GALNET - PULSE WAVE XENO SCANNER NOW AVAILABLE - 01 JUN 3309

Pulse Wave Xeno Scanner Now Available

GALNET

PULSE WAVE XENO SCANNER NOW AVAILABLE​

01 JUN 3309
Pilots’ Federation ALERT
An initiative in Rabh has enabled Aegis to begin manufacturing a module that gathers data about the Titans.
Deliveries of ceramic composites, polymers, gallium and indium were immediately put to use mass-producing the pulse wave xeno scanner. Distribution is underway and rescue ships have already begun stocking the module.
Professor Alba Tesreau, head of Aegis, released a statement:
“The Thargoid Titans represent not only the greatest threat to humanity, but also the greatest scientific opportunity in a generation. Learning more about these enormous constructs could be crucial to our understanding of the Thargoid species, which I still believe is the only path to ending the war.”
“A coalition of Allied, Federal and Imperial technicians worked around the clock to modify Professor Palin’s xeno scanner using pulse wave technology. Thanks to the dedication of independent pilots in providing resources, the new module has been made available in excellent time.”
“Aegis has a keen interest in all information that can be gleaned about the Titans. I sincerely hope that the data we acquire will add to our scant knowledge about the Thargoids and lead to further discoveries.”
Rewards are now available at Muller Terminal in the Rabh system for all those who transported supplies for this project.
Elite Dangerous 2023.06.01 - 17.06.12.00.png

(No tech broker usage needed)

Last edited:
Checked with the resue ship at Ellis, they don't seem to have the Pulse Wave Xeno Scanners yet. Checked in Utilities -> Experimental, only those I purchased early are there at the moment. No PWXS at the tech broker there either. Maybe it's just a delay in making them available, but I hope this should be a purchase for credits only.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
One question, can we scan surface structures which we now know are buried motherships 🤔
Do we know that? We know that they are downed vessels that are being deconstructed. We also know that the Titans are three times the size of the ones on the ground.
Still worth checking, but I don't think they're the same thing.

Do we know that? We know that they are downed vessels that are being deconstructed. We also know that the Titans are three times the size of the ones on the ground.
Still worth checking, but I don't think they're the same thing.
I believe the fact that the "unknown [thargoid] structures" we find on planets ARE crashed Thargoid ships (and that the Scavengers we see are salvaging them) was part of the package of information released to folks on the partner program prior to Update 15. This is a shame since the EXACT wording used in that briefing is not public knowledge so phrases like "mothership" are pure conjecture and could easily have been used by those content creators inadvertantly (this is the danger with using 3rd parties to dissemninate key bits of information and lore). When I spoke to Arthur on Lave Radio about the 3D models for both the maelstrom and crashed versions of these ships he was very quick to point out that I was making assumptions about them being the same thing tho' and it's since been revealed that the ships we find in the maelstrom are about three times the size. My current personal view is that the crashed ships are simply older "models" of the Titan, perhaps a slightly different/smaller class of command ship, but are not fundamentally different and that we probably shouldn't lose too much sleep pondering the significance of that. I dare say whatever plans FD have for getting inside or otherwise defeating the Titan's was probably at least in part conceived and developed after those crashed ships were added and that we shouldn't assume anything about the Titan (e.g. the presence of a central map room) from what we've seen previously.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I believe the fact that the "unknown [thargoid] structures" we find on planets ARE crashed Thargoid ships (and that the Scavengers we see are salvaging them) was part of the package of information released to folks on the partner program prior to Update 15. This is a shame since the EXACT wording used in that briefing is not public knowledge so phrases like "mothership" are pure conjecture and could easily have been used by those content creators inadvertantly (this is the danger with using other people to dissemninate key bits of information and lore).
Yes it is a shame. I believe the Buur Pit video is the only one to mention that Samantha Marsh said they are "gigantic long dead downed Thargoid vessels and they're being deconstructed by the ever present Thargoid scavenger units"

That kind of information is very important and relevant to the wider community, so it's a shame that's the only record of it there is.

When I spoke to Arthur on Lave Radio about the 3D models for both the maelstrom and crashed versions of these ships he was very quick to point out that I was making assumptions about them being the same thing tho' and it's since been revealed that the ships we find in the maelstrom are about three times the size. My current personal view is that the crashed ships are simply older "models" of the Titan, perhaps a slightly different/smaller class of command ship, but are not fundamentally different and that we probably shouldn't lose too much sleep pondering the significance of that. I dare say whatever plans FD have for getting inside or otherwise defeating the Titan's was probably at least in part conceived and developed after those crashed ships were added so we probably shouldn't assume anything about the Titan (e.g. the presence of a central map room) from what we've seen so far.
I certainly think the Surface Sites are indeed crashed ships, I have always thought that since a short while after they were initially discovered. I think command ships is a good way of looking at them because they could have been coordinating the attacks in the first war, which is why they have the map rooms and the Links point to other sites, so they can all maintain communication with each other.

But whatever plans Frontier originally had for them disappeared during the hiatus of years spent working on Odyssey, and the moving on of pretty much the entire narrative/lore team between their introduction and the reboot of the story in 2021. This I think is most evident by the fact that the Scavengers are clearly not deconstructing anything :) They may be incorporated into the current story somehow, or they may be left to slowly be picked apart, but I don't think they would have been in anyone's thoughts when creating the new Titan Scanner.

Checked with the resue ship at Ellis, they don't seem to have the Pulse Wave Xeno Scanners yet. Checked in Utilities -> Experimental, only those I purchased early are there at the moment. No PWXS at the tech broker there either. Maybe it's just a delay in making them available, but I hope this should be a purchase for credits only.
Yeah same... No sign of it in tech broker or outfitting.

I believe the fact that the "unknown [thargoid] structures" we find on planets ARE crashed Thargoid ships (and that the Scavengers we see are salvaging them) was part of the package of information released to folks on the partner program prior to Update 15.
From how Brother Sabathius told it, it was more like a slip up on Frontier's behalf; a bit like:

Frontier: "You know those unknown structures are Thargoid vessels, right?"
Partners: "Uh... yeah. We think. No. Yeah. Really? So this is confirmed?"
Frontier: * looking left and right with a slight sense of panic * "We told you before, didn't we?"
Partners: "..."

Not exactly a slip up, but it seemed Frontier was working on the assumption that we kind of knew already when this was never really confirmed officially.

Last edited:
Top Bottom