Elite: Dangerous Legacy League

I did wonder why you were logging in & out so much :)

Glad you solved your issue.
It was hell I tell you. :)

Glad to see you are still online. I don't get to play much recently, but I fall in love every time I boot it up (when it works :) )

Happy New Year to all Legacy commander btw! :)

lego.gif

Hm. Legacy server status down. Can not play. Odyssey works fine.

What's this?
I was booted off the server at 1am (game time). I tried logging back in & got different server & networking messages each time. The network connection had gone very laggy for about half an hour before. Could have been my ISP, the game servers or anything in between with the weather we've been having ;)

Tried just now & logged in to the game (not just the menu) just fine so the servers are definitely up now at least.

I was booted off the server at 1am (game time). I tried logging back in & got different server & networking messages each time. The network connection had gone very laggy for about half an hour before. Could have been my ISP, the game servers or anything in between with the weather we've been having ;)

Tried just now & logged in to the game (not just the menu) just fine so the servers are definitely up now at least.
Thank Jameson! 🙂

Any fun suggestions for turrets with highest possible DPS. Yes, I know they are garbage. Humour me. :)

I always have a use for bounties for the controlling factions of several systems.

One I rarely get chance to visit myself but has some lovely dense & moodily lit rings is LFT 859.

What are you talking about? I asked for suggestions for turreted weapons.🙂😆🧐

I have some turrets on Bat (my main bounty gathering Corvette) that are there for any multi-crew Cmdr to use. Invite someone to join your crew, set the role to piracy so they won't get booted automatically if either of you gets a bounty. you fly the ship, they can do the shooting. Don't forget to let them know how much alcohol you've consumed & keep them updated. You have to take a drink every time you collide with an asteroid ;)

I have some turrets on Bat (my main bounty gathering Corvette) that are there for any multi-crew Cmdr to use. Invite someone to join your crew, set the role to piracy so they won't get booted automatically if either of you gets a bounty. you fly the ship, they can do the shooting. Don't forget to let them know how much alcohol you've consumed & keep them updated. You have to take a drink every time you collide with an asteroid ;)
So no actual suggestions regarding which turrets to try out? You're in a particular mood this evening.🙂

So no actual suggestions regarding which turrets to try out? You're in a particular mood this evening.🙂

Not really they are garbage ;)

I use oversized efficient beams but they are small & medium. For large mounts I'd use something that required me to point the ship at my target & press a button.

If you want high DPS out of large turrets you could try short range blaster multi-cannons (one with corrosive shell, the other two could be autoloader or something) but the ammo won't last long & the max range is 2km with a max effective range of 1800m IIRC. I tried turreted frags once but they waste their ammo firing from too far away to be effective. For Frags to be really devastating you need to get right up close (practically touching your opponent) & 3x blammo. At that point you may as well use a forward firing variant for the increase in DPS.

On my mission runner Pythons I use a long range fixed beam to get an NPCs attention then blat them with 4x gimbaled frags and 4 pips to shields as they ram me. Anything smaller than a Conda is usually dust after the first pass, condas can take a bit longer.

On my vette I use 2x huge short range gimbaled multi-s, their ammo lasts twice as long & there is no spool up time. I have a long range beam under the nose to bring down shields before they get in range of the multi-s. Gimbaled projectile weapons go well with fixed lasers, it means I can be firing them all at the same time to minimise my ttk.

TL;DR multi-cannons if you insist on large turrets.

Not really they are garbage ;)

I use oversized efficient beams but they are small & medium. For large mounts I'd use something that required me to point the ship at my target & press a button.

If you want high DPS out of large turrets you could try short range blaster multi-cannons (one with corrosive shell, the other two could be autoloader or something) but the ammo won't last long & the max range is 2km with a max effective range of 1800m IIRC. I tried turreted frags once but they waste their ammo firing from too far away to be effective. For Frags to be really devastating you need to get right up close (practically touching your opponent) & 3x blammo. At that point you may as well use a forward firing variant for the increase in DPS.

On my mission runner Pythons I use a long range fixed beam to get an NPCs attention then blat them with 4x gimbaled frags and 4 pips to shields as they ram me. Anything smaller than a Conda is usually dust after the first pass, condas can take a bit longer.

On my vette I use 2x huge short range gimbaled multi-s, their ammo lasts twice as long & there is no spool up time. I have a long range beam under the nose to bring down shields before they get in range of the multi-s. Gimbaled projectile weapons go well with fixed lasers, it means I can be firing them all at the same time to minimise my ttk.

TL;DR multi-cannons if you insist on large turrets.
Now that's more like it. 🙂 Excellent. Thanks. I knew you would come to your senses eventually.🙂
I'm going to look into oversized efficient beams (I imagine they run quite hot in turrets?)
And yeah, the MCs seem to be the obvious choice of champions.🙂

Efficient beams on turrets absolutely rock. With at least one thermal vent they just keep firing and firing. They're not the highest DPS, but do damage to your target whenever within range.

Almost all my combat builds include a turreted beam to keep an opponent's shield down while I do big damage with some fixies. In my opinion gimbals are the worst of both worlds.

I also use rapid fire (or high capacity) screening shell turreted frags for defence. They behave the same as point defence if you have them set to fire at will, and have at least one PDS fitted. They're not great at taking out ships, but do well against torpedoes and missiles. Though you need to be careful if security forces are around. I plonk them on poorly placed or spare hardpoints, like the class 1 and 3 points on the Corvette.

Aside, I suspect there's a small benefit to turret targeting if you have at least one NPC pilot with Elite rank.

Efficient beams on turrets absolutely rock. With at least one thermal vent they just keep firing and firing. They're not the highest DPS, but do damage to your target whenever within range.

Almost all my combat builds include a turreted beam to keep an opponent's shield down while I do big damage with some fixies. In my opinion gimbals are the worst of both worlds.

I also use rapid fire (or high capacity) screening shell turreted frags for defence. They behave the same as point defence if you have them set to fire at will, and have at least one PDS fitted. They're not great at taking out ships, but do well against torpedoes and missiles. Though you need to be careful if security forces are around. I plonk them on poorly placed or spare hardpoints, like the class 1 and 3 points on the Corvette.

Aside, I suspect there's a small benefit to turret targeting if you have at least one NPC pilot with Elite rank.
Excellent. Thanks. Lots to consider. 🙂

Yeah, I was also wondering how to best utilise/outfit an NPC pilot. If in an SLF, or on board.

...TL;DR multi-cannons if you insist on large turrets.

Efficient beams on turrets absolutely rock. With at least one thermal vent they just keep firing and firing. They're not the highest DPS, but do damage to your target whenever within range...
Thanks for your expert opinion guys.

I'm going to try to be as specific as possible for this question:

Scenario: PvE, Krait Mrk2, laid back combat with as little active participation as possible, aside from maneuvering of course, a.k.a. relaxing and enjoying the fireworks.

Hardpoints: Turrets.

So considering ToT , DPS, visual gratification and minimal pips management, what is the optimal turret config? I don't want to be switching hardpoints, so I'm basically looking for a 1 size fits all config. I know it won't be optimal from a murder boat perspective, but that is not what I'm looking for.

I'm unsure if optimizing pulse, burst or beam is most efficient in this light. I expect efficient lasers are best in order to preserve pips for shield and engine. I imagine coupling a few laser turrets with a couple of MC turrets for best bang for my buck.

TL; DR: Looking for a one size fits all efficient turret config for a Krait Mrk2.

Oh, and which SLF would you recommend for an NPC? I'm thinking fixed lasers of some sort, for visual satisfaction.

Thanks in advance to anyone chiming in. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your expert opinion guys.

I'm going to try to be as specific as possible for this question:

Scenario: PvE, Krait Mrk2, laid back combat with as little active participation as possible, aside from maneuvering of course, a.k.a. relaxing and enjoying the fireworks.

Hardpoints: Turrets.

So considering ToT , DPS, visual gratification and minimal pips management, what is the optimal turret config? I don't want to be switching hardpoints, so I'm basically looking for a 1 size fits all config. I know it won't be optimal from a murder boat perspective, but that is not what I'm looking for.

I'm unsure if optimizing pulse, burst or beam is most efficient in this light. I expect efficient lasers are best in order to preserve pips for shield and engine. I imagine coupling a few laser turrets with a couple of MC turrets for best bang for my buck.

TL; DR: Looking for a one size fits all efficient turret config for a Krait Mrk2.

Oh, and which SLF would you recommend for an NPC? I'm thinking a fixed lasers of some sort, for visual satisfaction.

Thanks in advance to anyone chiming in. :)
For the SLF my favourite is the GU-97 Gelid-F variant with two fixed beam lasers, I only use NPC flown fighters.

Top Bottom