You can only invert the right drag and freelook y axis. Please allow us to invert completely, so including the x axis and not only in freelook. I purchased the game when it first came out but uninstalled because the controls made it unplayable for me, being the complete opposite controls of all other games i play. It feels like as if you would have a game use W key to move backwards and S forwards etc. I saw a lot of other people decided to refund the game for this reason, but i decided to keep it to play in the future when it got added. Its such a simple feature to add and you will literally get more customers if you add it, i really regret not refunding and i even bought all dlc yesterday when i decided to install again wrongfully assuming that of course it was in the game now so long after considering there was so many people complaining about it and refunding over it. Please please just give us the option to invert. I cant play until you do and same for many people. Those people who refunded will probably buy it if they know you added it. Please

I've never felt a need for an inverted control in my short gaming life.
So, if you don't mind, would you generously inform me why that is such an important option, and why the absence of it makes the game essentially unplayable?

I've never felt a need for an inverted control in my short gaming life.
So, if you don't mind, would you generously inform me why that is such an important option, and why the absence of it makes the game essentially unplayable?
Absolutely. The reason it is unplayable is because the controls planet zoo uses by default is the opposite of what many other games do, which means that it is insanely hard to play if you happen to play multiple other games. Imagine playing something like fortnite and moving your mouse to the left actually moves the camera to the right instead, or using the S key to move forward, the W key to move backward, A key to move to the right, D key to move to the left, space bar to crouch and ctrl key to jump. It is completely backwards camera controls, which is fine if its the only game you play or the other games you play are first person or something. It’s a very important option to simply invert the controls, it’s easy for them to implement it since they already implemented it for one axis in one mode, it’ll be no problem adding toggles for the remaining axis and mode.

I am so confused right now because I‘ve played a ton of games in my life and PZ is no other than all of those. I never once had any of those issues you‘re mentioning…all the game I have work with the same controls from strategy to RPGs to other simulation and building games 🧐

I mean if they wanna add those options why not, but I don’t see the need for it myself.

Absolutely. The reason it is unplayable is because the controls planet zoo uses by default is the opposite of what many other games do, which means that it is insanely hard to play if you happen to play multiple other games.
Played 2 FPS, around 3 online RPG, 3 RTS, etc. I never felt their camera movement is opposite to PZ, but what do I know.

I'm not too sure what you're talking about? It doesn't seem any different in terms of camera controls to a very large amount of other games

You can only invert the right drag and freelook y axis. Please allow us to invert completely, so including the x axis and not only in freelook. I purchased the game when it first came out but uninstalled because the controls made it unplayable for me, being the complete opposite controls of all other games i play. It feels like as if you would have a game use W key to move backwards and S forwards etc. I saw a lot of other people decided to refund the game for this reason, but i decided to keep it to play in the future when it got added. Its such a simple feature to add and you will literally get more customers if you add it, i really regret not refunding and i even bought all dlc yesterday when i decided to install again wrongfully assuming that of course it was in the game now so long after considering there was so many people complaining about it and refunding over it. Please please just give us the option to invert. I cant play until you do and same for many people. Those people who refunded will probably buy it if they know you added it. Please
I absolutely feel your pain. Most of the games have the opposite, but also have the option to invert both axis and it should be a basic option especially for a game like this and for this price. I really hope they will add it in the future because playing like this is very painful and we are talking about a very simple feature.

Top Bottom