Zoo gets flooded by bugged protestors

Hello!

I have a very weird and bothering bug, that my first franchise zoo (after beta) gets flooded by protestors for no reason. Guess it might be realted to the bug I also had in Beta, where there where demonstrations for animals no longer in the zoo. But this time it is more serious for me.

So, I will try to explain more and also add some pics, this could turn out longer so please bear with me!

I used to have a huge group of Japanese macaques, but the keepers never fed them enough. There were always monkey straving and many died, so of course I regulary had protestors there (and for a reason) So I decided to lower the numbers and sold most of them and had no problems after that. Only a few days later I noticed one or two protestor groups around their habitat, but there wasa nothing wrong with them at the time (also not with the neighnouring animals) I tried to click those protestors to see what they were protesting about, but the game would instantly crash to Desktop each time. I figured they were bugged, but hey, so few I could just ignore, right?
Well, I wish it would have been that easy - guess how shocked I was when I noticed their numbers were increasing? And of course none could be clicked, so I named them "Crashtestors". After just some time they were blocking many streets.

20191117004843_1.jpg

20191117004827_1.jpg

After my experience with the beta I assumed they could have to do with my (already sold or dead) monkeys and I tried anything to get rid of them. Like closing the zoo, deleting the path underneath them... but it was to no avail. They would always storm back as soon as the park was open again.

20191126211405_1.jpg

Considering I figured it had to do with my monkeys I decided to send them all in the center, close the zoo and delte the habitat all together. What seemd to be a good idea was a total disaster. As soon as I opened the gates again they would storm back and a few secnonds later the game crashed and I couldnt load it anymore. I was very lucky there was still an autosave from before I delted the habitat or I would have lost the zoo...

After that I kind of gave up with this zoo and hoped future pachts would slove it, but saldy they didnt (after 1.0.3. things got even worse, I came back to this zoo and suddenly half of my animals were straving, hadnt had such problems with almost all of them before, but this another story) Only thing they did was actually confirming it has to do with the monkeys.
Just today I tried the zoo again, wanted to slove the feeding problems and yes, hoping I could get rid of the protestors (the now valid aswell as the bugged ones^^ )
This time I could click all the protestors without crashing.
20191207173740_1.jpg

They really go to the Japanese habitat, but they have no actual animal they protest about (and I think they still multiply).

Did any of you has or had the same problem? And maybe even sloved it? Dont think I ever saw someone else have this kind of problem.
I know this zoo is not perfect and I did some mistakes there, but I would love to slove them.. but those protestors really taking a toll on my guest happiness, they are a waste of space and they arent helpful for performance either.
Its my first franchise zoo since beta and I put well over 200 hours in it alone, so I will be very thankful about any help!
I tried anything I could think about, but nothing helped :(

Many thanks!

That is not a bug, that is a feature.

And all that for just 9 animals? This looks like a battle of red vs blue, and red is winning.

Last edited:
@Jaggid Edje Yeah, I thought that aswell already! Its really crazy... it could be funny, if it wasnt so game breaking (okay, not totally but its getting there):cry:

@Dr4gon Well, I am not new to this game, so I am 1000% sure in this case its not a "feature", but a bug. I already tried what you said and they do dissapear - but then they storm back from the entrance and go as close to the habitat as they can. And as I already said, at first clicking them was always crashing the game. Today I noticed I can finally click them without crashing the game (probaly possible since last patch?) but all I can see there is they are going to my Japanese Macaque habiat, but not protesting about an actual animal.
Of course I dont claim there are never any true protestors in my zoo, but in this case I would say over 99% are not.
Oh and the notifications in the case of the screenshots were mostly or all "just" my sick (inbred) albion peafowls. There may or may not have been actual protestors for them at the time- but no way up to those thousands (?)

So yeah, I wish it was just as easy as deleting the path under them, but sadly it dosent work. They also wont runaway from escaped animals or anything.

I am totally at lost...

Last edited:
@Jaggid Edje Yeah, I thought that aswell already! Its really crazy... it could be funny, if it wasnt so game breaking (okay, not totally but its getting there):cry:

@Dr4gon Well, I am not new to this game, so I am 1000% sure in this case its not a "feature", but a bug. I already tried what you said and they do dissapear - but then they storm back from the entrance and go as close to the habitat as they can. And as I already said, at first clicking them was always crashing the game. Today I noticed I can finally click them without crashing the game (probaly possible since last patch?) but all I can see there is they are going to my Japanese Macaque habiat, but not protesting about an actual animal.
Of course I dont claim there are never any true protestors in my zoo, but in this case I would say over 99% are not.
Oh and the notifications in the case of the screenshots were mostly or all "just" my sick (inbred) albion peafowls. There may or may not have been actual protestors for them at the time- but no way up to those thousands (?)

So yeah, I wish it was just as easy as deleting the path under them, but sadly it dosent work. They also wont runaway from escaped animals or anything.

I am totally at lost...
Delete the zoo. You need to move on. There is nothing wrong with starting anew. Move you animals to the trade centre first and nothing is lost. Only your research is gone, but you'll overcome.

Delete the zoo. You need to move on. There is nothing wrong with starting anew. Move you animals to the trade centre first and nothing is lost. Only your research is gone, but you'll overcome.

^^ This is solid advice.

I've only been doing franchise mode for a few weeks and I've already done the above 3 or 4 times just because I wasn't happy with how I did things and starting over was easier than closing the zoo and deleting a ton of stuff. Sorta sad that the zoo I'm happiest with is the one I made "only to breed cheetahs"....14 habitats and still growing later, I like it more than the any of the other zoos I've made so far.

There is nothing wrong with starting over - if it's your choice. When game bugs cause you to have to start over - that's not acceptable. I know how you feel, I had to do it after 1.0.3 ruined a zoo I had over a hundred hours into. I am now liking my new zoo better but I would have preferred the decision to start over to be mine.

Oh, I did start a new zoo. And its also better set up, to be honest. I got to like it, too.
But honestly? Deleting the zoo is no solution to this bug. Or to any bug.
Also I have 300+ animals in there and bringing all over to another zoo is alot of work and takes some time I would rather not spend. And yeah, I just want it back properly again, its a franchise afterall and why shouldnt I have more than one big zoo? Meanwhile I probaly wont play there alot anymore and just use it to switch some breeding animals for my other zoos.

Anyways, guess I can only hope for a fix. I just wonder if I am really the only one who has this kind of problem?:unsure:

Probaly those protestors know my biggest wish for this game is taking pixel orcas from their pixel ocean to put them into pixel tanks and thats why they are swarming my zoo:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
@Tuky that is a very strange problem. Have you made a report on the Issue Tracker? These screenshots are really helpful, but if you've posted on the Issue Tracker, we can look into the issue deeper for you by using your specs too.

Regarding your previous comment, did you delete the zoo this was happening in, or did you start a different zoo? If you still have it, we'd appreciate you sending us your save file.

Last edited:
Yeah, they use the staff paths quite regulary. Especially when I just load the game new or closed/opened the zoo, they use them to move around. And then there is this group who often to always pile up in front of the keeper gate to protest:censored:

20191209223108_1.jpg

But the majority is still on the normal paths.

Yikes! That's got to be a record for number of protestors in a zoo.

And with so many blocking the habitat entrance, how exactly are the keepers supposed to get inside to take care of the animals??? You protestors are a menace! ;)

@Chante Goodman So, I finally found my save file, but where do I send it to?:unsure: I think I once saw the address somewhere on this forum, but I cant find it anymore. Thanks🤗

@Klinn Well, I think they hate my monkeys and want them to get straved... I can already hear their chants as "Strave the macaques! Strave the macaques..."

Them being on the staff path is because the small connecting pieces that go to the habitats and the facilities is normal path. It's a bug that let's them walk the staff path to reach that small patch of normal path.

This does look very weird with all those protestors.

How's the animal welfare doing?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
@Chante Goodman So, I finally found my save file, but where do I send it to?:unsure: I think I once saw the address somewhere on this forum, but I cant find it anymore. Thanks🤗

@Klinn Well, I think they hate my monkeys and want them to get straved... I can already hear their chants as "Strave the macaques! Strave the macaques..."

Not Chanté (My sass levels are not nearly as high!) but you can send your file to community@frontier.co.uk :)

@Paul_Crowther Thank you! I just send it over. Hopefully it will help you all to figure it out. And I am also kinda curious what might have caused this strange (and rare?) bug in my zoo. Or just get it sloved at least - that would be nice😁

@Luuknoord Oh, I hardly care about them walking over the staff paths, as longs as the keepers can still feed the animals (and honestly, ever since the beta I thought thats just normal for protestors) The welfare is pretty good for a zoo that has at least 250 up to 400+ animals at times. And I am pretty confident it has nothing to do with my animal welfare anymore (maybe with the welfare of past animals?) After all they show no animal they are upset about, just the habitat. It also dosent matter if the habitat is empty, so yeah🤷‍♀️

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
@Paul_Crowther Thank you! I just send it over. Hopefully it will help you all to figure it out. And I am also kinda curious what might have caused this strange (and rare?) bug in my zoo. Or just get it sloved at least - that would be nice😁

@Luuknoord Oh, I hardly care about them walking over the staff paths, as longs as the keepers can still feed the animals (and honestly, ever since the beta I thought thats just normal for protestors) The welfare is pretty good for a zoo that has at least 250 up to 400+ animals at times. And I am pretty confident it has nothing to do with my animal welfare anymore (maybe with the welfare of past animals?) After all they show no animal they are upset about, just the habitat. It also dosent matter if the habitat is empty, so yeah🤷‍♀️
When the guests walk over staff paths, they get unhappy because they can see you torture your animals. And when guests feel unhappy, you are gonna feel unhappy too because you get less money to buy more instruments to torture more species in your zoo. It's simple as that :p

Top Bottom