Planet Zoo: Grasslands Animal Pack arriving 13 December 🦋

After a bit of thinking im a bit disappointed by the pack, but not because carnivores, models or any animal choice individually, but the fact that imo the theme of grasslands wasnt used well.
What i mean with that is that many actual grassland only animals missed out, while 5 of the animals are atleast if not more so viable in a desert (nine banded, caracal, emu, hyena) or a woodlands pack (wallaby).
This ofcourse doesnt make the animal selection worse, i like them all and love that the emu and wallaby are finally in the game, BUT its kind of dissapointing knowing that these 5 came in instead of actual grassland only animals like the greater rhea, serval, Patagonian mara, black buck, several other antelopes and many other animals.

After a bit of thinking im a bit disappointed by the pack, but not because carnivores, models or any animal choice individually, but the fact that imo the theme of grasslands wasnt used well.
What i mean with that is that many actual grassland only animals missed out, while 5 of the animals are atleast if not more so viable in a desert (nine banded, caracal, emu, hyena) or a woodlands pack (wallaby).
This ofcourse doesnt make the animal selection worse, i like them all and love that the emu and wallaby are finally in the game, BUT its kind of dissapointing knowing that these 5 came in instead of actual grassland only animals like the greater rhea, serval, Patagonian mara, black buck, several other antelopes and many other animals.
I would also add the butterflies is a odd choice for a grassland pack which I'm sure surprised everyone. The only animals that truly feel in the right place are the wildebeest and maned wolf

but the fact that imo the theme of grasslands wasnt used well.
Yes, it's funny because only the Wildebeest and the Maned wolf are the only truth grassland animals of this pack but is okey,
If the emu wouldn't added in this dlc many people would have been angry hahaha,
The first thing when I think in a dessert dlc is the emu
But personally all the options are okey and they don't lie when say they live in the grasslands, and if we get a Dessert/Drylands pack we could get better options now because we have some " Obligated " species like the emu, caracal or the stripes hyenas
And the inclusion of butterflies are so good added to the game 🙃

I some how agree with that. The striped hyena is pretty much using a spot that could've (should've) been taken by another bird (secretary bird basically)

The armadillo looks amazing but is a better fit in a desert pack, even though they are indeed found in grasslands but is not among the first animals that come to mind when i think of grasslands.

That said, i'm very happy with every choice in this pack as individual animals, even with the butterflies. It sure doesn't fit the grasslands theme that well but is still an instant by for me just because of how many cool animals it offers.

I think this pack is amazing, and I’m so happy to see a return to animal packs. Campaign scenarios are the best. A butterfly house will be wonderful, and I think the habitat animals helped tremendously with underrepresented regions. I was not rooting for the black wildebeest and striped hyena, but I’m warming to them. I would have liked to see an African habitat bird, and I am still rooting for a serval. Still, the caracal is an excellent cat, and the obligatory “clone” species are popular. I think this will be my second favorite pack, just barely behind North America. Thanks, Frontier!
The campaign scenario! It's a small thing, but I'm so happy that the new letter system wasn't a one and done with the Twilight Pack. The timed scenarios were dreadful. Proper juicy career scenarios I can take my time with are much better and I'm excited to see what this new one brings.

Yes, it's funny because only the Wildebeest and the Maned wolf are the only truth grassland animals of this pack but is okey,
I don't get how any of the other animals aren't true grassland animals. People keep saying animals like the emu, striped hyena, caracal and nine-banded armadillo are more desert animals, but this is just plainly not the case - all four of them are much more common in grasslands, and most actually avoid properly arid areas and are mostly found in vegetated deserts. I don't understand why including these animals, which are primarily found in grasslands over desert, removes the spots of "true" grassland animals, but including them in a desert pack, which would actually suit them less, wouldn't take spots from "true" desert animals?

The biggest issue with hyena are the wrong eyes and ears shape. Maybe it’s something they can still improve before the launch? @Eltanin Casciani would you please take a closer look at this issue? Also @Old Country made great video about it:
View attachment 336106
Source: https://youtu.be/eqvs2-FMh9I
haha funny to see my video on it here. Basically to sum it the only chnages I think need to be made to it is the eye shape and the ear shape and size. The model is actually quite gorgeous and it's cool to see them pull off longer hair!

I don't get how any of the other animals aren't true grassland animals. People keep saying animals like the emu, striped hyena, caracal and nine-banded armadillo are more desert animals,
Maybe because they are not the first animals when think in a grassland animals, I don't have any issue with the choices personally, makes me happy all of them

A new desert pack lineup:

Drylands animal pack (I have to keep the (lands) theme going)

Dromedary
African spurred Tortoise
Collard peccary
Yellow footed rock wallaby
Addax
Hamadryas Baboon
Greater Roadrunner
WE: Vulture species (when you think of deserts you think of vultures)

I don't get how any of the other animals aren't true grassland animals. People keep saying animals like the emu, striped hyena, caracal and nine-banded armadillo are more desert animals, but this is just plainly not the case - all four of them are much more common in grasslands, and most actually avoid properly arid areas and are mostly found in vegetated deserts. I don't understand why including these animals, which are primarily found in grasslands over desert, removes the spots of "true" grassland animals, but including them in a desert pack, which would actually suit them less, wouldn't take spots from "true" desert animals?
Umm maybe because there are some only grasslands animals that could've been selected instead of these animals that do live in desert areas.
A new desert pack lineup:

Drylands animal pack (I have to keep the (lands) theme going)

Dromedary
African spurred Tortoise
Collard peccary
Yellow footed rock wallaby
Addax
Hamadryas Baboon
Greater Roadrunner
WE: Vulture species (when you think of deserts you think of vultures)
Pretty much perfect pack although i would love a patagonian mara in there (and the rhea). Some rep for cold deserts lol

Umm maybe because there are some only grasslands animals that could've been selected instead of these animals that do live in desert areas.

Pretty much perfect pack although i would love a patagonian mara in there (and the rhea). Some rep for cold deserts lol
I wanted to add them but I wasn’t sure if they were desert animals

It just surprises me how people were up in arms over the Malayan Tapir but are okay with this striped hyena. I mean look, I don't really care that much, but it definitely looks wrong lmao
I'm going to put out a video going into high detail of what is wrong about the striped hyena and what is good and how it's actually very easily fixed with a few minor adjustments. Hopefully rally some people to the cause!

Top Bottom