GALNET - PULSE WAVE XENO SCANNER NOW AVAILABLE - 01 JUN 3309

As I understand it, Bob's Genuine Earth-Style pitchforks are on sale this week. They are just down the road from Pete's Discount Tar and right across the street from Joe's All Purpose Swan & Goose Feather Emporium. Abraham Lincoln station, Sol System.
Another Commander that owes me a coffee :ROFLMAO:
Genius Sir, Genius.

O7

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I could be wrong but if I remember correctly the original thought was that this is how they grow their ships. However the idea that it might be a crashed command ship is more logical, considering the fact that they had the map room in there showing whatever used to control things where to go.

I had always thought they were crashed because they had been infected with the Mycoid virus and they had to try to save themselves so they deliberately crash landed on top of barnacle site.
All the sites have barnacle spires around them, it would make sense because they could use the Meta Alloys to help repair themselves.

The inactive sites are ones that crashed too hard, or were too badly damaged by the mycoid.

Just have to add... dammit FD... you finally got me.

After a few goes taking in my heavy-duty Anaconda and my lighter Asp E, and even trying a DBE out with no joy actually getting back in one piece or anything more than 20% health from the Titan... you finally got me.

The damn Imperial Clipper... it's finally useful.

Whipped up a pretty ordinary shieldless, cold fit off the top of my head [1] and took it in... and it's the best ship I've ever used for this. A big, fast ship that runs cold well and can fit a universal limpet controller and enough tank to have high survivability in the maelstrom and the journey in there.

I evaded everything from scouts, interceptors and the glaive on the way in, got some samples and got back out... only ran into one caustic generator on the way out when the pulse activated behind me and the heat burst caused me to get detected.... still got back with 86% hull on a shieldless fit.

EDIT: Gotta think about how to swap the PWXS for an engineered long-range frameshift wake scanner to get all those thargoid wakes... the power consumption on that is chonk :(

So.... I surrender for now....

[1] Noting coriolis doesn't seem to have caustic sinks/tp neuts/PWXS or enhanced AX multis, so they're all missing from that fit.
Out of curiosity, are you fighting goids near the Titan? While I'm using the Clipper myself, I feel like the 'conda should work as long as you stay silent running. I've had hunters and scouts get within 2km and not attack me, even at high heat. Also, if you go FA off and let that pulse wave hit you on the way out, you get pushed out of the cloud right quick. Just don't get nauseous.

Out of curiosity, are you fighting goids near the Titan?
Nope. With an almost all- mining-tool layout that's not happening.
While I'm using the Clipper myself, I feel like the 'conda should work as long as you stay silent running. I've had hunters and scouts get within 2km and not attack me, even at high heat.
The Conda was too slow when getting hyperdicted by glaives on the way in.

Also i wanted to bring rebuy costs down, because i do often try some bold and likely suicidal things.
Also, if you go FA off and let that pulse wave hit you on the way out, you get pushed out of the cloud right quick. Just don't get nauseous.
Good tip

hrm... top 25% of bounty hunting and no scanner ?

Check that...found mine at Rescue Ship Cavell. Not sure why it was there, but <shrug>

Last edited:
Top Bottom