you want me to wait it goes to 100% again?! Fire all weapons! (DBZ logic aplies to Frontier so..)

-READING A energy build?! FROM WHERE ?! WE DON'T HAVE THIS IN GAME!

- "Evasive maneuvers" (you're the pilot you dumb F)

- I feel i have seen it somewhere before...

maxresdefault.jpg

Don't know where....

Last edited by a moderator:
dunno about multicrew.

So in 2.4
The Keelback with another seat will fix multicrew.
We can have multicrew AND a wing of 5 ships
We are going to have crew with the capability to search and lock thargoids with specialized hardware that no one else can do.

I'm liking this update a LOT!

Top Bottom