Free Update Meta-Wishlist

I got one idea for free update. I know it's not gonna be everyone's ideal free update, but it's for further immersive scenarios in zoos IRL.
We do have plenty of bacterial zoonotics in game, but what about parasites?
It's part of the zoo vet's job to provide treatments to individuals with parasite issues too. Any thoughts?

I got one idea for free update. I know it's not gonna be everyone's ideal free update, but it's for further immersive scenarios in zoos IRL.
We do have plenty of bacterial zoonotics in game, but what about parasites?
It's part of the zoo vet's job to provide treatments to individuals with parasite issues too. Any thoughts?
I forget vets actually do something other than fix broken bones in sandbox, parasites is an interesting suggestion to combine with all the existing infections. Only thing that could backfire is people might be more squeamish about parasites compared to bacterial infections.

• add flying and ground walking animations for the future aviary birds
  • add egg laying for the Platypus, birds, reptiles, ambhibians and insects
  • new and more realistic animations for the base game animals
  • rename some animals (for example Timber wolf>Northwestern wolf, Cheetah>Southeast African cheetah, African buffalo>Cape buffalo)
  • guest-animal interactions
  • interspecies interactions
  • let the grass eaten in the habitat satisfy the hunger of the herbivores
  • aquarium exhibit for the fully-aquatic animals
  • more barrier types
  • new feeders for habitat animals
  • hotel for the guests
  • playground for the children

Last edited:
Meerkats have sentry animations though, but I agree that it would be cool if there was some kind of enrichment where they can play said animation in the spots you want.
It's more that it's such an integral part of their social structure. A singular item would make this behaviour stand out as a role instead of "just something meerkats do". I'm not suggesting a total rework of their social behaviours in-game, but an enrichment item would at least create the illusion. Even better, if it was at all possible, have one meerkat at random times climb to the highest accessible point in the habitat and stand sentry for a given amount of time before relinquishing the role to another.

I want a meerkat sentry post. It's ridiculous that we didn't get one with the Africa Pack - sentry behaviour is the most famous behaviour of meerkats.
Meerkats have sentry animations though, but I agree that it would be cool if there was some kind of enrichment where they can play said animation in the spots you want.
It's more that it's such an integral part of their social structure. A singular item would make this behaviour stand out as a role instead of "just something meerkats do". I'm not suggesting a total rework of their social behaviours in-game, but an enrichment item would at least create the illusion. Even better, if it was at all possible, have one meerkat at random times climb to the highest accessible point in the habitat and stand sentry for a given amount of time before relinquishing the role to another.
Would also work for the prairie dogs, although a little different. Right?

I got another one: power lines and water pipes

To tell y'all the truth, I don't wanna place a transformer, a wind turbine, or solar panels for EVERY SINGLE HABITAT AND BUILDING. They look bad, they can kinda get in the way, and guests complain.
So, what if we can connect power lines, whether on top or underground, that can connect to each other and to different energy boxes (whatever they're called), therefore preventing us to have to put so many energy facilities everywhere.

Same with the water facilities...

And yet another idea: staff construction pieces.

I'm tired of guests walking in staff zones, but I'm also tired of placing staff paths to prevent guests since the No-Entry barriers don't work as I intend them to. What if we have specific in-game pieces, or at least can toggle some options, that allow staff to pass but not guests?

I got another one: power lines and water pipes

To tell y'all the truth, I don't wanna place a transformer, a wind turbine, or solar panels for EVERY SINGLE HABITAT AND BUILDING. They look bad, they can kinda get in the way, and guests complain.
So, what if we can connect power lines, whether on top or underground, that can connect to each other and to different energy boxes (whatever they're called), therefore preventing us to have to put so many energy facilities everywhere.

Same with the water facilities...

And yet another idea: staff construction pieces.

I'm tired of guests walking in staff zones, but I'm also tired of placing staff paths to prevent guests since the No-Entry barriers don't work as I intend them to. What if we have specific in-game pieces, or at least can toggle some options, that allow staff to pass but not guests?
I was gonna make a joke about cities skylines but great idea, I turn off these in sandbox due to how many a large zoo needs to function correctly.

I have an honest question for y'all, but what exactly is the difference in gorilla vs orangutan locomotion?
I looked up videos of then walking but it just shows them on 2 feet. What exactly needs to be changed in the way orangutans walk?

I have an honest question for y'all, but what exactly is the difference in gorilla vs orangutan locomotion?
I looked up videos of then walking but it just shows them on 2 feet. What exactly needs to be changed in the way orangutans walk?
When I've watched orangutans walking on the ground, they often have their front feet rotated all the way round (so the hands are pointing backwards) and walk on the outer sides of their back feet (so the toes are curled inwards). They are very strange animals when walking on all fours, to my experience.

The orangutans in game already have a slightly altered walk cycle from gorillas. It’s fairly realistic to how orangutans walk on the ground irl. I personally didn’t have a problem with it. The climbing animations are the main problem. Really wish the siamang and orangutan had different base climbing animations to go along with their brachiation . The way the gibbon was handled on that front with the tightrope walking really makes me want a redo of those two

The orangutans in game already have a slightly altered walk cycle from gorillas. It’s fairly realistic to how orangutans walk on the ground irl. I personally didn’t have a problem with it. The climbing animations are the main problem. Really wish the siamang and orangutan had different base climbing animations to go along with their brachiation . The way the gibbon was handled on that front with the tightrope walking really makes me want a redo of those two
Ok, makes sense, because I couldn't see a huge huge difference, so I was very confused
Oh, I've got a new one! Flexicolor rewards statues! It would hopefully be more than one color per statue too.
I'd like to add: mirrored variants of the reward statues

I have yet another idea (I feel inspired today. Maybe I should go get my head checked): being able to rename your shop items.

Like, I wanna put a hot dog stand down. I can clearly rename the shop and choose the prices and condiments. But why can't I RENAME MY HOT DOGS!!! I want to see Sea Dawgs by the bay, not hot dogs. I wanna sell Chili Cheese dogs, not a Wumbo Mumbo Jumbo dog

Top Bottom