Planet Zoo: Grasslands Animal Pack arriving 13 December 🦋

It just surprises me how people were up in arms over the Malayan Tapir but are okay with this striped hyena. I mean look, I don't really care that much, but it definitely looks wrong lmao
The Malayan Tapir was about slamming new colors on an old model. That is just a lazy approach and an uneducated view on what a tapir is.

No matter if this hyena is good or bad, it is clearly a new design. This means they probably did their best no matter if you think they failed or not.

Umm maybe because there are some only grasslands animals that could've been selected instead of these animals that do live in desert areas.
But if they were in a desert pack, there would be some animals found only in deserts that would be replaced by species found primarily in grasslands, and I don’t see how that’s better. That’s my point.

EDIT: To be clear, I don’t think a desert pack should be made up of animals found only in deserts. I’m just pointing out how I don’t see why the grasslands pack should be made up almost entirely of species found exclusively in grasslands while the desert pack is a dumping ground for every species that also occurs in an arid environment.

Last edited:
also about the hyena let's be honest it looks 100x better then the spotted hyena in game.. I still do think it might be just a bad angle or just it was in animation and frontier capture this pic when the hyena it is in the middle of an animation lol... if It's not a angle problem so I hope frontier will fix it but even if not I still think it looks nice and I still will use it.
I think frontier did their best and I really appreciate it! if it can take some fixes it would be fantastic but if not I still love them and I will use them. ✨

Pretty excited for this pack, been pining for armadillo and emu for ages, super excited for the other 3 too, plus butterflies! YAY!

A new desert pack lineup:

Drylands animal pack (I have to keep the (lands) theme going)

Dromedary
African spurred Tortoise
Collard peccary
Yellow footed rock wallaby
Addax
Hamadryas Baboon
Greater Roadrunner
WE: Vulture species (when you think of deserts you think of vultures)
Swap the wallaby for the rock hyrax and it’s literally perfect. African spurred tortoise is probably the #1 species I keep wanting to use before catching myself and remembering we don’t have it.

I love this game and it keeps getting better. The striped hyena is so cute. I've never seen one and this is a whole revalation for me. The wallaby and emu are gold. I feel we finally have enough to make a proper Australian wildlife park. So excited.

So, about the striped hyena. I was super excited when I saw the first picture. The body and the fur on its back look amazing to me. But I agree the face looks a little big and weird. But maybe it's only the angle of the picture... Waiting to see it in the game. And overall, I'm still very excited about it.

Yeah, it's understandable why they stopped doing the little video previews like they did for Arctic and South America, as they must be significantly more work (for building packs, let alone animal packs), but every animal looks so much better when you can see it in motion and/or from a few different angles rather than betting everything on a single screenshot.

Agreed, the hyena shot is probably taken during some animation like turning around or standing up.

Remember the reveal photo for the Amur Leopard? It looked weirdly disproportional and also looked like it needed a buff, but in the game they are right kind of mass and looks great imo. Second picture that I took just from a different angle.
Amur_Leopard_image_1__webp_80.jpg

Planet_Zoo_Screenshot_.png

Last edited:
Probably the only one who is so excited 'bout the blue wildebeest
I am also super excited about the Blue Wildebeest, it was on my top 25 wish list.

Not really, I am super excited about it as well! It's such an iconic African Savannah habitat animal for me! I never knew of the existance of the black wildebeest till Planet Zoo, for me it always was the blue wildebeest or the white-beared one! So yeah, I am super excited as well :D

Same here, I never heard of it before Planet Zoo

Agreed, the hyena shot is probably taken during some animation like turning around or standing up.

Remember the reveal photo for the Amur Leopard? It looked weirdly disproportional and also looked like it needed a buff, but in the game they are right kind of mass and looks great imo. Second picture that I took just from a different angle.View attachment 336197
View attachment 336196
The body of striped hyena is good, but Frontier should tweak the ear and eye of striped hyena.
The Amur Leopard just like a big cat. Amur Leopard remaster in Nexus mod is much better

I mean, every single time they release the pictures a lot of people say an animal looks bad. But when u look at them ingame all of them look super good(malayan tapir exception) no doubt this is happening again and will happen i future dlcs.
The models of striped hyena amd amur leopard aren't bad, but their faces have some problems. Frontier should aware these issues.
If frontier make tweaks for these models , all players will be very happy for that.

Top Bottom