GALNET - PULSE WAVE XENO SCANNER NOW AVAILABLE - 01 JUN 3309

The deep tissue samples sell for a decent amount I suppose but beyond that, what these are for remains to be seen.

dYZId7R.png

What I find far more intriguing is why the titan pulse scanner highlights these!

JSLq0Xk.png

Aside from the nearby launch tube residue spots that can be abrasion blasted off there doesn't currently seem to be any way to interact with these launch tubes directly, so why highlight them quite so specifically and clearly like this?

Last edited:
Aside from the nearby launch tube residue spots that can be abrasion blastered off there doesn't currently seem to be any way to interact with these launch tubes directly, so why highlight them quite so specifically and clearly like this?
There are tissue sampling spots nearby, I assumed that was part of the highlighting for them as the launch tubes are often more visible from a distance. The sampling spots can be quite hidden. I guess we will see 🤷‍♀️

The deep tissue samples sell for a decent amount I suppose but beyond that, what these are for remains to be seen.
This has forever been the problem with tissue sampling; FD never established a reason to do it besides credits, and because of the busted economy, those credits are virtually nonexistent.

Prior to the Thargoid War we've had:
Mollusc Brain Tissue/Fluid/Membrane/Mycelium/Soft Tissue/Spores[1]
Pod Core Tissue/Dead Tissue/Mesoglea/Outer Tissue/Shell Tissue/Surface Tissue/"plain" Tissue[1]
Thargoid Scout/Cyclops/Basilisk/Medusa/Hydra Tissue Samples

... and although not Research Limpet commodities, we've got the Thargoid Sensor/Probe/Link and Resin/Tech Samples/Biological Matter.

Of those, Probe/Sensor/Link and Cyclops/Basilisk/Medusa samples are the only ones that have had practical uses, but only situational uses and not really recurrent.. being access to the Thargoid structures and activating it, and for the Ram Tah quests for the samples. Resin/Tech/Bio was used for a mission offered by Palin out of Obsidian Orbital, but then that got nerfed/removed(?) and now they're just for selling on the market.

But those were just a hop-skip-and-jump from the bubble. Pod and Mollusc samples you need to literally traipse thousands of lightyears to get and haul back. We had that one CG which was great, but also came with a lot of complaints about the mechanics (which involve a lot of sitting around doing not much). Notwithstanding that, the fact you'd go all the way out there, grab maybe a few hundred samples then come all the way back just for not much more than a million credits... it's just been a massive void that FD have never dealt with (and, not to derail, but should have dealt with well before any of their recent new content initiatives... but i digress)

The Thargoid war has introduced a general purpose for tissue sampling... unfortunately by making it the most effective means to deal with the Thargoid war means a sorely-neglected aspect of the game is now thrust into the headlights for many players, some who didn't even realise you could tissue sample... and the warts are pretty clear.

At least the Thargoid War uses are something, but I've been a broken record about the neglect in this mechanic for years. It's just another landmine FD set for themselves years ago and neglected to deal with because it wasn't an FOTM money spinner.

It needs something better.
What I find far more intriguing is why the titan pulse scanner highlights these!

Aside from the nearby launch tube residue spots that can be abrasion blastered off there doesn't currently seem to be any way to interact with these launch tubes directly, so why highlight them quite so specifically and clearly like this?
What Factabulous said, I think it'll just be the location where you get those from.

However, the optimistic part of me hopes there's some sort of interaction with it, even if that's not right now.

[1] I still routinely discover people who never knew non-Thargoid space organics could be sampled, they thought they were just there to look pretty.

What Factabulous said, I think it'll just be the location where you get those from.
There are tissue sampling spots nearby, I assumed that was part of the highlighting for them as the launch tubes are often more visible from a distance. The sampling spots can be quite hidden. I guess we will see 🤷‍♀️
I'm not convinced. For all the other sampling spots we get quite specific small green highlights around the spot itself. But this one quite clearly highlights the entire launch tube like a dirty great signpost saying "go in here".

I'm not convinced. For all the other sampling spots we get quite specific small green highlights around the spot itself. But this one quite clearly highlights the entire launch tube like a dirty great signpost saying "go in here".
The optimist in me agrees with you.

The part of me with 3rd degree burns from the amount of times I've had those hopes disagrees.

The balanced part of me suggests that it's a "component" much like the fighter launch bays on megaships and installations

If it's not cash (given cash was how the "leaked" ones were obtained) FD had better brace for max pitchfork community outrage!
As I understand it, Bob's Genuine Earth-Style pitchforks are on sale this week. They are just down the road from Pete's Discount Tar and right across the street from Joe's All Purpose Swan & Goose Feather Emporium. Abraham Lincoln station, Sol System.

I certainly think the Surface Sites are indeed crashed ships, I have always thought that since a short while after they were initially discovered. I think command ships is a good way of looking at them because they could have been coordinating the attacks in the first war, which is why they have the map rooms and the Links point to other sites, so they can all maintain communication with each other.
I could be wrong but if I remember correctly the original thought was that this is how they grow their ships. However the idea that it might be a crashed command ship is more logical, considering the fact that they had the map room in there showing whatever used to control things where to go.

I just think it would be silly to have Commander Bug 1 tell Commander Bug 2 to go get a bunch of objects and sensors so we can plug them in and get the map to turn on for a few moments so we can find out where they are and where they want to go.

In our much more primitive ships we just push a button and select Galaxy map.

Last edited:
Just have to add... dammit FD... you finally got me.

After a few goes taking in my heavy-duty Anaconda and my lighter Asp E, and even trying a DBE out with no joy actually getting back in one piece or anything more than 20% health from the Titan... you finally got me.

The damn Imperial Clipper... it's finally useful.

Whipped up a pretty ordinary shieldless, cold fit off the top of my head [1] and took it in... and it's the best ship I've ever used for this. A big, fast ship that runs cold well and can fit a universal limpet controller and enough tank to have high survivability in the maelstrom and the journey in there.

I evaded everything from scouts, interceptors and the glaive on the way in, got some samples and got back out... only ran into one caustic generator on the way out when the pulse activated behind me and the heat burst caused me to get detected.... still got back with 86% hull on a shieldless fit.

EDIT: Gotta think about how to swap the PWXS for an engineered long-range frameshift wake scanner to get all those thargoid wakes... the power consumption on that is chonk :(

So.... I surrender for now....

[1] Noting coriolis doesn't seem to have caustic sinks/tp neuts/PWXS or enhanced AX multis, so they're all missing from that fit.

[1] Noting coriolis doesn't seem to have caustic sinks/tp neuts/PWXS or enhanced AX multis, so they're all missing from that fit.
I used Coriolis for a looong time, since I liked the simplicity of the interface better, in relation to EDSY.

But I recently changed to EDSY, mainly due to the lack of updates on Coriolis. It took a bit of getting used to the EDSY interface, but I believe it to be more complete, more explicit in displaying information and much more up to date.

The damn Imperial Clipper... it's finally useful.

Whipped up a pretty ordinary shieldless, cold fit off the top of my head [1] and took it in... and it's the best ship I've ever used for this. A big, fast ship that runs cold well and can fit a universal limpet controller and enough tank to have high survivability in the maelstrom and the journey in there.

I evaded everything from scouts, interceptors and the glaive on the way in, got some samples and got back out... only ran into one caustic generator on the way out when the pulse activated behind me and the heat burst caused me to get detected.... still got back with 86% hull on a shieldless fit.
Indeed. Clipper finnaly found its niche. I too using it as well for Maelstorms gameplay. It has everything that is required over there... mainly speed and enough of optionals required. Gimballed EAX multicannons allows to fight off any pesky hunters, while anything else can be simply outrunned.

Mine is shielded, using class 6 biwave with G5 enchanced low power, but its used only to get into maelstorms. Once inside, I turn it off to lower heat signature. Of course plant is G5 low emission with thermal spread, and once shields are off, its stays at about 17% heat (even while moving), and it can stay undeceted near titans for infinite periods of time. Instead of universal limpets, I prefer have size 7 repair at that slot, makes repairs much more quicker. 16T anti-corrosive cargo rack, size 1 research and collector limpets for collecting, one AMFU for repairs, size 2 MRP, rest is HRP's. 615 boost speed, 240 shields, about 3k hull.

Even with weak shields like that, it still can negate a lot of dmg, when fighting glaives, thats why I use it.

Last edited:
Indeed. Clipper finnaly found its niche. I too using it as well for Maelstorms gameplay. It has everything that is required over there... mainly speed and enough of optionals required. Gimballed EAX multicannons allows to fight off any pesky hunters, while anything else can be simply outrunned.

Mine is shielded, using class 6 biwave with G5 enchanced low power, but its used only to get into maelstorms. Once inside, I turn it off to lower heat signature. Of course plant is G5 low emission with thermal spread, and once shields are off, its stays at about 17% heat (even while moving), and it can stay undeceted near titans for infinite periods of time. Instead of universal limted, I prefer have size 7 repair at that slot, makes repairs much more quicker. 16T anti-corrosive cargo rack, size 1 research and collector limpets for collecting, one AMFU for repairs, size 2 MRP, rest is HRP's. 615 boost speed, 240 shields, about 3k hull.

Even with weak shields like that, it still can negate a lot of dmg, when fighting glaives, thats why I use it.
Nice! Might downsize my Cutter …

I used Coriolis for a looong time, since I liked the simplicity of the interface better, in relation to EDSY.

But I recently changed to EDSY, mainly due to the lack of updates on Coriolis. It took a bit of getting used to the EDSY interface, but I believe it to be more complete, more explicit in displaying information and much more up to date.
I used EDSY for the longest time because Coriolis' UI didn't make much sense to me.. but then it changed so I went to Coriolis... now I need to go back I guess :ROFLMAO:

Once one gets past the apparent "user unfriendliness" of EDSY, it is evident that it is superior and far better and detailed than Coriolis.
And even easy to use, once its basic philosophy is understood.

Being a pulse scanner ... I don't suppose it highlights motherlode asteroids in the field surrounding the Titan does it?
And the blows keep coming!
After setting up a Maelstrom mining Dolphin, I went there only to have an appalling yield. Didn't manage to get a single ton of Tritium, or anything else interesting.
And now the hope for Maelstrom Core Mining has become smaller, with so many utility slots required just to stay alive. 🥺

Incidentally, I guess this got forgotten about :/

1685714877161.png

I took some Titan samples up there because I remember the bonus on normal thargoid bits being pretty good. Unfortunately, it looks the same as the rest of the bubble. Given these appear on the market and the rest don't... I guess the special rules still exist for the other things.

Yeh, it’ll just mean engineering yet another 6A Power Plant, 5A FSD, etc … was really hoping the stuff I already have was gonna fit …
Its definetly worth it.

In my case, I had spare maxed out plants, distributors, FSD's, drives and almost all optionals... enginering itself was easiest and fastest part of process... But still had to unlock caustic and TG neutrailzer, well as unlock 16t anti-corosive rack cuz until like 2 weeks ago, I havent did all that... I think worst part was getting caustic sink, due of lack of means to deal with corrosive(lack of high heat weps maked burin off caustic more problematic)... but I kinda liked challenge it was(funny enough I picked hadad for lulz). I managed to unlock both just in two trips into maelstrom with that clipper without lossing ship or cargo... though had recollect my tissue samples due of damaged cargo hatch from too many burnoffs wich wrecked a bit my internals.

Of course, once had unlocked caustic sinks and TGN, and installing these into clipper then getting into maelstorm was piece of cake. Clipper speed allows to get inside before second pulse is relased from titan if done right.

dYZId7R.png

JSLq0Xk.png

Aside from the nearby launch tube residue spots that can be abrasion blasted off there doesn't currently seem to be any way to interact with these launch tubes directly, so why highlight them quite so specifically and clearly like this?
Yes, that sample spot was near one of those green glowies on mine as well. I had wondered about the significance of it glowing green. Didn't have time to poke around as for some reason a hunter found me regardless of being 2% heat.

Top Bottom